Well what on Earth, you may well ask has Blessed Charles to do with same sex marriage. Well I guess Fr Charles shows the exact oppostie way to militant sexual perversion. He tried abosolut hedonism and lucked out with it ,so he went another road. I was lsitening there on the Radio to the regular way of life for amny young homosexuals and I guess you could say it is living the good life. Staying awake for days at a time kept permantly on a high by hard drugs and travelling from one sex partyto another for deeper and deeper perversions in a quest for higher and higher thrills. It reminds me of the young Fr Charles. I supposed Blessed Charles reminds me not to regard these people as enemies but as our lost sisters and brothers and not to give up on them, because God doesn't.
View attachment 3127 Ephesians 6:10-18New International Version (NIV) 10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.
Interesting that you write this Padraig. I read the blog below and felt convicted a bit. My reaction to all of this has been self-absorbed. I was more concerned on attacks on our faith, country and the "persecution" I might deal with. Yet, as this blog points out, the real victims here are those poor souls that will now go deeper into sin and these souls who might have been saved, but now are lost because of this ruling. http://www.churchpop.com/2015/06/27...scotus-marriage-decision-wont-be-persecution/
Yes Mike. I believe Our LAdy said at Fatima that the sins that lead most souls to fall into hell are sins of impurity. I suppose one of the reasons why this is so is that from the outside they can seem so harmless. Perhaps its because they appear so harmless that modern people are so permisive of them. In scripture too we see the Hebrews again and again being lulled into this mistake because in contact with Pagan Cultures they appeared to be very permissive and again from the outside they seemed so harmless. But when we take a closer look at, say prostitution or homosexual sex parties we realise that you don't have to wait for hell to arrive there. I like to beleive that people are looking for love , but I wonder if it is not often just simple lust. St Paul warns that they bear on their own bodies the marks of their sin. But it is their poors souls as Our Lady of Fatima indicated: http://www.cdc.gov/msmhealth/STD.htm "She opened Her hands once more, as She had done the two previous months. The rays [of light] appeared to penetrate the earth, and we saw, as it were, a vast sea of fire. Plunged in this fire, we saw the demons and the souls [of the damned]. The latter were like transparent burning embers, all blackened or burnished bronze, having human forms. They were floating about in that conflagration, now raised into the air by the flames which issued from within themselves, together with great clouds of smoke. Now they fell back on every side like sparks in huge fires, without weight or equilibrium, amid shrieks and groans of pain and despair, which horrified us and made us tremble with fright (it must have been this sight which caused me to cry out, as people say they heard me). The demons were distinguished [from the souls of the damned] by their terrifying and repellent likeness to frightful and unknown animals, black and transparent like burning coals. That vision only lasted for a moment, thanks to our good Heavenly Mother, Who at the first apparition had promised to take us to Heaven. Without that, I think that we would have died of terror and fear." http://www.cdc.gov/msmhealth/STD.htm
Incredible saints, just incredible. The work of God in making a single saint is greater than His creation of the entire universe (IMHO).
How strange that after posting about all that evil that I should be told on the phone this morning that my oldest friend's son has just committed suicide. He has two children and another on the way. In the same call I was told that my nephew who has recently joined the army has just lost his best friend in a fatal car accident. Death is all around and is nevet really far away. These deaths happened in Scotland. I am in New Zealand. It still feels close.
We have had a truly blessed Sunday. My wife and I plus 3 of our 4 children (and my son's fiancé ) were at a beautiful talk and then Rosary led by Fr. Andrew Apostoli(of EWTN) . Now, I will admit the kids were a bit reluctant but they came. He talked about Fatima and it's promise. He spoke beautifully on the power of the Rosary to protect the family and to give us hope. Mary, the new Ark, is one pillar and the Eucharist is the other pillar of our strength and hope in the storms ahead.
Thanks Miker. My nephew is Ciaran. His friend who died was Chris. My friends who lost their son are Brenda and Martin. Their son who killed himself was Mark.
Eternal rest grant unto Chris and Mark and may perpetual light shine upon them. May their souls and all the souls of the faithful departed rest in peace. Amen Also praying for the family members who are grieving. May they find solace, peace and trust in the promise of the Resurrection.
The start of Civil Disobedience in the USA? http://www.wnd.com/2015/06/civil-rights-leader-speaks-out-on-marriage-ruling/ Alveda King says she will not obey or acknowledge the high court’s ruling
This describes exactly how I feel: http://littlecatholicbubble.blogspot.com/2015/06/rejoice-churchs-beacon-just-got-brighter.html?m=1
America- You Defiantly Mock Me- Destruction Comes to Your Land!- http://afterthewarning.com/messages...5/06/06-28-america-you-defiantly-mock-me.aspx June 26th, 2015 Family of God, Father God began speaking this message directly after the Supreme Court ruling in the United States which recently legalized gay marriage in our nation. This occurred on June 26, 2015, a most terrible day for this country. May God have mercy on us who believe... Oh America, land of the free, home of the brave; how mighty and powerful have you seen yourself. Yet, you are sinners in the hands of an angry God. You are so courageous in that you will stand face to face with the God of all creation, the very One who formed you from dust and breathed My spirit into you, and you will openly and defiantly mock My commandments and all that I AM. HOW DARE YOU!!! How dare you defy the One and only, true and living God! You have fought long and hard to call good - evil, and evil - good. You have rejected all that is sacred and all that is holy for filth and for all that is profane. You have twisted My laws and crammed perversity down the throats of innocent generations. Abominations after abominations follow your selfish desires. You have chosen darkness over light, although My hand of mercy had always been extended to you. My anger and My wrath is kindled and I cannot watch any longer. I am a God who gives you the desires of your heart, and your desires are putrid and they vile. You may now reap what you have sown. I turn you over to all that you lust for and all that you have elevated above Me. Do not cry out to Me as you wallow in your sin and blame Me for your fate. For it is you who choose utter darkness as your path. I will come in My judgments against you with a vengeance and a fury unlike you have ever seen, and then you will see who is God! I will rain down fire and brimstone upon your heads and cause you to choke on all the lies you speak. Destruction comes to your land. The harbingers are all around you. The end is here! To My faithful remnant, I will cause you to be lifted up on wings of eagles and your path will be white as snow. I have hedged you in on all sides. Fear not this day, My judgments as I will not forget My own. Turn your eyes away from all that I must do to purge this nation of her disobedience. Bury your face in My heart and know beyond a shadow of a doubt that your redemption draws near. I have prepared a place for those who love Me, and it is far beyond what you can imagine. I would not tell you this if it was not so. PREPARE!!! PREPARE!!! PREPARE!!! YOUR KING IS COMING! IT IS UPON YOU... GOD ALMIGHTY - THE ONLY ONE WHO GIVES YOU LIFE [Scripture verses associated with this message can be read here.] http://www.iamcallingyounow.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/america-you-defiantly-mock-me.html?m=1
Thanks for the link Heidi, she spoke to my own mind set on obumers re election to current events. I thought something is wrong with me to not be outraged over this decision but the more I read the article revealed how much I converted in my views since the re- election... The City on a mountain ref screamed out to me! its not the USA but the Church Thanks again
This is so spot on! When I heard the news on Friday, my first reaction was anger and frustration but then thanks to the Holy Spirit, my next reactions were to get to Mass and thankfully a parish nearby has a weekday evening Mass. And wouldn't you know it, the homily was about the ruling, but we were told our mission, our faith, our allegiance is to God and His Church. The message was have hope, trust and faith. I do.
RAINBOW OF HATE: CATHOLIC PRIEST REPORTS BEING SPIT ON AT GAY MARRIAGE PARADE http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...reports-being-spit-on-at-gay-marriage-parade/
Fr Morris tweets, 'The two men who spat on me are probably very good man caught up in excitement and past resentment. Most in that parade would not do that.' While I applaud Fr Morris 's spirit of forgiveness, an example. I think we have to get real. These were not, 'Good men'. Well wishing does not change reality. We have to get real. Christianity is not about being , 'Nice', it is about being loving and truthful. Of getting real.