US Presidential election 2016

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by Infant Jesus of Prague, Dec 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marygar

Marygar Angels

And if you start with Trump's mom let me inform you...gee...I don't know if I need to go slow so you can keep up.....Trumps mom was a citizen with his father 4 years before his birth in NEW YORK CITY. Capiche?

2. MarysChild

MarysChild Principalities

OK - can you point me to the case where this was decided? Because it appears to me that most legal scholars believe that any child of at least one US Citizen is considered a "Natural Born Citizen" regardless of where they were born.

3. Marygar

Marygar Angels

Well just read what Dawn posted.

4. Marygar

Marygar Angels

BOTH PARENTS. It's clear and our founders did this purposely. I mean it makes a lot of sense. Where did Obama's dad end up living? And where are Obama's loyalties?

5. Marygar

Marygar Angels

Gee whiz, I mean really???

6. Marygar

Marygar Angels

After everything we've gone thru with Obama, you people are going to repeat it? How can you not understand the meaning of stupid?

7. MarysChild

MarysChild Principalities

It doesn't really matter about Cruz. If Trump is the nominee, Hillary will be the President. I don't want Hillary to be President. In the last 8 national polls taken of Hillary vs. Trump, Trump loses by over 10 points, and his highest % in any of the polls was 41. Well over 60% of people view him unfavorably in every poll. So that horse is not going to run.

If Cruz is ineligible, then all of those who are delegates for Cruz would have the right to support someone else in his place, just like for Rubio delegates, and they would probably pick someone like Sen. Coborn or Mike Pence, so whether it is Cruz or someone else, the situation is basically the same.

8. Marygar

Marygar Angels

What are you talking about? Of course it matters because Cruz is ineligible to even get delegates. Unfortunately, we have too many stupid people voting for him. Of course he will not beat a Democrat, heck he won't beat Mickey Mouse!

And as for Trump not beating Hillary, please. The problem here is can any Republican, if Hillary doesn't steal all the delegates, beat the communist Sanders? Because with the stupidity of today's citizens most may vote for the communist.

9. Dolours

Dolours Powers

I watched the Kasich interview last night. I can't think of a single reason why anyone would bother getting out of bed to vote for him, even to defeat Clinton.

10. Marygar

Marygar Angels

Totally agree with you Dolours. He is such a dork. But at least he's a natural born citizen. And we may need him as V.P. After all Reagan would have never been allowed to win without establishment Bush on his side. I think Trump may have to pick him.

11. Dolours

Dolours Powers

You're really in deep trouble if having him on the ticket is non-negotiable. The only difference between him and Clinton is that Clinton will push the anti-God agenda for all she's worth and claim credit for it while he will sit back, do nothing and wash his hands of any blame. Sanders would be better than him.

12. Marygar

Marygar Angels

No Sanders is probably a tad worse. At least with a Kasich some will eat. It would be a VP position. Heck, Reagan ignored Bush, Rumsfeld, Cheney and the rest of those criminals. I mean how much damage can a VP do? All Trump has to do is watch his back.

13. Dolours

Dolours Powers

At least Sanders would give the 1% a scare. Kasich means the status quo, acceptable to the establishment in both parties which is demonstrated by the Democrats' media mouthpieces promoting him as Mr. Reasonable Compromise. If Trump doesn't toe the line, they will find a way to get rid of him provided there's an acceptable VP ready to step in. I've heard reports that Trump's gesture to the establishment is to have Kasich as a running mate. What a dirty business! Maybe it would be better to pray and leave the politics to those who put their trust in princes.

Sam and PotatoSack like this.
  14. Marygar

Marygar Angels

Dolours it is a dirty business. But so is working for the sewage systems. Somebody has to do it. A Sanders would completely paralyze business. In order to pay our government, we need business to grow, not stop. Sanders is the ultimate chaos for everyone. We would all have to clean our own sewage then.

15. Dawn2

Dawn2 Archangels

I said to myself today I would not be a part of this insanity any longer, but did you read at least this part of what I posted, among others? Do you understand what it is saying? Do you understand that the article states natural born includes born in the US as well as the following? It is both/and, not either/or. I can't do this anymore. Please someone else who is a better person than I am take over:

Considering the history of the constitutional qualifications provision, the common use and meaning of the phrase "natural-born subject" in England and in the Colonies in the 1700s, the clause's apparent intent, the subsequent action of the first Congress in enacting theNaturalization Act of 1790(expressly defining the term "natural born citizen" to include a person born abroad to parents who are United States citizens), as well as subsequent Supreme Court dicta, it appears that the most logical inferences would indicate that the phrase "natural born Citizen" would mean a person who is entitled toU.S. citizenship "at birth" or "by birth".[73]

16. Marygar

Marygar Angels

Oh be quiet! Enough already. You don't even read what you post. And you are probably not even an American. From The Naturalization Act of 1795, to the Calvin Case, the committee of 11, and numerous legal commentaries from genius scholars like James Kent - it all explains it clearly. A natural born citizen is one who is born in USA soil. PERIOD! And if like John McCain, one is born in USA territory, one MUST have TWO parents as citizens in order to be a natural born citizen. Anyone with one parent citizenship can be a U.S. Citizen, but if you are not born in the USA, you cannot be a natural born citizen. In 2014, Rafael (Ted) Cruz went through the process of naturalization. If he were a natural born citizen, he wouldn't have had to go through this. Now go back to watching T.V.

17. Dawn2

Dawn2 Archangels

there it is again...

When Trump supporters are proven wrong, they simply repeat what was proven wrong and then add insults. They follow their leader.

Please read what YOU Post. Look up the Naturalization Act of 1795. I have a job and this kind of nonsense would have gotten you fired day one. It is very clear who watches too much TV.

Where is your evidence that Ted Cruz went through the naturalization process in 2014?

What are you reading/watching? Do you realize the responsibility you have to choose a president?

Grow up.

18. Dawn2

Dawn2 Archangels

You will not read this and if you do you will either not understand it or claim it says something else or repeat something you have already said that has been shown to be incorrect.

If anyone out there is honestly interested in executing their responsibility to vote for the person best fit to occupy the presidency and is also honestly interested in the "natural born" question related to McCain, this is very simple.

http://www.factcheck.org/2008/02/john-mccains-presidential-eligibility/

19. Marygar

Marygar Angels

Oh my goodness are you seriously ok? John McCain was born on the Panama Canal Zone. Is the Panama Canal Zone a U.S. Territory? Yes. Were Both John McCain's parents U.S. Citizens? Yes. Well does this make him a natural born citizen? Yes

Ted Cruz was born in Canada. Is Canada a U.S. Territory? No. Were both Ted Cruz's parents U.S. Citizens? No. Well does this make him a natural born citizen? No.

Ted Cruz's mother was a U.S. Citizen, does this make him a U.S. Citizen? Yes, but it does not make him a natural born citizen, so he is not eligible to become President.

20. Dawn2

Dawn2 Archangels

And I predicted it just so....

I must no be ok, actually, because I am about to ask you again to defend one of your assertions. Where is your evidence Ted Cruz was naturalized in 2014? If you were sitting on that bombshell, why didn't you use it all along? You might be able to get some money from the National Inquirer for that juicy tidbit...maybe that is why you have refused to answer a question, because Trump supporters never, ever, ever do that...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.