US Bishops Conference Letter

Discussion in 'The Spirit of the USA' started by Julia, Jun 28, 2021.

1. FatimaPilgrim

FatimaPilgrim Powers

Unfortunately that's not the case, everyone is assuming that's what this means, but read the facts right from the bishop's on their web site, they are NOT talking about denying Pelosi, Biden, et al Communion, that's the reason why 3/4s voted for it, the few that pushed for it were backed down by The Vatican letter and the usual suspects in the USCCB:

"Are the bishops going to issue a national policy on withholding Communion from politicians?
    No. There will be no national policy on withholding Communion from politicians. The intent is to present a clear understanding of the Church’s teachings to bring heightened awareness among the faithful of how the Eucharist can transform our lives and bring us closer to our creator and the life he wants for us"

https://www.usccb.org/meaning-eucharist-life-church

Read that and let it sink in...their response to the state of affairs we are in, is that they are going to teach us what the Eucharist is. Good gravy. That's the equivalent of facing a raging wildfire and the fire department in charge of putting it out sends out a tweet explaining to the citizens in it's path that water is useful in combating fires o_O

TinNM likes this.
  2. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Powers

But it's going to be so much more than teaching us what the Eucharist is! (Which apparently even that is badly needed, as 3/4 of Catholics don't believe in the True Presence!) They are going to try to revive excitement and great love for the Eucharist...with not only teaching but gatherings and processions! I have longed for a return to the days of great Eucharistic processions led by our bishops. This is a great sign of hope! Look throughout history and you'll see the effects upon Christendom of revivals of love for the Eucharist. It is the Source and Summit of our Faith. This is not only a great answer to our current problems, it is THE answer.

3. FatimaPilgrim

FatimaPilgrim Powers

So the same sheperds who led 3/4 of their flock to not believe in the True Presence are going to now lead us to THE answer (n)

It's good to see you exhibit that hope springs eternal and it's a great quality to possess, PF, but we also have to deal with reality here. THE answer to turn things now is God and it's going to take His intervention to turn things, and He will, through our Blessed Mother

PurpleFlower likes this.
  4. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Powers

Quite the turn of events, isn't it? ;)

5. FatimaPilgrim

FatimaPilgrim Powers

It certainly will be a grand turn of events when God intervenes and leads us to the Triumph, but this current hierarchy are not leading us to the answer without His
    divine intervention. I'll keep praying for the wayward ones that they turn before it's too late

6. AED

AED Powers

Yes. Bravo New Hampshire.

7. FatimaPilgrim

FatimaPilgrim Powers

Just got this reality check breaking news showing up in my email, so the USCCB tepid response has led Biden's pastor to proceed in this manner:

"Father Kevin Gillespie of the Holy Trinity Catholic Church in Georgetown confirmed today that he will give Communion to President Joe Biden despite his unrepentant, radical abortion advocacy.

Gillespie told America Magazine that Biden attends Holy Trinity sometimes when he is in Washington, D.C., and he is “a man of faith.”

“Everyone is welcome,” the priest said. “He’s a man of faith, and I would give Communion to him like any other Catholic coming up for the Eucharist.”

Earlier this week, Holy Trinity issued a statement saying its priests will not deny the sacrament to Biden or anyone else who professes to be Catholic.

Gillespie said he helped craft the statement in response to the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops’ decision to draft a teaching document on the Eucharist that could rebuke pro-abortion politicians like Biden."

https://www.lifenews.com/2021/07/02...-abortion-advocacy-claims-hes-a-man-of-faith/

8. Ananchal

Ananchal Vigilans

Well I guess if the Bishops think that it is not important for those in political or clerical power to lead others into grave moral sin by abandoning the Bible and our faith - the need for me to go to confession for my small potato mortal sins isn’t required - good to know