time for our Marian consecration! Are you in?

Discussion in 'Consecration to Mary' started by PotatoSack, Mar 8, 2016.

1. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

great news. Sam let me that the consecration itself is available online. so I will post it each day...or Sam will if I am late...or someone I am sure can also do it if I am late. But that's the plan. I will also post Gaitely, thanks to Sam again and her thread with 33 Days to Morning Glory!!

So, no more excuses everyone...you don't even need to buy a book!! Who else out there is our mother calling to join us??

josephite and Heidi like this.
  2. I would Love to join! Could someone please point me in the right direction? Where and how do I start? I've been feeling a call to do Something more. Thank you to anyone who will be patient and understanding.

josephite and PotatoSack like this.
  3. I found all the answers on "consecration resources", I apologize. I need first to look before posting!

PotatoSack likes this.
  4. Heidi

Heidi Powers

Thank you!
    I am using de Montfort, since I already have the book.

josephite and PotatoSack like this.
  5. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

Hey Java...that is kinda how I started out...with a feeling for the need to do something more...marian consecration might just fit the bill!!

I am glad to have you with us...another rookie :) I don't think you will have the time to read True Devotion to Mary before Sunday...or you might if you are a fast reader and you read them online. But if you don't, I suggest reading the Why Marian Consecration thread to better understand the devotion. You might want to consider using Fr. Michael Gaitley's 33 Days to Morning Glory book for the consecration itself, as it might be easier for the first time and not a lot of time to read True Devotion. It is up to you of course and those are only my suggestions.

But welcome aboard...we start on Sunday and I will be posting each days reflections from both Gaitley and Montfort.

6. Indy

Indy Praying

Am I right saying its 4 days to start day!

7. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Well I have done the 33 day consecration before. The last time, about 2 years ago, with my family. Its time we do it again, so count me and my family in on it once again (y)

Florida Panther, PotatoSack and Heidi like this.
  8. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Yup (y)

9. DonnaS

DonnaS Guest

I'm in....going to do Fr Michael Gaitley's....I save Louis DM for summer time when I am off and can really immerse myself in the intensity :)

PotatoSack likes this.
  10. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

yepper...I can't believe it myself. I will start the thread on Saturday night for you guys in Ireland and I even think Josephite is in Australia or NZ or something like that. truly worldwid!

Indy and josephite like this.
  11. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

wow...two more as we get down to the wire...Donna, Fatima and family...great to have you join us. I think this might be our biggest group yet. when you think about it...this might be our last consecration together on the forum, as who knows what the world will be like 1 year from now. It is going downhill so fast. But, I haven't been right on the timing of events yet...only God knows...I am just thankful for this time we have for this consecration together....and I hope for many more.

DonnaS and Florida Panther like this.
  12. maryn

maryn Angels

I rarely post,but i am an avid reader of MOG forum. Count me in (y). I intend to use Fr Michael Gaitley's book

DonnaS, Indy, PotatoSack and 2 others like this.
  13. JAK

JAK Archangels

Me too. I'd love to be with you.

Did it last year as a complete novice. Feel this time I will understand more, with less rush, more focus.

Lots of things happened to distract me last time. Silly little life annoyances that all came at once. In my niaivety I thought the opposite, that it would be plain sailing, with all the knots in my life miraculously undoing and the sun shining throughout. But reaching the end was fantastic and I look forward to that.

DonnaS, PotatoSack, Sam and 2 others like this.
  14. bflocatholic

bflocatholic Powers

We even got some "press" in the Comments section on Charlie Johnston's blog. Thanks Donna! :) Hopefully, that will bring in a few more folks!

DonnaS, PotatoSack, Sam and 2 others like this.
  15. Potato sack, thank you so much. From what I've gathered though, it takes spiritual preparation. I will try my hardest to read that quickly, but still not rush this. If I don't feel prepared by Sunday, maybe I'll just try another date. Someone posted some great dates. Thank you all.

josephite likes this.
  16. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

welcome maryn and JAK! I don't even know how many we have now but it is a lot!! wow, I am surprised but I guess I shouldn't be as our mother is calling so many to this way of life and time is getting so short. I am glad so many are responding to her call.

Yes JAK, when I did this the first time, many small fires flared up throughout the whole process. they were all areas of my life that needed addressing that I had been putting off because they are difficult. but once we put out the little fire, we are getting on that direct path to Jesus where before it was keeping us from Him and His plan for us. at least that was the case with me.

JAK likes this.
  17. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

can you send me the link from charlie's blog where this is? I'd love to read it!

18. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

I do think if you read the thread on why marian consecration (mainly from True Devotion), and then use Gaitely's book, you would be fine. Gaitely explains it all very well throughout the 33 days through the writings of de Montford, St. Kolbe, Blessed Mother Theresa and St Pope John Paul the great. Then if you read True Devotion after, it will all make sense to you. but that is just a suggestion and do what you are comfortable with. If you use Gaitely's book, it is easier to plunge in. I am very glad I used Gaitely's book the first time. I was not ready for de Montfort's version.

19. Sam

Sam Powers

bflocatholic likes this.
  20. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

bflocatholic and maryn like this.