The Upcoming Synod

Discussion in 'Positive Critique' started by Fatima, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Blue Horizon

Blue Horizon Guest

ok ... (n).

2. Blue Horizon

Blue Horizon Guest

Its not that hard.
    Picked up a 2nd hand Kenwood Ts430s Transceiver (runs on 12v at 100watts transmit pwr) for around US$120,
    the related Kenwood Antenna Tuner (to match up the aerial) US$70
    a 12v car battery,
    a 120watt (24v) solar panel (US$100),
    a MPPT solar controller/charger (China via EBay US$12) to match the battery.

The hardest part is prob selecting/putting up the aerial.
    Also, you need to pass the multi-choice written licence exam (just memorise the 600 geeky questions and get 40/60 correct). Though in a world crisis who would be worried about certification :rolleyes:.

Maybe we can call each other one day!

QOP likes this.
  3. garabandal

garabandal Powers

At Medjugorje our Lady does not send messages every day. She does appear to 3 seers everyday (wherever they are) and gives a message on the 25th and also a message on the 2nd of the month for unbelievers.

I think we could all agree that we live in the darkest of hours and a time of unparalleled crisis for humanity.

Therefore, heaven understands that we need grace and the help of heaven to survive in these apocalyptic. That is why our Lady has been appearing for 33 years calling the world back to her Son. It makes sense that unprecedented times calls for unprecedented intervention from heaven, the Lady Clothed With the Sun and the Moon at her feet.

I am not going to get into a debate about the authenticity of Medjugorje on this forum but await the revealing of the secrets with anticipation.

QOP likes this.
  4. MMM

MMM Guest

No one knows what or when the Church will rule on Medjugorie but the fruit does seem abundant. Personally the messages that speak to me the most and ring true always make me turn inward instead of outward. Messages that feel like our Mother (or Jesus) is talking with me personally. I admit not to have followed Medjugorie in any great detail but have read quite a bit. For me, they just don't speak to me, too general and too repeatative almost like they are aimed at people new to the faith or others requiring messages of this type, dare I humbly say, slower, please take no offence. I keep asking where's the meat? Now I may or may not read the latest messages but when I do I feel the same. This doesn't mean I believe they are false. I just don't get it.

LTTW seem to be an example of exactly what the Pope speaks of NOT being authentic. I find them too wordy and too frequent. I have a hard time thinking our Mother would be so long winded and often very confusing. I still say where's the meat in all this? At least the frequent Amazon messages seem to have more meat in them and talk about saving souls in a prepare but I love you way. Again I could be wrong too.

Topic really got away from the Synod starting point. Most conversations do though too.

I think just as the world is expecting some groud breaking change the Pope will confirm the church's stand is the same. This will be the final stand against evil and the fireworks will commence and the stars will begin to fall so to speak.

5. padraig

padraig Powers

6. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Mac likes this.
  7. garabandal

garabandal Powers

No one will be satisfied with the conclusions of the synod. The Church cannot change its teaching on the indissolubility of marriage, yet has a duty to care for her flock wounded by sin.

The whole process feels like trying to put a plaster on a gaping wound. The problems in society are so profound - divorce, cohabitation etc are only symptoms of a much, much deeper malaise of a world that has turned its back on God.

We need John the Baptists to call the world back to God but no one is really listening nor most do not care. The world is on the road to perdition and only Divine intervention can prevent humanity from destroying itself.

8. davidtlig

davidtlig Guest

9. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

I thought arguing was to be avoided . Arent you all for unity David? or only when it suits? I suppose if Fatima had quoted from Vassula you wouldn't bat an eyelid?

10. jerry

jerry Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2014
    Mac likes this.
  11. davidtlig

davidtlig Guest

Hmm, my comment about the Rorate website seems to have touched a 'raw nerve'.....

I actually find it interesting to view the Rorate site but it can hardly be viewed as impartial. I think this topic (the Synod) needs neutral reporting if it is to avoid inflaming mixed emotions.

12. Fatima

Fatima Powers

We are all aware of the upcoming synod of Bishops with our Holy Father in early October. I think there may be more to pray about than just the synod as this article suggests, Report: Pope Francis Is ‘In The Crosshairs Of ISIS’ http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/08/29/report-pope-francis-is-in-the-crosshairs-of-isis/

Could it be that this very event is what Blessed Elena foresaw and wrote about in the destruction of the Vatican? http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/08/29/report-pope-francis-is-in-the-crosshairs-of-isis/

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  13. FatimaPilgrim

FatimaPilgrim Powers

I am also watching this closely and dedicated a decade this morning to our Pope, bishops and priests.

For 20 years i have followed the prophecies of our Pope being kidnapped and martryed by Muslims overrunning Rome.

I awoke this morning to this story and its almost surreal, but sadly real, to watch the drumbeat continue on the road to the prophecies coming to fruition:

"Jeddah (Saudi Arabia) (AFP) - King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia has warned that the West will be the next target of the jihadists sweeping through Syria and Iraq, unless there is "rapid" action.

"If we ignore them, I am sure they will reach Europe in a month and America in another month," he said in remarks quoted on Saturday by Asharq al-Awsat daily and Saudi-backed Al-Arabiya television station."

14. Fatima

Fatima Powers

253 to take part in Synod of Bishops on the family
    24200Google +1Delicious0
    Catholic World News - September 09, 2014
    Free eBook: Liturgical Year 2013-2014, Vol. 2
    The Holy See Press Office has announced the names of the 253 participants in the upcoming 3rd Extraordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops, which is devoted to the pastoral challenges to the family in the context of evangelization.
    The names of the synod’s chief officers were announced earlier this year.
    191 of the participants will be synod fathers. The 162 ex-officio fathers include, among others, the presidents of the episcopal conferences, heads of curial offices, and heads of Eastern Catholic churches. Three synod fathers are chosen by superiors general of religious orders, and 26 have been nominated by Pope Francis.
    Among the Pope’s nominees are 14 cardinals, including Cardinal Walter Kasper, who has favored changes in Church discipline on the reception of Holy Communion by those who have remarried outside the Church, and Cardinal Carlo Caffarra, a critic of Cardinal Kasper’s proposal.
    16 experts, 38 auditors, and eight fraternal delegates from other churches and ecclesial communities will also attend the synod. Americans who will take part include Cardinal Raymond Burke, Cardinal Donald Wuerl, Cardinal Timothy Dolan, Archbishop Joseph Kurtz, Archbishop William Skurla, Steve and Claudia Schultz of International Catholic Engaged Encounter, and Jeffrey and Alice Heinzen, who are involved in promoting natural family planning at the local and national level.
    Cardinal Lorenzo Baldisseri, the secretary-general of the Synod of Bishops, told reporters that the renewal of the Synod-- which Pope Francis has made a high priority-- will come about organically, through the process of the meetings. "As we go ahead," he said, "the steps necessary for changing the rules or eventually setting about a full reconstruction of the Synod as an entity will become evident."

15. Glenn

Glenn Guest

Fourteen married couples will take part in the Synod of the Family

2014-09-09

A total of 14 married couples will participate in the Vatican's Synod on the Family in the month of October. The theme focuses on how to evangelize to the family, amid all the modern day challenges it faces. One of the couples is from Iraq. They will share what it's like to be a Christian in a Muslim country.

From Chile, Luis Jensen and Pilar Acuña will also be attending. They actually worked with then Cardinal Bergoglio back in 2007 during the Aparecida Synod where Latin American Bishops discussed social issues, like the family.

From the U.S, Jeffrey and Alice Heinzen will be speaking about natural family planning and fertility.

The list also includes couples from Lebanon, Congo, Rwanda, the Philippines, France, Germany and Brazil. The couples will share their personal experiences on married life with roughly 200 participants, which will include presidents of episcopal conferences, discasteries and heads of religious orders.

Out of the 14 couples, 13 of them will audit the conference. The other couple falls under the expert category.

In addition, Pope Francis has invited 12 women to participate in the conference. Among them is María Lacalle Noriega from Spain, who serves as the director of the Center for Family Studies in the Francisco de Vitoria University.

The Synod will take place from October 5th to the 19th.

http://www.romereports.com/pg158266...will-take-part-in-the-synod-of-the-family--en

16. Torrentum

Torrentum Guest

Who do the ACP think they are? The neck of these rebels and the language used on their site in their recent "Statement on the Synod" is staggering.
    When taking about the 'blunder' of the recent missal update:
    "No other official document can be allowed to emerge from Rome or from a Synod, which is foreign to what we know to be appropriate in our Church and suitable for the people of our Church."
    Emphasis mine.
    Their full statement is here:
    http://www.associationofcatholicpri...on-the-synod-association-of-catholic-priests/

picadillo likes this.
  17. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Did you not know ACP stands for Association of Catholic Protestants?;)

picadillo likes this.
  18. Torrentum

Torrentum Guest

LOL.. That describes them much better than the mission statement on their website!

picadillo likes this.
  19. Sanctus

Sanctus Guest

Can anyone tell me what are the ACP's main beliefs as an organisation?

20. lynnfiat

lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua