The State of the Faith in Ireland Today: How do you see it?

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by Roger Buck, Jan 26, 2014.

1. AidanK

AidanK A great sinner

I too went to a CBS. To this day I remember one older retired brother who spent more time around the school than when he was teaching. Every May and October he erected a most beautiful Marian altar bedecked in flowers. He would babysit us any time a teacher was absent and every afternoon we would recite The Angelus, the only teacher ever to do so. Best of all for us kids, he would regale us with stories of his IRA days in Dublin. On one occasion when being pursued by Black and Tans, he ran into a group of boys playing football. He shouted " give me the ball" and the Tans ran past without seeing him

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    Booklady, Dolours, Xavier and 3 others like this.
  2. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Eaten bread is soon forgotten. Same with the hospitals.

DeGaulle likes this.
  3. Booklady

Booklady Powers

Hello from Florida, Sanctus, I just ran into this thread and saw your post. I most assuredly agree with your perception of these times that we are both spiritually and morally destroyed. There is no sense of shame for sinfulness; we have lost the sense of sin. And heaven help you if you express this in public, you'll be excoriated for sure.

I believe that this is a spiritual warfare, oppressing us to wear us out.

Te Deum, Don_D, sparrow and 3 others like this.
  4. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

It's displayed clearly by the COVID hysteria. This enormous fear is ultimately atheistic, in that the best many can now hope for is to miserably and hopelessly cling on to this limited existence for as long as possible. One believing that this is only a brief staging post towards eternal life would not succumb to such pusillanimity.

No sin, implies no judgement. No judgement implies no meaning for being here. No meaning for being here means no God. No God means a brief contemporary spark of 'life', followed by oblivion.

In fairness, one can see a certain stoic logic in the behaviour of those who commit suicide in the face of such despair.

Unsurprising so many people are going crazily berserk.

Te Deum, Don_D, sparrow and 2 others like this.
  5. grimisocks

grimisocks Principalities

The above post encapsulates everything about society today . You'd be forgiven to think the church scandals were used as an excuse and engineered to cause a rift :cautious:. Thereby enabling people to think that religious authority or Gods moral law does not count anymore. We are defo gone down the rabbit hole in terms of letting people frame their own moral terms of reference.

sparrow, AED and DeGaulle like this.
  6. Krizevac

Krizevac Archangels

There is such stagnation.

A sense of being stuck, waiting ...

The outcome of the US election not decided
    People waiting on the vaccine which they think is the answer to everything
    Wondering when the NWO make their next move
    People even believing that the turn of the calendar from 2020 to 2021 will make a difference! 'Can't wait for this year to be over'
    I even feel my own spiritual stagnation. Lord help me.

Te Deum, Adoremus, Sam and 3 others like this.
  7. Sanctus

Sanctus "Pray, pray ,pray!"

I agree Booklady. This year has been a most spiritually testing time . All to make us stronger though, hopefully.

Te Deum, sparrow and AED like this.
  8. AED

AED Powers

I agree with everyone posting on Sanctus's comments. This hysteria comes from a purely materialist world view. Belief in God and in necessary repentance and the saving power of Jesus take away the panic and militant demands for all the pandemic talismans--masks etc. Nobody wants this virus but a believer in God knows He is in charge and we are His children and heaven awaits. That brings peace. However lately that peace is being constantly shredded. Kriezevac describes it well. I keep repeating the psalm "Only in God will my soul be at rest..."

Te Deum, Don_D, Sam and 1 other person like this.
  9. padraig

padraig New Member

One thing I recall from my childhood and that was mass on Sunday Morning. There was no Saturday evening mass (a horrible idea imported from France) and so Sunday Masses were all she wrote.

I recall the city streets being full with a moving throng of people headed towards the Church. They used to have to open upstairs to take the crowd with many, many people standing.

The crowds even for Benediction and the Confraternities.

No one considered these things exceptional, it was the ordinary run of things.

I asked my mother one time why there was so little crime in her day. She said it was as a result of two things. The people were poor and so had no locks on their doors because there was nothing worth stealing.

But the main reason she said was shame. People were so ashamed if someone was caught stealing. It shamed the whole family. People talked.

Of course there were no drugs back then either.

It goes without saying that people were a lot happier, suicide was never talked about. People were very much simpler and more uncomplicated. It is the devil who does complicated.

People never talked so much about, 'I think', 'I feel'. That is all you hear from people these days,

' I think',

'I feel'.

Me, me, me, me, me ,me , me, me,me, me and more me.

If you, 'feel' or, 'think ', something abominable something is right, well then it must be right. We have become our very own Gods.

It makes me want to throw up.:):)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
    Te Deum, Don_D, sparrow and 2 others like this.
  10. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

These drugs being rolled out don't seem to fit the definition of 'vaccine', at least according to my veterinary training. A vaccine is an attenuated form of an antigen, intended to stimulate the immune status of the recipient. The drug now being used in the UK apparently inserts genetic material into the cells of the recipient, in order for the cell to use this material to develop the required immunity; in other words, it is a genetic manipulation tool. Despite scientism's omniscientistic claim of having uncovered the secrets of the 'human genome', the equivalent of believing that the mere discovery of an alphabet grants one the knowledge of all the information describable by it, the people who practice it can have no idea of any unintended effects of the alien information being pumped into human cell tissue.

Krizevac, Don_D, Te Deum and 3 others like this.
  11. AED

AED Powers

TRUTH.

sparrow likes this.
  12. AED

AED Powers

It sounds diabolic quite honestly.

sparrow likes this.
  13. padraig

padraig New Member

14. sparrow

sparrow Exitus ~ Reditus

Well at least a few good Bishops are standing up and speaking out. Not nearly enough though. I think what it says in the video, that Catholics are more concerned about stopping the virus than what's in the vaccine is likely the general consensus.. BECAUSE THEY'VE NOT BEEN TAUGHT! :(

15. AED

AED Powers

"My people perish for lack of knowledge"
    That is somewhere in the scriptures but I don't know chapter and verse. Also "there will be a famine not for food but for the Word of God." That is where we are at.

sparrow, DeGaulle and Sam like this.
  16. sparrow

sparrow Exitus ~ Reditus

I suppose then that all mentions of 'The Great Famine' could mean famine from the Word of God...

AED and Don_D like this.
  17. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

Cheers to the bishops who are making their voices heard. Downright scary though the responses of some of those supposed catholic laity regarding cure at all costs above anything religious?!?

AED, sparrow and Te Deum like this.
  18. Te Deum

Te Deum Angels

This is what worries me the most. Genetically modified humans that can affect the DNA of generations not to mention the definite possibility of serious illness or death if we come across the virus in the wild! Can't believe people are lining up for this. Scary ...

AED, sparrow and DeGaulle like this.
  19. Te Deum

Te Deum Angels

Here is something better to wait for .... has become my favourite, and is so very reassuring these times :)
    Psalm 130

1 Out of the depths I cry to you, O LORD!
    2 O Lord, hear my voice! Let your ears be attentive to the voice of my pleas for mercy!
    3 If you, O LORD, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand?
    4 But with you there is forgiveness, that you may be feared.
    5 I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I hope;
    6 my soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning, more than watchmen for the morning.
    7 O Israel, hope in the LORD! For with the LORD there is steadfast love, and with him is plentiful redemption.
    8 And he will redeem Israel from all his iniquities.

Sam, Krizevac, sparrow and 2 others like this.
  20. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

Or the Eucharist. Also, drought and the drying up of rivers hold more than simply one meaning. Jesus tells us He is the source of the living water.
    Years ago I read an interview with someone who made some pretty bold claims about being part of a house of the rulers of this world. This was someone who spoke almost purely in an occult demonic manner. In the process of this he repeatedly scoffed and said enjoy dying of thirst and that the world would be engulfed in a global drought. He must have said this at least ten times. I am certain he was not talking about literal earthly waters but the living water that brings salvation and peace. He was downright evil.

AED, Te Deum, sparrow and 1 other person like this.