The State of the Faith in Ireland Today: How do you see it?

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by Roger Buck, Jan 26, 2014.

  1. garabandal

    garabandal Powers


    Canada swiftly heading towards liberal totalitarianism.


    “With the passage of Bill 89, we’ve entered an era of totalitarian power by the state, such as never witnessed before in Canada’s history,”
    says Jack Fonseca, senior political strategist for Campaign Life Coalition.

    https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/b...tarian-bill-allowing-govt-to-take-kids-from-c
     
  2. Sanctus

    Sanctus "Jesus I trust in you!"

    DeGaulle likes this.
  3. AED

    AED Powers

    Byron, DeGaulle and Sanctus like this.
  4. DeGaulle

    DeGaulle Powers

    Sister Stan seems to be a virtue-signalling publicity hound.

    As for Jesuits...

    By way of consolation, have a look at Father Z's blog for an article just in the last day or two about some very orthodox Jesuit students approaching their ordination.

    I don't take the Irish Catholic. There doesn't seem to be much reason to do so, if that rubbish is anything to go by. Just about every institution in Ireland has rolled over for the liberal agenda.
     
    AED, maryrose and Sanctus like this.
  5. Roger Buck

    Roger Buck Principalities

    Agreed about the Irish Catholic. As a very devout priest recently said to me, it seems neither very Irish nor Catholic : - ( ... Personally, I would recommend The Catholic Voice instead, which also deserves support.
     
    AED, Jonah, Adoremus and 2 others like this.
  6. Fatima

    Fatima Powers

    I am surprised that Mark Mallett has been mostly quite about this in his blogs. I imagine he is a bit worried about it too, as his views surely do not coincide with what is going on in his home country.
     
  7. Muzhik

    Muzhik Powers

    All you Irish people, out of curiosity, are you expecting a huge pagan outbreak at Lughnasadh this year (Aug. 7-8)? You know -- bonfires, drunkenness, sex in the street? IIRC, St. Patrick and his friends were at a Lughnasadh celebration when they were kidnapped by pirates, who knew there would be a lot of young, healthy men there "checking out the ladies."
     
  8. Adoremus

    Adoremus Powers

    Sounds like a regular Saturday night in most cities, towns and villages in Ireland!
     
    DeGaulle likes this.
  9. Dolours

    Dolours Guest

    The modern spelling is Lunasa. Lunasa (pronounced loon-ah-sa) being the month of August in the Irish language, that's all it would mean to most Irish people. Despite the play and the movie starring Meryl Streep, celebrating the old pagan Celtic festival of Lunasa had long since died out. Our young people are well along the road of aping their "betters" in the rest of the Western world. There are pockets of new age types who are into reviving the pre-Christian paganism but Hollywood and British/European atheist culture have the strongest influence.
     
    Sanctus and DeGaulle like this.
  10. Sanctus

    Sanctus "Jesus I trust in you!"

    Did anyone see Father Pat Collins exorcist on the Late Late Show last week? I heard it was very interesting.
     
    AED and indaiatubano like this.
  11. DeGaulle

    DeGaulle Powers

    No, I ignore television except for sport. I would be wary of any mixture of RTE and Catholicism, perhaps most particularly with the subject of exorcism, which would be regarded by those in RTE merely with a morbid curiosity.
     
    AED likes this.
  12. Sanctus

    Sanctus "Jesus I trust in you!"

    Alive Magazine is also good.
     
    AED and DeGaulle like this.
  13. Sanctus

    Sanctus "Jesus I trust in you!"

    Fair point, De Gaulle. Apparently there is alot of masonry in Rte also.
     
    AED likes this.
  14. DeGaulle

    DeGaulle Powers

    It's a liberal bastion. A den of group-think, and the prospect of masonry being involved would be unsurprising.
     
    AED likes this.
  15. AED

    AED Powers

    Would it be on you tube?
     
  16. Sanctus

    Sanctus "Jesus I trust in you!"

    I'm not sure AED. Hopefully someone might put it up! I'll keep an eye out.
     
  17. Sanctus

    Sanctus "Jesus I trust in you!"

    I could only find a very short clip of it AED. However there are many good talks from this priest on YouTube .
     
    AED and DeGaulle like this.
  18. DeGaulle

    DeGaulle Powers

    Fair play to him for inveigling himself onto the Late Late. Tubridy, in fairness, might not be the worst of them.
     
  19. AED

    AED Powers

    Thankyou Sanctus. I will look.
     
    Sanctus likes this.
  20. Sanctus

    Sanctus "Jesus I trust in you!"

    He is a very good priest, AED, and well worth listening to.
     

Share This Page