The Hours of the Passion to Cover Every Hour of the New Year (and New Decade) in Christ's Blood:

Discussion in 'Marian Apparitions' started by Xavier, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Xavier

Xavier "In the end, My Immaculate Heart will Triumph."

Let's review 5 basic proofs from the Church that the Hours are safe and profitable: (1) From His Holiness Pope St. Pius X to St. Annibale: "Not this way, Father, but kneeling one must read. It is Jesus Christ that is speaking." Amen, Your Holiness! If only modern Christians knew how much to value the gifts of Jesus Christ, given to us out of the abundance of Divine Mercy, that we might become Saints! It is as if Someone offered you a gift of 1 trillion dollars absolutely free, but you responded by spitting in His Face; as that is what you do to Jesus Christ when you despise His Gift; which Pope St. Pius X encourages us to read kneeling down, piously and reverently. (2) From Cardinal Ratzinger at the CDF, who later became His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI: "All of the Writings of Luisa must be approved”. This is very clear, and "all of the writings" obviously includes the Hours of the Passion. And so, we have the Pope, the CDF, and a Cardinal who became Pope - all among the highest authorities in the Church - tell us that the Hours of the Passion are safe and profitable to read. Next, (3) from St. Annibale, who positively recommends it pretty much to all the Faithful daily, and especially to Priests, Monks and Religious; as is indubitable and incontrovertible from the above. "If only there were one soul in each Community, who would apply herself to practicing it with more attention during the day, at times even in the midst of daily occupations, and also in the evening, and at nighttime with a little bit of vigil…! But it would be the Summit of the Divine, and the Maximum Profit for that Community and for the Whole World, if this Exercise were practiced by All, in turns Day and Night!"

See how the Saints think, and how their ways are different from our own? By these Hours, we can save souls. By these Hours, we can win graces for the Church. By these Hours, we can deliver the Earth from terrible chastisements. By these Hours, we can relieve the Souls in Purgatory. By these Hours, we can assist so many suffering souls.

Next, (4) from the Imprimatur given in Servant of God Luisa's time: "Finally, Father Annibale, as Censor of the writings, obtained the Imprimatur from His Excellency the Archbishop of Trani for the volumes written by Luisa (at that time there were already nineteen)." Then, (5) from Servant of God Luisa Picarreta's Cause for Beatification being opened, and all that the Archbishop of Trani said at that time: "We only wish to place ourselves in his hands and say that we want to fulfill his Will because, if we do not dedicate ourselves, we are also going against the thoughts and will of our own Luisa, who had only one, single desire: to fulfill the Will of God. The FIAT that she continually repeated was an immense desire to do only the Will of God, and she presented her FIAT by sacrificing herself.

For many years, almost her entire life, she was bed-ridden, many times in great pain and overwhelmed with much of the Passion of our God, Jesus Christ. As a young child, even before her illness, she saw our Christ asking her for assistance in suffering the Passion, to carry the Cross; and she was willing. From that moment, the rest of her long life was a continuous sacrifice." https://luisapiccarreta.com/biographical-notes/letters-from-trani-archdiocese/ Needless to say, such a life is already a virtual proof of sanctity; and so it is very likely Servant of God Luisa Piccaretta is Saint Luisa Piccaretta and will be canonized one day for her holy and blameless life, as the Bishop testifies. The Church has shown in many ways Her approval of Divine Will spirituality and especially meditating on the Passion and offering one's life in sacrifice.

Two Final Considerations - on the sanctity produced by uniformity with the Divine Will and meditation on the Passion according to the Doctors and Saints:

I. St. Alphonsus Liguori on Uniformity with the Divine Will: "Those who give themselves to prayer," says St. Teresa, "should concentrate solely on this: the conformity of their wills with the divine will. They should be convinced that this constitutes their highest perfection. The more fully they practice this, the greater the gifts they will receive from God, and the greater the progress they will make in the interior life." A certain Dominican nun was vouchsafed a vision of heaven one day. She recognized there some persons she had known during their mortal life on earth. It was told her these souls were raised to the sublime heights of the seraphs on account of the uniformity of their wills with that of God's during their lifetime here on earth. Blessed Henry Suso, mentioned above, said of himself: "I would rather be the vilest worm on earth by God's will, than be a seraph by my own.'' During our sojourn in this world, we should learn from the saints now in heaven, how to love God. The pure and perfect love of God they enjoy there, consists in uniting themselves perfectly to his will. It would be the greatest delight of the seraphs to pile up sand on the seashore or to pull weeds in a garden for all eternity, if they found out such was God's will. Our Lord himself teaches us to ask to do the will of God on earth as the saints do it in heaven: "Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven." Because David fulfilled all his wishes, God called him a man after his own heart: "I have found David . . . a man according to my own heart, who shall do all my wills." David was always ready to embrace the divine will, as he frequently protested: "My heart is ready, O God, my heart is ready." He asked God for one thing alone -- to teach him to do his will: "Teach me to do thy will." A single act of uniformity with the divine will suffices to make a saint ... Absolutely true -- because he who gives his will to God, gives him everything. He who gives his goods in alms, his blood in scourgings, his food in fasting, gives God what he has. But he who gives God his will, gives himself, gives everything he is. Such a one can say: "Though I am poor, Lord, I give thee all I possess; but when I say I give thee my will, I have nothing left to give thee." This is just what God does require of us: "My son, give me thy heart." St. Augustine's comment is: "There is nothing more pleasing we can offer God than to say to him: 'Possess thyself of us'.'' We cannot offer God anything more pleasing than to say: Take us, Lord, we give thee our entire will. Only let us know thy will and we will carry it out. If we would completely rejoice the heart of God, let us strive in all things to conform ourselves to his divine will. Let us not only strive to conform ourselves, but also to unite ourselves to whatever dispositions God makes of us. Conformity signifies that we join our wills to the will of God. Uniformity means more -- it means that we make one will of God's will and ours, so that we will only what God wills; that God's will alone, is our will. This is the summit of perfection and to it we should always aspire; this should be the goal of all our works, desires, meditations and prayers. To this end we should always invoke the aid of our holy patrons, our guardian angels, and above all, of our mother Mary, the most perfect of all the saints because she most perfectly embraced the divine will. https://www.ewtn.com/catholicism/library/uniformity-with-gods-will-12644

Such wholehearted moment-to-moment surrender to the Divine Will is simply too holy to supposedly be from evil, as some of our opponents wish to pretend. If Satan is going around teaching this, then he's the greatest fool there ever was. And he is not. On the contrary, it is teaching totally in accord with the best Doctors of the Church.

II. St. Louis Marie Montfort, St. Albert the Great, St. Augustine etc on a Moment's worth of Meditation on the Passion: Blessed Albert the Great learned in a revelation that by simply thinking of, or meditating on, the passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ, a Christian gains more merit than if he had fasted on bread and water every Friday for a whole year, or had beaten himself with his discipline once a week until the blood flowed, or had recited the whole Book of Psalms every day. (WOW!) From: https://www.michaeljournal.org/articles/roman-catholic-church/item/the-secret-of-the-rosary

If this is so, think what a priceless treasury of merits you can store for yourself in Heaven, and for all those who say the Hours with you, (just like Our Lord said, Store up Treasures in Heaven, not on Earth; which Tradition understands to mean Treasury of Merits) by Meditating not one fleeting moment, but covering every Hour of every Day for one whole year, or even one whole decade. I will not insist because this is so great a gift that it must be freely received to be fully meritorious. But those who know the value of the Gift kneel down and bless the God of Heaven Who came down to give it to us, and kiss the pierced Hand with which He handed it over to us.

Again, Satan is the greatest fool in the world - nay more, Satan would be like a very loving person in the world - if he is going around doing such favors to everyone.

All that the Saints have taught us shows us most plainly and so clearly that something so holy as Uniformity with Divine Will and constant, ceaseless, 24 Hours of Meditation on the Passion can but come only from God, Who is Supreme Goodness, Who Loves us so much, Who wants us to become Saints, and store up a Treasury Merits in Heaven.

God Bless.

2. Xavier

Xavier "In the end, My Immaculate Heart will Triumph."

Hours of the Passion as a Video - The Holy Hour of 9 P.M - Gethsemane Begins:

"A continual Meditation on My Passion is indeed the thing that pleases Me Most"

3. Patty

Patty Principalities

I do too for several years now. They always break my heart. Jesus suffered so much for all of us.

Xavier likes this.