The Great Monarch and the Holy Pope

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by Carol55, Jun 24, 2017.

?

Do you believe in the prophecy of the Great Monarch and the Holy Pope?

1. Yes

69.7%
  2. No

3.0%
  3. Uncertain

27.3%
  1. ComeSoon!

ComeSoon! Guest

Apparently the French monarchy is one to watch...after the Permanent Sign is left I suspect.

Don_D likes this.
  2. AidanK

AidanK A great sinner

Couldn't the great monarch and holy Pope be the same person?

3. Carol55

Carol55 Ave Maria

AidanK,

I wondered this also but I have read many prophecies about these two figures and several appear to clearly state that they are two separate individuals.

Although, I recently have wondered if the Great Monarch could be Christ himself not returning in his glorified body at this time but since many prophecies speak of a renewal of Faith during the time of the Holy Pope, Christ will return in a spiritual sense at this time and possibly effect many leaders in a positive way. It's just an idea.

The following books contain many prophecies about the Great Monarch and the Holy Pope (Angelic Pastor or New Pope):
    http://ia802602.us.archive.org/6/items/CatholicProphecy/CatholicProphecy.pdf
    http://ia800200.us.archive.org/2/items/TheProphetsAndOurTimes/TheProphetsAndOurTimes.pdf

4. ComeSoon!

ComeSoon! Guest

Thank you for those links Carol. I just read pages 49-51 of Prophets and Our Times. One thing that stands out greatly is the current Monarch in France. He is of course of the Bourbon line.

5. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

It seems to me that there will have to be something different about a kingship for it to stand the test against the evils of these days and rise up in the hearts of people while holding in the Kings heart the Love of Christ. After all many kings erected false idols and temples in the days of the time before Christ. God even asked the Jews through the prophets why they would insist on kings who they would later complain about. I wonder what would be different this time about a new/old monarchy arising in the heart of Europe?

6. Carol55

Carol55 Ave Maria

Don,

The fear of God will be renewed.

Our Lord will be respected one again as he should be by the vast majority of people in the world. This is the only way that I can envision this occurring.

I think the fear of the end will be the vehicle for this to occur, most people fear death more than they fear God and I'm sad to say myself included at times.

sterph and Don_D like this.
  7. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

Quite honestly, I can only see this occurring in our day with a chastisement which would be unmistakable to even the most base and hedonistic people. It would have to be absolutely terrible and horrible for this to happen because that is what we are dealing with in so many people these days. May God have mercy on us all.

sterph and Dolours like this.
  8. AidanK

AidanK A great sinner

The Act of Succession in the UK has been repealed meaning it's now possible for a Catholic to be crowned. What if ....?

Don_D and Carol55 like this.
  9. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

Well now that is an interesting turn of events. Thanks for the heads up, I had no idea.

10. Muzhik

Muzhik Powers

Are you sure? I've been searching the news reports and I'm finding nothing about this. At the very least, the Beeb (BBC) should be mentioning it, but nothing.

11. Dolours

Dolours Powers

I think that Aidan could be confused about the changes introduced in 2011 which proposed lifting the ban on a reigning or future monarch marrying a Catholic. Here's how then-Prime Minister Cameron explained it:
    "On scrapping the ban on future monarchs marrying Roman Catholics, Mr Cameron said: "Let me be clear, the monarch must be in communion with the Church of England because he or she is the head of that Church. But it is simply wrong they should be denied the chance to marry a Catholic if they wish to do so. After all, they are already quite free to marry someone of any other faith." http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-15492607

12. AidanK

AidanK A great sinner

Perhaps this is indeed what I'm thinking ok. However it does pose the possibility that a future monarch might be Catholic at heart due to a parents influence

13. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Nobody knows what the future holds. Note that Cameron said "in Communion with the Church of England". I have heard some pundits say that "Defender of the Faith" should be changed to "Defender of Faiths" to take account of the decline of Anglicanism and the rise of other religions in the UK. Ironic, really, when you consider that it was the Pope who conferred the Defender of the Faith honour on Henry V111.