The Future of the United States of America.

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by padraig, May 5, 2010.

1. padraig

padraig New Member

I did a big long post on this last night and woke up this morning and its all gone.... :roll:

I'm laughing, its funny really, if this were some other forum I would be FURIOUS thinking I was censored ..but I didn't censor myself... :lol: :lol:

2. MomsCalling

MomsCalling Principalities

So were you not meant to post whatever it was that you posted? Do you think?

3. padraig

padraig New Member

I waill post it again later having prayed over it, Mc.

One of the things I think is that the secrets of Maedugorje are really sealed up solid. This is how in the Book of Revelation with the angels with the scroll in fact its quite possible that the scrolls in Medugorje and in the Good Book are just one in the same.; if so this is really, really important. One could not emphasise this too much.

Also another thing, I have been thinking; what would make Americans just so furious that they would want to kill each other and end the Union? I think, in fact a clue to this is occuring there at the minute:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/07/16/students-alumni-rally-u-illinois-professor-fired-expressing-catholic-beliefs/?test=latestnews

My guess is that it will be the abrogation of Religious Rights guarantted by the US COnstitution for 'protecting. Liberally perceived, 'Rights'.

Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

[​IMG]

I think nothing would make American more furious than if this constitutional protection is removed or tampered with. But is just a guess.

However once again ,since this ties in with Revealtion the biggest events in history (after the Incarnation itself of course) are really zooming towards us. That the enemy does not stand without the gate but within.

4. Kathleen

Kathleen New Member

Oddly this issue is only an hour from my own home and I believe the Bishop involved is our own has sparked great contraversy amongst friends. I think it was Micheal Vorris who said being Catholic is Offensive by nature. I had said to the friend that this man was in a no win trap- hired by a university and by the church he could not have gotten out of the situation. The student asked him his opinion- he is Catholic so he can't deny his faith! It would be a sin to do so. In my mind it was set up by the person who got him fired.

My friends feel he should not share his personal opinions with a student- that this is wrong. You can't teach and not share opinion. Personally, I'd rather go to Heaven and get fired than Hell and keep my job.

I see this issue all around us. The Catholic hospitals verses the ACLU, my own profession- the ethics of counseling says you cannot descriminate nor press your own values on another- such as imply that a person practicing homosexuality is doing anything wrong.

Uhg- its coming unglued over hear. :(
    Pray, pray, pray

5. Rain

Rain Powers

Forcing Catholics to accept homosexual weddings and the killing of the unborn is pressing other people's values onto Catholics. Why doesn't the ACLU ever take up our cause when we're discriminated against because of our religion? Yeah, right.

6. darrell

darrell New Member

I was reminded of Jesus' words in Matthew 10. It seems the sword is upon us. Jesus was speaking to His Apostles, but I think this applies to us in this time as well. I have a lot of thoughts on this, but am off for another long shift at the hospital. If I have time, I'll try to jot some notes and post tomorrow.

7. darrell

darrell New Member

Well, it was typically busy at the hospital yesterday and I didn't have time for anything but work. Kathleen and Deanna, yes, this firing of the professor is increased persecution of Catholics, pure and simple. I'll put together something to post later, but for now here's about 20 minutes of relevant video (Padraig and Mario may remember me referencing this in another forum in a discussion on anger and violecnce some years back).
    ]
    ]

8. darrell

darrell New Member

Padraig, your question summarizes two things in the icons which really grabbed me and led me to consider possibilities about the state of the U.S.A. (and western society in general): 1. dissolution of the Union (as opposed to a breakdown of the Union), and 2. Americans wanting to kill each other.

1. The idea that the division in America between those clinging to the values or our Judeo-Christian heritage and those embracing (and now evermore aggressively promoting) the relativistic anything-goes-in-the-name-of-tolerance (except Christianity) agenda would reach the point of open rebellion was something that never occurred to me before considering Padraig’s icons. I always thought that if America ever did fall—and I have and still do consider this a very real possibility—it would be from a breakdown in infrastructure resulting from our ever weakening economy and culminating from a catastrophic event (or series of events). This possibility of the dissolution of the Union resulting from rebellion and civil war boggles my mind, but I won’t discount it if for no other reason than I’ve been surprised too many times in my life by things I never would have considered likely.

2. The idea that our differences could ever reach the point that we would literally want to kill each other floors me. For us Christians, this is completely contrary to our core values. Even with the continuing moral decay in our country, it’s hard for me to imagine the animosity of the anti-Christians reaching a point of wanting to kill us off. Have we slid that far? Again, I imagined that if there ever was going to be fighting on American soil, it would be most likely the result of terrorism, or from the criminal elements, “civil unrest” secondary to the breakdown of infrastructure. This latter possibility still seems most likely to me.

I’ll continue with this later…

9. padraig

padraig New Member

You're right Darrell, its does seem very, very unlikely and far fetched indeed. Abit like a Holly wood Sci Fi movie, in fact. :lol: But, for waht its worth I give it anyway.

But I believe a series of events may signal its approach. Firstly a schism in the Catholic Church where the Schismatic (by far the larger section) rejects the Eucharist, Devotion to Our Blessed Lady, the Authority of the Holy Father and embraces liberal secular culture , thus becoming the darling of powers that be and hugely weakening the power of the Church to resist.

Secondly a profound loss of the sense of sin, even worse than present and an abrogation by man, of the powers that are reserved to God alone.

Thirdly an event or series of events that will so much make mankind fear that they will surrender all or most of their freedoms to Governments in order to maintain their security, thus making of Governments a kind of false God (as they have , for instance in China). Also making believers the enemy as they make objection to increasingly totaitairan, immoral and amoral laws and decrees.

But as you write it seems very,very, very unlikely. But consider the world pre 9/11 and post 9/11 and how things changed so radically and otally almost over night. Now imagine a far greater event{s} than 9/11 occured how terrified people might be and open to manipulation by unscruplous Governments. How power might centralise Federally at once with new laws and decrees....

But anyway, here is a reprint, from , 'The Marian Messenger' whcih through a series of Church approved Marian Apparitions provides a possible sequence of things that are to occur. I supect its very close to the truth. I have highligthed elments in this mentioned in the icons:

http://www.catholicprophecy.info/catholic.html

'Here is a summary of the sequence.

1. Current situation:
    * Apostasy (loss of faith, disobedience to the Church)
    * Devotion to the Eucharist in decline.
    * Mary prepares her "cohort": her own army of people consecrated to
    her, who pray and gather in cenacles
    * Disasters serve as initial warnings: hunger, epidemics, etc.

2. Conflict erupts in the Catholic Church: cardinals versus cardinals,
    bishops versus bishops. The immediate trigger of the conflict may
    be the Pope's declaration of the Fifth Marian Dogma: the Virgin Mary is
    Co-Redemptrix, Advocate, Mediatrix of All Grace.

3. Schism: open revolt in the Church. A false church emerges,
    consisting of rebel bishops, priests, and laity
    . However, the
    Church in the Philippines remains loyal to Pope John Paul II, according to an
    American visionary. Mary has a special plan for the Philippines,
    according to an Italian priest visionary, Fr. Stefano Gobbi.

4. Revolution breaks out in Italy. The Pope has to evacuate Rome.

5. A great Cross appears in the sky.

6. The Great Warning: we will all see our unconfessed sins and suffer pain
    for them -- our souls will feel the fires of Purgatory or Hell.

(The Marian Messenger suggests that all take advantage of the Feast of
    Divine Mercy every year. That's the first Sunday after Easter. Go to
    confession during Lent, even before Holy Week. Then take Communion on
    the Feast. Those who do so will be granted complete remission of their
    sins and the punishment due them. Jesus told this to the Polish
    visionary Sister Faustina Kowalska.)

7. A comet or asteroid crashes to the Earth.

8. Aftermath of the crash:
    * Terrible earthquakes
    * Global freezing
    * Crop failure, famine
    * Pest infestation

9. Global hunger

10. Global wars break out over resources.

11. World government emerges. Antichrist comes to power and puts the world
    in order. (Note: the severe economic crisis and social chaos gripping
    Germany in the 1930's called for a strong leader. This popular demand
    led to the rise of Adolf Hitler, who put the nation in order.)

12. Antichrist rules Rome. Catholics loyal to Pope John Paul II are
    persecuted.
    The Philippines is kept safe, according to an American
    visionary ceives messages of Jesus under the title, "King of All
    Nations."

13. "Great suffering" for the Pope.

14. The Great Miracle.
    * This will be Eucharistic and Marian.
    * Mary will appear as the Great Sign described in Rev. 12:1
    * It will be a gift of the Divine Mercy. There will be a tremendous
    outpouring of grace.

15. Climax of the Triumph of the Immaculate Heart: mass conversions. Russia
    is converted.

16. Nations enter the Church reunited and purified.

17. The Great Chastisement
    * "Atomic awakening." According to one visionary, the Antichrist
    instigates nuclear war.
    * Fire will fall from the sky. Another comet or asteroid hits the Earth.
    * Various nations are annihilated.
    * The Earth gets shrouded in darkness.

18. An Era of Peace follows.'

[​IMG]

10. Mario

Mario Powers

In our present time, there is a concerted effort on the part of globalists to reinterpret, modify, or simply bypass the constraints established by the Constitution. I think a critical mass of these rebels within governmental and administrative positions is close to being achieved. They have concluded that the construct of sovereign states must be eliminated so that a new world order may be created. I believe there is a threefold agenda to help achieve this goal here in the USA. 1) Weaken the middle class and produce an ever-increasing dependence upon the Federal government. This has become reality to a large extent. 2) Inhibit the voice of conscience and truth by redefining the meaning of freedoms of religion and speech. The above situation with the professor is a case of budding persecution. Ultimately, this is an attack against the dignity of the individual and a rejection of God. 3) Intertwine global instruments of governance and economy in such a way that people will be forced to choose between freedom and material necessities. In addition, I believe catastrophies and disasters will provide a climate to accelerate this process.

The use of incrementalism to foster this agenda has duped a majority of citizens in the USA. Little by little the noose of tyranny has tightened and only now are a significant number of Americans becoming aware of their predicament. The Tea Party rallys are an expression of this. Though they have not yet had the need, the globalists are willing to resort to the use of force to achieve their agenda. The media and weapons technology are in their hands at this time. There will be violence, though I'm uncertain how soon. :eek:

At the time of the American Revolution, the Patriots had several advantages that freedom-loving Americans currently don't possess. First, in general they were shaped by a Puritan worldview which helped to generate in the colonies a type of self-determination. Second, they perceived England's move to shift the tax burden to the colonies BEFORE it occurred, were less encumbered, and were much more proactive in preventing it from happening. Third, the Patriots garnered a higher percentage of support in the general population. Fourth, the British had no overwhelming superiority in weaponry.

Today, any sort of rebellion would require three catalysts: the appearance of decisive leadership, the secession of states from the Union, and the decision of key military divisions and units to join the revolt. Such a rebellion would also demand a religious revival that rediscovers the inherent connection betwwen the Founding Documents and the dignity of the human person. Only the Christian faith, more specifically, our Catholic Faith, fully grasps this fundamental dignity. It is this cry for justice and the love of family that will motivate men to act and be the impetus for armed revolt.

Like Darrell, I had thought the ability in initiate a rebellion was near impossible, but Padraig's icons have made me reconsider. His last icon, however, gives me hope. One question I have concerns the role, if any, that the Warning/Miracle will play in these events.

Our Lady of America, pray for us.

11. padraig

padraig New Member

I think what you wrote there reminds me of the Cursades to regain the Holy places, Terry. I think the people will always win will be those who have the greatest faith. There is a great example of this in the Book of Macabees . Alexander the Great had taken over over most of the known world, including Israel and one of his succesor Generals ruled the Chosen People. But one man rose up in the strength of God against this and started a Rebellion that brought the whole rotten , pagan mess down round their heads.

Its faith, conviction that will make the difference in the long run. People without faith are like ships without anchors.

12. darrell

darrell New Member

Terry, I have some thoughts on this --- actually, I think you hinted on the answer in you own post. But I'm off to work, and the family is going camping this weekend, so it may be a few days before I can write.

13. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Mark Mallett on the coming persecution in America [ties in with Padraig's icons]

THOUGH the Lord has been mostly silent in my own heart the past few months, this writing below and the word "Revolution!" remains strong, as though it is being spoken for the first time. I have decided to re-post this writing, and invite you to freely spread it to family and friends. We are seeing the beginnings of this Revolution already in the United States.

The Lord has begun to speak words of preparation again in the past few days. And so, I will write these and share them with you as the Spirit unfolds them. This is a time of preparation, a time of prayer. Don’t forget this! May you remain deeply rooted in the love of Christ:

For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that he may grant you in accord with the riches of his glory to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in the inner self, and that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the holy ones what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, so that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. (Eph 3:14-19)

First published March 16th, 2009:

A NEW word has been on my heart the past couple months:

PREPARE

I have already introduced you to a priest-friend in New Boston, Michigan where the Divine Mercy message first began to spread in North America from his very parish. He receives visits from the Holy Souls in Purgatory each night in vivid dreams. I recounted this past December what he heard when the late Fr. John Hardon appeared to him in a special dream. Persecution is near. Unless we are willing to die for our faith and be martyrs, we will not persevere in our faith. (See Persecution is Near ). This humble priest has also received recent visits from the Little Flower, St. Thérèse de Liseux, who has given a message, which I believe is for the whole Church. Fr. does not publicize these things, but confided them to me personally. With his permission, I am publishing them here.

WARNING FROM THE PAST
    In April, 2008, the French saint appeared in a dream wearing a dress for her first Communion and led him toward the church. However, upon reaching the door, he was barred from entering. She turned to him and said:

Just as my country [France], which was the eldest daughter of the Church, killed her priests and faithful, so will the persecution of the Church take place in your own country. In a short time, the clergy will go into exile and will be unable to enter the churches openly. They will minister to the faithful in clandestine places. The faithful will be deprived of the "kiss of Jesus" [Holy Communion]. The laity will bring Jesus to them in the absence of the priests.

Immediately, Fr. understood that she was referring to the French Revolution and the sudden persecution of the Church which burst out. He saw in his heart that priests will be forced into offering secret Masses in homes, barns, and remote areas. Fr. also understood that several clergy were going to compromise their faith and form a "pseudo-church" (see In the Name of Jesus — Part II ).

Be careful to preserve your faith, because in the future the Church in the U.S.A will be separated from Rome. —St. Leopold Mandic (1866-1942 A.D.), Antichrist and the End Times, Fr. Joseph Iannuzzi, p.27

And then recently, in January 2009, Fr. audibly heard St. Therese repeat her message with more urgency:

In a short time, what took place in my native country, will take place in yours. The persecution of the Church is imminent. Prepare yourself.

"It will happen so fast," he told me, "that no one will really be prepared. People think this can’t happen in America. But it will, and soon."

THE MORAL TSUNAMI

One morning in December of 2004, I awoke before the rest of my family while we were on a concert tour. A voice spoke within my heart saying that a spiritual earthquake occurred 200 years ago in what is known as the French Revolution. This unleashed a moral tsunami which raced through the world and brought its devastation to a peak around 2005 [see my writing Persecution! ( Moral Tsunami) ]. That wave is now receding and leaving in its wake chaos.

To be honest, I didn’t even know what the French Revolution was. I do now. There was a period called "The Enlightenment" in which philosophical principles began to emerge, which viewed the world entirely from a perspective of human reason, rather than reason enlightened by faith. This culminated during the French Revolution with a violent rejection of religion and a formal split between the Church and State. Churches were ransacked and many priests and religious were put to death. The calendar was altered and some Feast days were outlawed, including Sunday. Napoleon, who defeated the papal army, took the Holy Father prisoner and in a moment of supreme arrogance, crowned himself emperor.

Today, something similar is taking place, but this time on a global scale.

THE FINAL CONFRONTATION
    The moral tsunami which erupted 200 years ago has a name: the "culture of death." Its religion is "moral relativism." In all truth, it has destroyed a great deal of the foundation of the Church throughout the world except for a remnant of the Rock. As this wave now heads back out to sea, Satan wants to take the Church with it. The "dragon", who inspired the philosophical underpinnings of the French Revolution, intends to finish the job: not just a further widening of division between Church and State, but an end to the Church altogether.

The serpent spewed a torrent of water out of his mouth after the woman to sweep her away with the current. (Rev 12:15)

As the wave started in Europe and finally reached its pinnacle in North America, it is now receding from the Americas until it returns again to Europe, sweeping away every obstacle in its path to allow the rise of a "beast," a global Super-State, a New World Order.

Throughout the world, there is a clamor for change. That desire was evident in November, in an event that could become both a symbol of this need for change and a real catalyst for that change. Given the special role the United States continues to play in the world, the election of Barack Obama could have consequences that go far beyond that country. If current ideas for reforming the world’s financial and economic institutions are consistently implemented, that would suggest we are finally beginning to understand the importance of global governance.—Former Soviet President Michael Gorbachev (presently President of the International Foundation for Socio-Economic and Political Studies in Moscow), January 1, 2009, International Herald Tribune

I believe that there is a collective interest that the world can be persuaded of, in the United Nations playing a bigger role in security, NATO playing a bigger role out of theatre, and also the European Union as a collective institution playing a fuller role in world politics. —Prime Minister Gordon Brown (then Chancellor of the U.K.), January 19th, 2007, BBC

Of course, the greatest obstacle is the Catholic Church and her moral teachings, especially on marriage and the dignity of the human person.

A concrete sign of the beginnings of this Revolution came about suddenly on March 9th, 2009 in the American state of Connecticut in a "shot" over the bow of the Church. A legislative Bill was proposed to interfere directly in the operations of the Catholic Church by forcing bishops and priests to become a separate entity from the parish, instead placing in authority an elected board (a similar effort to democratize the Church was made in France with the The Law of the Civil Constitution of the Clergy [1790 A.D.] which forced both bishops and priests to be elected by the people.) Connecticut Catholic leaders felt it was a direct counter-attack to the Church’s efforts to prevent same-sex "marriage" in the state. In a rousing speech, the Supreme Knight of the Knights of Columbus warned:

The lesson of the nineteenth century is that the power to impose structures that grant or take away authority of Church leaders at the discretion and will of government officials is nothing less than the power to intimidate and the power to destroy. —Supreme Knight Carl A. Anderson, rally at the Connectitcut State Capitol, March 11, 2009

…modern liberalism has strong totalitarian tendencies… —Cardinal George Pell, March 12th, 2009 at conference on "Varieties of Intolerance: Religious and Secular."

PERSECUTION

The Fifth Seal of Revelation is persecution, which I believe will begin on various regional levels and will set the stage for the Great Persecution of the Church when the beast is given a mouth: when lawlessness culminates in the Beast, the "lawless one."

He shall speak against the Most High and oppress the holy ones of the Most high, thinking to change the feast days and the law. They shall be handed over to him for a year, two years, and a half-year. (Dan 7:25)

But remember this, dear brothers and sisters: when this spiritual earthquake shook the heavens two centuries ago, our Blessed Mother also appeared around that time.

A great sign appeared in the sky, a woman clothed with the sun… Then another sign appeared in the sky; it was a huge red dragon…. (Rev 12:1, 3)

These present times are nothing more than the final thrashings of the tail of a serpent who feels the heel of a Woman about to crush his head.

But when the court is convened, and his power is taken away by the final and absolute destruction, then the kingship and dominion and majesty of all the kingdoms under the heavens shall be given to the holy people of the Most High, whose kingdom shall be everlasting: all dominions shall serve and obey him. (Dan 7:25-27)

The winds of change blow—hasten now to prepare your cupboards, time is running out. All of My heavenly court are assembled. My great warring angels are amongst you protecting and guarding My faithful flock. There will be chaos, unrest, and great confusion. Nations align only to bring about a culture of death. Persecution is near. Pray for My priests for many are lukewarm and have been distracted. A great schism will rise. A great tidal wave of fear and injustice will give rise resonating in the east; the west will be shaken by great aftershocks. Natural disasters abound. More commercial and economic collapse will give rise to anarchy. The mighty lion roars and the bear has been set upon a path that will reap destruction and havoc. Prepare for anarchy and chaos. You must stay vigilant and determined, strong in your resolve.

The time of persecution draws close. Remember you are governed by My Spirit. Fear not. Revolution, persecution, many factions are forming… Tower of Babylon, tower of Babylon, from east to west, a new nation will rise to bring about only a culture of death and destruction. Persecution is near, prepare your homes, secure your thresholds, keep warm your hearths. Stay suited in holy armor; keep sacramentals about your homes and in places of honor… a great revolution is on the horizon. —Jesus, allegedly to Mary Reilly, November 8th, 2008 public message; November 18th, 2008 (from a private message printed here with permission)

14. padraig

padraig New Member

Thanks for posting this, Bobby, its great to see that people are blowing the warning trumpets, but I am very sad that more Bishops are not sounding the alarm. I think I would drop with shock if I heard an Irish Bishop speaking out, for instance. I wish they would; they have Prophetic Charisms by virtue of their role as Shepherds, therefore surely the Holy SPirit is showing them what is to take place.

During the French Revolution there was one area of France that fough back against the Persecution and that was an area called the Vendee. I used to wonder why these brave folks gave their lives in defense of Holy Mother Church and eventually found it that it was because of the work of the great Marian Saint, Louis Grignion De Montford and his spiritual sons and daughters in evangelising this region. I think it will be the same in times to come that certain areas such as Portugal and Ireland in Europe and certain regions in the USA will fight for thier beliefs....not just Catholics but people like Orthodox Jews, Fundamentalist Protestans, the Mormons etc....

I had been feeling Our Lady calling me in prayer to pray for peace for this weekend and wondered why, though I had an image in my mind of a very,very deep red sky.

This morning I found out why. Lets all pray to the Queen of Peace for her intercession:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jul/24/north-korea-nuclear-war-threat

[​IMG]

Booklady likes this.
  15. darrell

darrell New Member

Interesting how we see history repeating itself. Just as in “The Enlightenment” people embraced the perspective of human reason and rejected faith, today’s western society embraces relativism and humanism and rejects faith. “The Enlightenment” was followed by the violence of the French Revolution, and we are warned of pending persecution. We in fact are experiencing the beginnings of this already, for example in the loss of religious freedom as in the example Terry posted in another thread of a college failing a student for adhering to the values of their faith…

I think in order to understand the role the Warning and Miracle will have in these events, we need to look at the people of America:

In today’s society, as in all times, there are basically two kinds of people: those who in their hearts want what is good, and those who reject the good and embrace evil ways. There is certainly a range within each type to the degree which individuals act. First let’s consider the evil-doers.

This has always been impossible for me to understand, but there are those who simply reject good and choose evil. It even happened in Heaven when Satan and other angels rejected God. War broke out in Heaven, and Satan and the others were thrown out of Heaven (Revelation 12: 7-9) and fell like lightening from the sky (Luke 10: 18). They were in God’s presence and yet they rejected Him!

There were even those who followed Jesus when He walked this earth that rejected Him (John 6: 66).

A sociopath (anti-social personality) is a person characterized by a lack of empathy. These individuals know the difference between right and wrong, but they simply don’t care. All that motivates them is getting what they want, no matter how, and they don’t care if or how much it harms others. I’ve encountered more than a few in my life. A large percentage (if not the majority) of the criminal element are sociopaths. Our jails and prisons are full of them, overcrowded with them in fact. Here in Phoenix, our jails were so overcrowded that our very controversial sheriff built a tent city to house the criminals rather than turn them loose.

Imagine what would happen if there were a breakdown in infrastructure and all these criminals in all the jails and prisons were let loose on society all at once…

On the other hand, I still think the majority of people in their hearts want what is good. They want to be good and do good. As a society, we’ve just become confused as to what that means exactly. Through “incrementalism” over the past 5 decades or so we’ve experienced a gradual moral decay. Behaviors that were once considered abnormal are now not only accepted but to be embraced. Things once considered shameful are now acceptable. Even among a large part of Christianity, people use the values of secular, atheistic/agnostic society as a guide to judge and reject Traditional Christian teaching, rather than use God’s Law to guide them through secular society. Our society’s conscience has become confused; as Pope John Paul II said, “People have lost their sense of sin” – people who want to do the right thing can’t agree on what that is…

I think this is where the Warning comes in. It will be a correction of conscience. People who did not believe or doubted God will know that He exists. Those who believed in God but rejected Church teaching and embraced secular beliefs will see they were wrong.
    I can’t help but think that the Warning would be the catalyst for a great religious revival. Everyone who before desired to do good but was confused to right/wrong (and I imagine that’s all of us to some degree) will be motivated to change. I think it will be a time ripe for evangelization. I think there will be the potential for Christian reunification, but we must respond to each other with love and respect and patience.

16. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

Like I mentioned in my welcome post, this thread is what brought me to this forum. After reading this site daily since the beginning of this thread, I've finally felt the need to contribute. It's tough to jump in an established thread 11 pages long, but I'll give it a try :D

The icons Padraig posted were hard to accept and wrap my mind around, especially the absence of the Eucharist and the civil war. After contemplating, praying, and observing what's going on here in the US, the civil war icon certainly seems feasible, sadly. I don't want to go into politics or criticize our president (in fact, I pray for my country and president), but it can't be ignored either. Since the new administration took office, I have felt tension or the feeling that the US was at a fork in the road...one direction to go straight with center right policies or take a turn toward liberal / farther left policies. When Padraig posted that the US was in a battle for it's soul, well that described perfectly the tension I was feeling, and better explains what is going on. Perhaps my views are skewed by the fact that I’m a conservative in a very liberal state, and only religious person in a liberal family, but below are some of my thoughts.

In terms of a civil war breaking out, I can actually now see this happening. The US is very divided in liberal v. conservative ideals/policies. The accusation of being racist is being thrown around so often to conservatives and those that disagree with the administration that it is almost a meaningless term now, and certainly cheapens the experiences of minorities in the 60's who experienced real racism. We are also battling in class warfare, with new concepts for America such as redistribution of wealth. Our government is now suing Arizona over an immigration law, and politicians in some states are actively encouraging other states to boycott Arizona. I do feel that politicians are pitting people and states against each other and that this administration is passing policies that are against the will of the American people (nearly all new policies have polled very low). I really feel future immigration policies may escalate and cause civil unrest.

As for the Eucharist leaving our churches, I truly can’t see that happening. When I first read the icon, I assumed it would be the government closing churches, but then later posts indicated a splinter in the church starting in the US, and that I still have a hard time believing. But that may be because my church is well attended with young and old people, I can go 3 miles on the bus and go to Eucharistic adoration 7 days a week…I can go on another bus for 3 miles in another direction for perpetual adoration…and every day at 1pm I can hear the church bells of my church playing “Gentle Woman”…2 college aged men from my church have joined the seminary in the past 2 years, etc. I am so happy to say that the church in Boston has been purged after the scandal and re-born in such a beautiful way! The permanent adorers for perpetual adoration are overwhelmingly young people who make sure Jesus is never alone. Just as many males as females who are a part of an active youth group (collage aged and youth in their 20's and early 30's) who love Jesus. It’s wonderful and I know it makes our lady and Jesus very happy!! I guess that’s why I can’t see the church splintering here…but it depends on where you live I guess and what you experience in your parish.

Gosh, this is really long now…I better stop or people won’t read it through!! Let me know if anyone has any thoughts!

17. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

I just wanted to comment on the following quote from much earlier in the thread:

Some people have the vocabulary to sum up things in a way you can understand them.
    This quote was translated into English an article appearing in the Czech Republic as published in the Prager Zeitung of 28 April 2010 .

“The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president."
    "The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America . Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince.
    The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool.
    It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president.”

I feel a lot of Americans were duped on Obama. The mainstream media is liberal and wanted Obama to win, and their coverage reflected that. They didn't dig into his past (such as his radical friends and ministers), and gave him a much easier time than other candidates, especially conservative candidates. In order for a democracy to survive, a press that fairly covers events and politics is required. Otherwise, people will not know what big companies are doing and where politicians truly stand. There's even some articles written recently on how some journelists coordinated their coverage to promote one candidate and take down others. They supposedly met online to discuss strategies. When this happens, people are really in the dark on whot o vote for.

http://dailycaller.com/2010/07/20/documents-show-media-plotting-to-kill-stories-about-rev-jeremiah-wright/
    http://dailycaller.com/2010/07/21/liberal-journalists-suggest-government-shut-down-fox-news/

18. padraig

padraig New Member

http://www.wordsfromjesus.com/

19. MomsCalling

http://www.wordsfromjesus.com/warning.html

20. MomsCalling

"I ask you My daughter the favor to tell the world that on the 15th of the next month (9/15/2010), the month in which My Church celebrates the birthday of My Mother, that I desire for My children to come to Me in adoration for one hour for five days for My Mother's intentions."

Is this visionary reputable?