The False Prophet.

Discussion in 'The mystical and Paranormal' started by padraig, Mar 7, 2019.

1. AED

AED Powers

"....night cometh when no man can work..."
    Drawing nigh.

2. djmoforegon

djmoforegon Powers

When you mentioned the gift of tears, I can't help but think of the best teaching I have found about the different kinds of tears. This is from St. Catherine of Sienna's, Dialogue (http://www.catholicplanet.com/ebooks/Dialogue-of-St-Catherine.pdf)

How there are five kinds of tears. Then said the Supreme and Sweet Truth of God, "Oh, beloved and dearest daughter, you beg knowledge of the reasons and fruits of tears, and I have not despised your desire; open well the eye of your intellect and I will show you, among the aforesaid states of the soul, of which I have told you, concerning the imperfect tears caused by fear; but first rather of the tears of wicked men of the world. These are the tears of damnation. The former are those of fear, and belong to men who abandon sin from fear of punishment, and weep for fear. The third are the tears of those who, having abandoned sin, are beginning to serve and taste Me, and weep for very sweetness; but since their love is imperfect, so also is their weeping, as I have told you. The fourth are the tears of those who have arrived at the perfect love of their neighbor, 79 loving Me without any regard whatsoever for themselves. These weep and their weeping is perfect. The fifth are joined to the fourth and are tears of sweetness let fall with great peace, as I will explain to you. I will tell you also of the tears of fire, without bodily tears of the eyes, which satisfy those who often would desire to weep and cannot. And I wish you to know that all these various graces may exist in one soul, who, rising from fear and imperfect love, reaches perfect love in the unitive state. Now I will begin to tell you of these tears in the following way."

Sam, HeavenlyHosts and Praetorian like this.
  3. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

Good points. (y)
    I still say the curious absence of great visible Saints right now is a sign!

SgCatholic, HeavenlyHosts and padraig like this.
  4. padraig

padraig Powers

5. padraig

padraig Powers

..and Sr Briege McKenna:

AED likes this.
  6. padraig

padraig Powers

..the late Fr Peter Rookey:

djmoforegon and AED like this.
  7. padraig

padraig Powers

Marino Restrepo:

8. padraig

padraig Powers

Bernardo Martinez.

9. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

Praetorian said:
    I think there are many good and holy people, but I do not think we have any "rock-star' Saints alive today like we used to. Saints who could heal, bi-locate, read a person's heart in confession and tell them what they are thinking, appear mystically before Popes, etc. Padre Pio was known all over the world for these things. Every century since Christ has had many men and women like this except today. Something is off.
    Oh right! Thank you for that reminder!!:eek:

AED likes this.
  10. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Well that makes sense.. AED...my friends and I were just discussing this. We are wondering if the masses we have been attending are valid. It makes sense then that God would not remove the validity, but graces would not be the same.

We really need to find good, holy priest we trust ..
    We need these graces...especially now.

Frank Markus and AED like this.
  11. padraig

padraig Powers

The Medugorje visionaries:

12. padraig

padraig Powers

Immaculee

13. padraig

padraig Powers

Sr Sasagawa

Beth B and Frank Markus like this.
  14. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

A friend just gave it to me...she couldn’t say enough about it. Looking forward to it now.

AED likes this.
  15. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

There is no doubt there are very good people alive today. I am not saying that there aren't, but Immaculee has never bilocated. Marino Restrepo has never spoken in front of a group of people and had each hear him in their own language. Bernardo Martinez never levitated. Fr. Rookey didn't live on the Eucharist alone.

Again I say where are the Padre Pio's?
    Where are the St. Francis'?
    Where are the St. John Bosco's?

They are not here. That is a fact. And it is a conspicuous one.

SgCatholic and Frank Markus like this.
  16. djmoforegon

djmoforegon Powers

I want to go to him and have him read my soul in confession and have him tell me what I am too proud to admit. Sometime before the Warning, if possible.

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  17. "Quis ut Deus"

"Quis ut Deus" ADMIN Staff Member

Tut Tut brother you left a good few out of your list like me and you and the rest of the crew on board this forum ship
    Remember a saint is a sinner that never gives up trying ;):)
    :):)

18. AED

AED Powers

It stays with you. Especially the interrogation from the KGB. Such a powerful witness of God's power when we truly surrender to Him.

Frank Markus and Beth B like this.
  19. AED

AED Powers

St Anthony of Egypt told his followers our time would be so bad we would be fortunate to be able to pray one Our Father but yet the people of our time would be greater than those of their time because they battled satan chained whereas we battle satan unchained. This statement brings me great comfort. It may account for theseeming lack of rock star saints.

20. "Quis ut Deus"

"Quis ut Deus" ADMIN Staff Member

Well in my opinion you are already a rock star sweet heart :love:
    Remember the victory has already been won the battle belongs to the Lord ;)

HeavenlyHosts, Beth B and AED like this.