The event that causes disbelief in Garabandal

Discussion in 'Marian Apparitions' started by local, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Blue Horizon

Blue Horizon Guest

Glenn would you be able to identify the books and hopefully page numbers for this incident?

While I find most of what Tomdarious asserts credulous I believe he is essentially correct on discriminating between alleged Garabandal incidents on the strength of the chain of evidential credibility of the reports that reach us.

For example, a short minor report of Our Lady's words heard by only one Seer, verbally spoken to only one witness, who then recounts it to an author of a book some months later... well this has far less evidential credibility than, say, that of the Warning which all the Seers seem to have heard from Our Lady multiple times, and immediately recounted to multiple witnesses multiple times which in turn was committed to writing by multiple authors (if not by at least one of the Seers) soon after.

So I don't think it is really "cafeteria Garabandal" to accept some of the alleged words of Our Lady and not others - because different reports have different chains of evidential quality/reliability. This has been demonstrated a number of times on this forum wrt Garabandal "facts".

Jon, josephite and hope like this.
  2. Blue Horizon

Blue Horizon Guest

Aviso will no doubt answer Josephite,
    but after some reflection I think Aviso is suggesting Mercedes never said any such thing at all but some author has mistakenly attributed this report to her.

That is why I asked Glenn which authors report this incident.
    If Aviso is correct then the bona fides of the authors of these books has taken a serious blow.

josephite likes this.
  3. Joe Crozier

Joe Crozier Guest

"She went in Haste to the Mountains" in which this so called rumor is quoted is regarded as the major record of the events of Garabandal. Aviso himself recommends this publication. Do you really believe Conchita would have allowed such a claim, published in the official records, to have gone unchallenged if it was not reliable? I suspect Conchita wants nothing to do with this controversy. I will not comment further on this episode unless I feel Conchita has been maligned although I acknowledge that Glenn is infinitely better equipped to fight that battle. He has always been her shield.

4. josephite

josephite Powers

I am certainly hoping Aviso can can clear up this rumor.
    Why anyone would make up such a rumor is hard to understand.
    I wonder what their motive would be?

Our Lady of Mount Carmel. Pray for us
    St Joseph protector of the Church. Pray for us.
    St Michael the Archangel. Pray for us

5. Blue Horizon

Blue Horizon Guest

Aloysius can you advise the page number?

Re your comment about Conchita allowing this claim to be published...I don't think that has a lot of weight.
    Most journalists would regard it as interfering with their right to independence if witnesses later tried to put pressure on them over them. In any case Conchita expressly advised a prev interviewer she was indifferent to what he wanted to publish when he returned to her for a clarification on some point.

hope likes this.
  6. Tomdarius

Tomdarius New Member

Thanks Aviso. I certainly believe in you.

What a sigh of relief!

I know God must purposely guided me into this forum as well as to FB page made by Glenn.

I do hope that Glenn can rectify such error in the FB page where I am also an active member.

God bless.

hope, Aviso and josephite like this.
  7. Joe Crozier

Joe Crozier Guest

Hi BH
    I now realize I found it on the Whatisgarabandal site alongside but not in the pages of She Went in Haste to the Mountains. My apologies to all. From memory the source was The Garabandal Book but I have just finished a 14 hour day so am not sure. I do not know the page.

josephite likes this.
  8. Aviso

Aviso Guest

You have to trust me Josephite especially when it's about Garabandal, I confirm that Mercedes Salisachs was a Great Lady but will leave her Holiness to God only.

But let me use your message, To all of you and for your information, I spent several years to debunk this kind of Rumors, so listen my advice, take the so call "Garabandal Book" and put it in the garbage as we have already lost too much faithfull of Garabandal, thank you.

Aviso

AveMaria, josephite and Tomdarius like this.
  9. josephite

josephite Powers

Thank you Aviso,

For getting back to us, on the forum that have questioned this rumor.

I do not own the "Garabandal book"
    I have a great supply of the garabandal magazine, which has not mentioned anything of the above rumor in any of the editions, I have many editions which covers many years.

I am a simple, wife and mother; in need of much prayer from my brothers and sisters and mercy from Our Lord Jesus.

I trust Our lord Jesus and Our Dearest Mother Mary.

God be with you always.
    God Bless you and your family and thank you Again.
    Carolyn

Aviso likes this.
  10. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

Glenn said ... we've been friends a long time[Conchita] and I ALWAYS ask any Garabandal question the same way. I say to her " I'd like to ask you about ---------, and if you don't want to answer me ,that's fine. " Rarely does she refuse an answer. http://motheofgod.com/threads/garabandal-news.2443/page-64
    Its not like anyone is asking for the date of the miracle. Was this message on Aliens true?

11. Mac

Looking back through some pages of the Garabandal News I came across this...Re the Warning...

Yes ,in a 1980 interview Conchita said the following:"To me, it's like two stars... that crash and make a lot of noise and a lot of light but they don't fall..."

It reminded me of this...
    we saw an Angel with a flaming sword in his left hand; flashing, it gave out flames that looked as though they would set the world on fire; but they died out in contact with the splendour that Our Lady radiated towards him from her right hand

12. Blue Horizon

Blue Horizon Guest

I would like to ask who the author is of the "The Garabandal Book" everyone keeps talking about?

Mac likes this.
  13. Mac

14. Glenn

Glenn Guest

Blue, here is what you requested:

THURSDAY, DECEMBER 20, 1962:

"THERE EXIST INTELLIGENT BEINGS
    ELSEWHERE THAN ON THE EARTH" . . .
    "Intelligent (rational) beings in outer space . . ."
    As an echo, in some way, of the lively discussion going on in the world at the time, Mercedes Salisachs, a remarkable witness, present these days at Garabandal, had Conchita ask the Blessed Virgin if there were intelligent beings in outer or interstellar space. - "Yes", was the stunning answer!
    Days after, Conchita, again in ecstasy, was heard asking her Vision if these mysterious beings are like us, sinners? - "They are like men, tainted alike by sin, but also redeemed by Christ just like men," was the new astonishing answer!
    These new revelations made to Conchita were to appear so exceptional to Fr. Lucio Rodrigo, S.J., when he learned about them, that, after an uneasy first impression, and then, after reflection, he went out to write that "it would well be that the Blessed Virgin, and through Her, Our Lord, were lifting the veil of a mystery which broadens in that way the dimensions of the Kingdom of Our Lord (and of the Most Blessed Virgin), so to include other rational creatures, which could, of course, not be angels (. . .)". (Letter, October 22, 1965, to the Marques de Santa Maria). True, the above revelations of this December 20, 1962, should they be confirmed by existing new documents not yet available to us, and also by Conchita herself, they would take us to give a new look at the absolute universality of Christ's redemption, but also to His unfathomable supremacy recapitulating all created realities, visible and invisible, even the mysterious Cosmic powers. So, couldn't we at least presume that the above-reported revelations were simply recalling, if also "confirming" a true kerygmatic truth, an article of the Church early Creed? Future and larger works on Garabandal, based on numerous authentic original sources, should present it all in a much more detailed way. As for the Scriptural foundation (mainly 1 Cor, Rom, Col, Eph, and Peter I and II), we can do no better for the time being than to indicate among the numerous exegetical works bearing on this still mysterious aspect of Christian faith, the major study of M. Combe, "Puissances celestes" ("Cosmic Powers,") in the Dictionnaire de la Bible-Supplement--DBS--vol. 9, col 336-381.
    [From 'Garabandal' Book, by Serre & Caux, pages 160-161]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2015
  15. Glenn

Glenn Guest

On October 23, 2013 , Jacques Serre died at the age of 80.

16. Glenn

Glenn Guest

The authors are the credible Jacques Seere, who has a double Ph.D ( one inTheology/Philosphy, and one in Harvard Law ) .
    The other is Beatrice Caux, a French journalist,who was the daughter of one of the greatest witnesses to Garabandal, DR. Jean Caux, who was respnsible for many pictures and film, at Garabandal.

It seems to me that people of this intelligence, and connection to the apparitions ,would risk their reputations, and a rumor, or lie. Their book is a chronological account of the events , in great detail, and I have never heard any other opinions of this book ,other than to praise its accuracy.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2015
  17. Aviso

Aviso Guest

Indeed, Jacques and Beatrice, french as me have made a good work about Garabandal but their books (with me of course) written in French first of all then later translated in English are unfortunately full of mistakes and misquotes, I do not have time to reproduce them here, some quotes and testimonies are of course real but they have added their own opinion on somes quotes which is not the case in "She went in haste to the Mountains" and some others, let me give a single one, Page 132 as below :

"John Paul II will be the last Pope"! "He will see the Great Miracle" "He will go to San Sébastian de Garabandal"

We all know that this is not the reality and this has never been confirmed by any seers in the Village during the Apparitions and so on (there are many more), between us, it's because of these kind of Books that I spent years to debunk them, so even if I respect the Authors, I reconfirm that I will not advice their books to any one, they can have any degrees in Theology, Philosophy or whatever, this will have no impact on me and my works at the service of our Lady of Mount Carmel, not today as not tomorrow, thank you again.

Aviso

AveMaria, hope and Tomdarius like this.
  18. Glenn

Glenn Guest

I am sorry to disappoint you but I will not be changing my stance on this issue here, or on my FB page, until I have been provided evidence to the contrary ( which none has been offered here, other than
    " hearsay ",and that has not been disclosed either. )

19. Aviso

Aviso Guest

Thank you Carolyn, as I told to many of you who also are contacting me privately, if I am still online, it's also because of People like you.

But let me open my heart just a little, as I said here and on my blog, I have been converted at the Pines in Garabandal myself, I also got married there and I just Baptized my last child in the village, in contact with many eye witness of the Apparitions as to families of the seers and writters, this is a huge responsability for me, of course I have for sure many Garabandalist who do not share my opinions or my testimony but let me repeat it again, I have no enemies as for me, all the Garabandalist are also my Brothers and all of them, and one of first one is Glenn himself, please be sure of that, thank you.

Aviso

20. Tomdarius

Tomdarius New Member

It's okay Glenn.

But to me, God is good because this issue has finally put into rest. At least in my own searching for truth, and it was through Aviso.

It's been almost a month since one follower from the FB has posted this question on ETs, and since then, I started doubted Garabandal, even the love of God for us. I was thinking, since I am a sinner, it would be okay for me to be forever lost, afterall God has created different creatures who were like men and redeemed by Christ who, in the end, can compensate for the love I have not offered Him. I was indeed jealous and felt envious, that I had to compete with the intelligent beings for the love of God. I began speculating that Mary's love was not enough thus another Mary must be created- no only two or three, but might be billions or even countless Mary-like creatures in heaven. This idea put me into desolation, for I am the most sinful.

Despite all these, I kept on praying, I tried and never stop posting from the FB Garabandal page to question and help me understand why or how this was possible - but to my dismay, it has always been moderated and deleted from the page. I understood it well for the discussion on this subject matted had been closed already.

After weeks of finding an answer, my most trusted companion, the book of True Life in God by Vassula Ryden, has never failed me.

I would just imitate Vassula whenever she needed guidance, and God would ask her to randomly open either the bible or any religious materials so God can speak to her. While Vasulla can speak to God directly, He never runs out of way to communicate with her in whatever ways He may please.

So, if i can remember correctly, July 14 was the first time I asked God to enlighten me as I was looking for anwer and by opening the TLIG radomly, I was directed on the message April 09, 1993, the title of the message was: "Seek Only Your Creator's Approval" and the passage that touched me so much was "I remind you: do not be concerned and do not seek for the approval that comes from the world, seek only your Creator's approval." During this time, God taught me the value of humility, that in His power and greatness, I am nothing; and that I don't have to worry about anything but only to please God.

In this period, I somehow accepted the Garabandal message regarding Extra Terrestials. Several weeks have passed, I stumbled again upon the writings of Veronica Leuken about ETs and she was carefully instructed that these manifestations were purely diabolical. Hence, I began to question the Garabandal message again. Although in my heart of hearts, I had never lost my faith in these 4 Children of Garabandal but only specific to the message about Extra Terrestials.

My last supplication to God was to reconfirm the message of Garabandal about ETs. This time, I had to ask Him "if they were like men" etc...... ; and He directed me to July 3, 1996 message and to my surprise, the first word that caught my eyes was the word "EVIL." I was very scared in that very instance that it brought me back to the events that I was able to capture video footages of UFO's that I found scary as well.

As I recount all the events that have passed prior to Aviso's testimony, my faith was about to shatter and now it was restored.

Thus, I thank everyone who were able to discuss and share their insights and I know God will lead us to the truth.

God bless All.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015