The BBC and Medjugorje

Discussion in 'Video Blogs' started by garabandal, Dec 12, 2010.

1. padraig

padraig Powers

Gail, the shortest line in Scripture is:

John 11:35
    Jesus wept.

......and this was for His friend Lazarus who had recently died.

But we see Him weeping on another occasion:

Luke 19:41 As he approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it

He wept over Jerusalem because He forsaw its rejection of Him and its terrible Destruction.

Well all I can say is if He wept over that doomed city He must be crying tears of blood as He regards the world as it stands today.

2. padraig

padraig Powers

When I went into work on Monday night I sprinkled Blessed salt round the ladies work area and left a beautiful blessed Saint Benedict's Cross under her desk.

When I got to work tonight I discovered she has booked of sick for at least seven days. Thank you all for your prayers. I wish her well and hope her a speedy recovery and will pray for her right through Christmas; but this is such a relief to me. It all seems so spooky. But I have a feeling she will never trouble me again, one way or another.

3. Mario

Mario Powers

Gail and Padraig,

I don't mean to seem uppity, but my explanation was incomplete and you misunderstood me. Psalm 149 is the inspiration for executing the sentence but it is not spiritual weapon itself. It is difficult to describe, much better to be experienced. Let me think about how best to communicate the how of it. Until next time..,. Thanks for your encouragement, though. :D

Safe in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!

4. Lee

Lee Principalities

Padraig, the battle belongs to the LORD!

5. maryrose

maryrose Powers

Padraig,
    So glad you have got a break and there are some great prayer warriors on this site. I am particularly interested in Terry's forumula for breaking evil. I look forward to learning on how you do this and 'execute the sentence'. We could all do with this at the moment.

Mary

6. Lee

Lee Principalities

Mary, I agree, we are standing at the edge of some real darkness and we need all the help we can muster.
    Mario, think about putting it on Youtube then you can explain it better.

7. padraig

padraig Powers

PSALM 62

I am looking forward to it too, Terry, I hope you can find time to explain and I will print it of for future reference.

I was thinking about the lady in work. She never came in to work after I spread the salt, so it must have been your prayers that did the buisness.

I always find a feeling of well, weirdness and spookiness when confronting such matters, the very,very opposite of the feeling of calm, of peace, of joy we get when we encounter the Holy Spirit coming.

There is a feeling of disjointedness, of unreality, of..'This really cannot be happening....' when we encounter evil. I also find in such things my faith and trust really being stretched and worked out. But such work outs strengthen Faith and bolster trust, so that, through the Providence of a good and loving God we end up at the end of such matters better, stronger , more loving and discerning people , more able to forgive and more forewarned in case such things arise in the future than we were when they began.

God is very good. An every read help in time of need. Our fortress, our shelter, our shield, our rock.

8. Thomas

Thomas Angels

Padraig,

This is an interesting discussion. I'm so glad your prayers were answered and your situation alleviated, even if just for the time being.

I, too, have dealt with what I like to call "petty evil" at work. I used to be part of the public relations group for a major computer manufacturer and I was responsible for all PR concerning the company's consumer laptop products. Well, one day our director announced that a new director was to replace her. The new director was also a woman, but one who gave me an unsettled feeling from the very first. It is hard to describe, but the new director caused me to inherently distrust her.

To make a long story short, this new director was what I like to call "petty evil" because she liked to undermine people who she did not like. She did this by gossiping about people, questioning her "targets" abilities and generally engaging in sneeky, underhanded vendettas to drive out those who she did not like, who did not submit to her ways. She quickly targeted me as one of those people to get rid of and worked on doing so once she got rid of one of my colleagues. It took her about a year to finally push me out, but during that time I prayed the rosary as a means to seek guidance and solace. Our Lady gave me both and eventually helped me get a different job doing something I like better than I was doing for the computer company! So, it all worked out fine and I could not foresee that result. However, the stress it caused me to know I was being undermined by my own boss was tremendous. I was losing weight, not sleeping fitfully, etc. I think the only thing that saved me was praying the Rosary and Our Lady's support. I don't know what I could have done without her!

Some behavior things I noticed about this director who pushed me out of the company were similar to what you, Padraig, describe in your own situation: I would catch her looking at me in a funny way, like a sneer, she could not look me in the eye when she spoke to me -- and I generally got a sense that she was involved with evil somehow. Perhaps she was part of a coven or engaged in tarot cards, I don't know. All I know is that she was "connected" to a malevolent force in some way. Perhaps she was not entirely aware of it herself? Also, in some deep down way, I sensed that she understood that I was connected to Our Lady, to God and Jesus -- and she disliked it.

On a couple of occasions I confronted her about her destructive behavior and how she was treating other people, but she always denied it. But once I confronted her behavior, I also knew I was cooking my own goose, so to speak, but I have a difficult time staying quiet and allowing someone like her to get away with it. I have always found that calling evil out will cause it to recoil and run for cover. Evil always has to hide, scuttle around in the shadows, sneek, gossip, etc. It has no power over the Truth or those who follow God.

9. padraig

padraig Powers

Yes Thomas,
    I think you describe it about right. I had a feeling too, 'Am I imagining this? Am I being paranoid? Am I reading too much into this than is really there?'

I never had the idea to confront this lady. I think looking back on it what she was doing so was so subtle at first. Anyway if I had I sense she would simply have denied it, I think.

I prayed about it to Our lady and got the message back that I should simply keep my nose to the gorund and not to worry that she would take care of it all. But I hadn't the faith to do so , so a couple of times I went to see two mangers about the situation, but got nowhere and might have made matters worse.

I went to work today and it was like going into a whole new place, a totally changed atmosphere.

As in your case Thomas things worked out for the best in the end ,so it will always be if we pray and trust.

Its really the oddest, oddest thing though.....to experince something like this. But now I'm not really sorry I did, it taught me so much..and if it ever happens again I will be much better forewarned.

10. Lee

Lee Principalities

Padraig and Thomas,

Both your stories are real lessons for us all. Evil is about and ready to destroy whatever it can in the most subtle, undetected ways.
    But the glaring lesson here for me at least is that we have real power in prayer...we are called to join force in prayer and break those things that bind us.
    Padraig if you hadn't mentioned your horrible work situation in detail, you would have been pounding the pavement looking for another job when God had already given you a job!

It just underlines for me that when we are willing to be transparent with one another and ask for prayer in our real time of need, things change. It's such a confirmation for me alone it must be speaking to others as well.
    If you just look back at what prayers have been answered when we presented our needs to the forum you'll find the track record is phenomenal.
    But of course we have to truly believe....believe, believe believe. Amen.

11. MomsCalling

MomsCalling Principalities

Ok, Padraig, I just got freaked out...who is this author Frank Peretti?

I am adopted, and my birth mother found me when I was in my thirties, and so now I know that I am part Italian (woah! lol) and that my birth mother's maiden name is -- Peretti.
    AND my half-brother's name is Frank.

So, who is this Frank Peretti? My long-lost uncle? I saw that book cover and it was like a shock going through me!

12. padraig

padraig Powers

He's realy very famous , probablly the best known Protestant /Christian novelist in the USA, I Love his books as they are in th mystical tradition of seeing the unseen, he makes me sad, in a way , for, obviously being from a Italian background he is Protesstant, but the mystical thing is very, very Catholic.

http://www.frankperetti.com/

13. MomsCalling

Hmm, shows what I know. I had never run into any of Frank Peretti's books before. Just went to his website, and WOW he looks like my birth-mom, and me, and my son! So who knows? My mother's maiden name is Clara Peretti. I took a risk and sent him an email, asking him if he had any relatives in Missouri...we will see. I still look for relatives now and then, since I just don't have a lot of information about my "real" family. I also ordered his book, The Wounded Spirit, which is a non-fiction book that is supposed to be about his life. I love to get to know an author in this way, long lost relative or not!

Ok, enough about all that. Padraig, when you talked about the "looks" your new coworker was giving you, I got the heeby jeebies! The picture that came to my mind was that of the children that were chasing Judas in The Passion of the Christ! The look they gave to him...and now that she is off sick for a WEEK! What is up with that? Is it possible there is a demon in her? He would surely want to avoid the things you placed in her area, and this would prove you were onto something. Perhaps it is not a direct attack against you, but merely a coincidence that she started working there, and immediately you became a threat to HER! I don't know much about these things, but that is all I keep "getting" as I read your post...that she is harboring something and that "something" is threatened by your presence! And the fact that it upset you so deeply and so fast that you immediately thought about simply leaving makes it even more possible, because as a very spiritual man, you would have an "instinctive" reaction to get away from someone like that. I have heard that it is hard to confront a demonic spirit when you are a holy person. Am I crazy here? I have never really posted anything like this, but it hit me so strongly I just could not keep it to myself.

14. padraig

padraig Powers

The morning after I sprinkled blessed salt and placed a St benedicts Medal under her desk ,Connie she phoned in sick for three days and has not been back since. Last week she phoned in sick again and so she has booked of for about three weeks now. I have the strange feeling she will never be back. Of course it could be a conicidence but the odds of this happening must be hundreds to one.

Its hard to know sometimes what is going on behind the veil. I always look for natural explanations first off and only after exhausting them do I look ofr supernatural or praternatural explanations. But in this case I do, really, believe that there was something praternatural going on. Her reactions to me were really weird, on a few occasions she went really quite hysterical round me.

But I always thought maybe it was because ,maybe I am a man and do not understand women and was doing something realy wrong without knowing it. But I always got along very,very well indeed with the other ladies....so. Also towards the end she was working far, far more in trying to stir up trouble for me than she was actually working, so much energy and hard work being employed, it just did not seem natural to me.

Or course I know we must avoid being paranoid or imagining this are not there, but I am pretty sure something very spooky was going on there...

I don't mean any harm to her and I have been praying for her, but I must admit, I really, really wish she may never come back.

15. MomsCalling

Wow...you know, that is quite a story now. It also argues for the power of blessed articles on our persons and in our homes. Everyone in my family has received them from me whether they want them or not! A prayer answered too, that you will not have to leave your job that you enjoy. That is a very important part of this turnaround. And you keep saying that it could be a coincidence, well, more and more I am beginning to believe that there are far less coincidences going on around us than we think...

16. Mario

Mario Powers

It's been awhile but I have not forgotten! :wink: To begin to grasp the how of executing the sentence one must step out of his/her Anglo-Saxon cultural mindset and think...I guess Latino! :D Well here goes...

As I mentioned earlier, executing the sentence finds it’s inspiration in Psalm 149, conveying the idea that we, as children of God, possess authority to confront the enemy:

8 to bind their kings with chains and their nobles with fetters of iron, 9 to execute on them the judgment written! This is glory for all his faithful ones. Praise the LORD!

In his instruction Father Rick Thomas was clear. Executing the sentence is not on par with exorcism. That is reserved for Mother Church and specially trained priests. Rather, the purpose here is to vocally speak the truth of God’s Word to a particular audience because the Word of God cannot return to Him void:

Isaiah 55:11…so shall my word be that goes forth from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and prosper in the thing for which I sent it.

This wonderful priest described how the prayer teams would stand in the courtyard of Mexican prisons, which are not the most sanitary or receptive places on planet Earth when it comes to preaching the Gospel. Prisoners would be yelling obscenities and throwing urine out of their windows. Yet, after fifteen minutes of executing the sentence, their audience would be calmed down and their hearts more malleable.

The reality is that demons hate the truth and when the Word of truth is vocally and consistently proclaimed by God’s prayer-soaked Faithful, the enemy scatters and cannot distract or incite the prisoners as they are accustomed:

Psalm 68:1...Let God arise, let his enemies be scattered; let those who hate him flee before him! 2 As smoke is driven away, so drive them away; as wax melts before fire, let the wicked perish before God!

And so, the prayer teams would recite appropriate verses from the Scriptures in repetition over a period of time. Think in terms of the fifty Hail Marys in a five-decade Rosary. The difference between the two is that the verses are proclaimed clearly and authoritatively. They are not yelled, but they are prayed to be heard.

An example:

Deut 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is LORD alone; 5 and you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength.

We modified this slightly to fit our audience as you shall see in my story below:

Deut 6:4 "Hear, O Men of Syracuse: The LORD our God is LORD alone; 5 and you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength.

Another example is Jeremiah 51:44:

And I will punish Bel in Babylon, and take out of his mouth what he has swallowed.

Before setting out on mission, Father Rick encouraged those who were to participate to go to the Sacrament of Penance and on route to the site to travel together praying the Holy Rosary. He said warfare requires soldiers to be prepared and in shape spiritually.

In my next post I'll share our lived-out experience outside a homeless shelter where we prayed for three successive evenings.

Safe in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!

17. padraig

padraig Powers

]

You know, Terry I had not heard of this before. Its interesting that you should be writing about this on the Feast of the Holy Name, the Holy Name at at which utterance the demons flee.

9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
    and gave him the name that is above every name,
    10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
    in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

[​IMG]

18. MomsCalling

Hey, I saw Medjugorje on EWTN tonight! That doesn't happen too often (yet), but they were recapping events of 2010 and mentioned that the Vatican had started the new Commission in March...anyway it was neat to see St. James Church on the big screen!

19. padraig

padraig Powers

I would love it if the Commission got their fingers out and hurried things along.......but.................. :roll:

20. MomsCalling

......something has to come "true" first. Fr. Petar's announcements - and then they need to happen......then the Vatican will begin to act, I am sure. So we will see, soon.