The Autumn?

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by padraig, Jun 16, 2020.

1. AED

AED Powers

I love this song. I went through a period of playing all the versions of it I could find.

Sam and Booklady like this.
  2. AED

AED Powers

Thank you Padraig. This is a battle to the death I fear. Fr Shannon Collins on sensus fidellium just uploaded a wonderful talk called "Trump contra mundum"--after Athanasius contra mundum. (Athanasius against the world) it's a great talk on St Athanasius and then he compares DJT and our situation.

Heidi, Sam, Booklady and 1 other person like this.
  3. Indy

Indy Praying

One of the first tunes I ever learned on the tin whistle, though I wish I could play it like Finbarr Fury.

About autumn, I think I mentioned elsewhere about the storm we had in Ireland a month or so ago after a very fine spell. The day after I was talking to my mother and she showed me all the flowers that were blown off the the holly and apple trees, something which we never saw before this time of year, then I felt a message that it was a forewarning of a bigger storm coming this autumn\winter. We are so lucky to have Our Holy Mother though.

Sunnyveil, Jo M, Mary's child and 5 others like this.
  4. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Probably did:ROFLMAO::D:LOL:

Jo M, Booklady and AED like this.
  5. AED

AED Powers

Well said Terry. I am of this mind as well. And our black berries are going crazy. Also our grapes.

Jo M, Booklady and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  6. Indy

Indy Praying

This is a wonderful thread.

Jo M, Catherine L, Booklady and 2 others like this.
  7. Booklady

Booklady Archangels

Posted by Padraig above...
    Father Michel Rodrigue, 2020 (YouTube, Queen of Peace Media)
    "Fighting against each other for Political reasons"
    And elsewhere he states:
    "The times are urgent. [...] The persecution of Christians, which has already begun, person to person through ridicule and accusation, will come from laws that are lawlessness. You will not be able to follow these laws in good conscience, so persecution will then fall under civil authority."

Well, just in time the Supreme Court of the United States has done just that, made a law that supports lawlessness, one that Christians in good conscience will not be able to adopt, and thus we will be persecuted.

Jackie, Sunnyveil, Jo M and 3 others like this.
  8. AED

AED Powers

This is powerful.

9. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Thank you Padraig. We love you as well:love:

AED, Jo M, Catherine L and 2 others like this.
  10. Mario

Mario Powers

I 've got an idea, Padraig. Geralyn and I are still hoping to visit Ireland next year. Maybe we'll have our return flight fly out of Belfast. We'll kidnap you and bring you home with us. Then we'll have a big party. There are a lot of members and ex-members within a 10-hr drive of our home. If we fly back Friday and have the party on Saturday, you can fly back home on Sunday after Holy Mass and be at work Monday morn. If you keep me talking, it just might happen! Oops! Wait a minute- Geralyn, would you mind if...:LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::coffee:

11. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Father Altier is a awesome priest I know. His homilies are 2nd to none. Was at his parish last year.

Jackie, SgCatholic, Indy and 5 others like this.
  12. Heidi

Heidi Archangels

I agree! I have some exorcized salt from him.

AED and Catherine L like this.
  13. padraig

padraig New Member

You'd have to slip me by the FBI and your National Security Council.:) \The last time I applied to enter the USA under Obama our local Consular (a wonderful Catholic Lady who checked out this site and approved me for a Visa) I got passed on to a Heads of Department Security meeting in Washington.

I suspect the British Security Service stuck in a no nay never.:):)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    Sam, AED, HeavenlyHosts and 1 other person like this.
  14. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

padraig likes this.
  15. Catherine L

Catherine L Angels

I agree, yes ... he is a good solid Catholic priest. He was one of the 4 priests who went with large group and I on a (2 coach buses full) trip to the 1993 World Youth Day in Denver, CO. He was also on the committee to helping out with the 1993 (or was it 1994?) St. Paul, MN Marian Catholic conference at the Xcel Energy Center stadium. (I also was one of the volunteers to help with the special needs for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing participants and wheelchair seating accommodations for this conference.)
    Off and on, I've gone to confessions and Mass at St.
    Agnes church where Fr. was at...Now, he is at St. Raphael's church. I love his homilies!
    Last March, on the 18th, I had appointment scheduled with him for a general confession...then later in the afternoon on same day, is when Archbishop announce closing of churches for state of MN. Talk about timing, wow!
    After confession, I also had Fr. Altier to do exorcism of holy water, salt and oil (and blessings on some sacramentals) for me. During our conversation, Fr. made a comment like, "Interesting times we're in now, huh?" I said, "Yes, indeed." He then ended with, "I feel it is going to be very soon." I replied, "I feel it, too."
    God bless Fr. Altier and other priests like him. Prayers needed for all shepherds, like Mother Mary says! +++

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    Jackie, Sam, Tanker and 3 others like this.
  16. padraig

padraig New Member

Did you know Julia this song was written quite recently by a guy from my home city? :):) Love it.

I was praying for your sister Ann tonight.:) Have a few more masses said. This is always a good thing.;)

Byron and Julia like this.
  17. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

Thank you and God bless you for remembering Anne. We are gathering as a family to attend Holy Mass for Anne, parked in our cars at 10 am Sunday 21st June. Other Holy Masses are going up too. My husband and I are making a Nine day Novena for the repose of her soul also. Gregorian Masses are on the cards as well.

I remember you saying a while back, The days of Elijah was a song written by a Christian from your home town. I honestly believe this song is prophetic. In reply to your post saying how you would love to go and support our brothers and sisters in USA, I thought send in the troops, the Marines.

May God continue to bless America.

Sam, AED, padraig and 3 others like this.
  18. padraig

padraig New Member

'Aid to the Church in Need' does great deals of Gregorian Masses.:)

I must get round to getting some done myself. I keep meaning too and forgetting.

https://acnuk.org/

Julia, Sam, Beth B and 1 other person like this.
  19. AED

AED Powers

That is scary. Big brother's ugly shadow.

Beth B likes this.
  20. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Ohhh that’s sooooo good! Thanks for the chuckle JoM!!!

HeavenlyHosts, Jo M and AED like this.