Stupid Washing Machine!

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by RosaryWielder, Nov 4, 2021.

1. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

The boiling water helped me unclog a sink….after using the vinegar and baking soda. Although it took three attempts! Once didn’t do it. I was at it for three to four hours.

RosaryWielder likes this.
  2. Christy Beth

Christy Beth Archangels

I guess the first time I tried it, I got lucky. Of course, it caused another problem when I was finished. Once the clog was gone, I found out that the pipe had a leak. So I had to call the office to get someone to fix that. Of course, they didn't believe me when I said the pipe was rusted through in the one spot. I told them twice that it was the pipe and not the joint. Whatever. I guess being a woman meant that I couldn't possibly tell the difference. I was just glad the line was unclogged. At this apartment, I tried that with limited luck. I finally had to use a plunger to get it to open up properly. No problems since then.

Beth B and RosaryWielder like this.
  3. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Hoping to get into the Illuminative stage soon.

It seems that the machine is having trouble spinning, it’ll turn when washing but when it drains, it won’t spin; does anyone know how to fix that? Is it an issue with the pump, or something else?

DesertStar7 likes this.
  4. "Quis ut Deus"

"Quis ut Deus" Powers Staff Member

whats the make and model....as I said in my first reply I really do think your brushes are wearing out ...

RosaryWielder likes this.
  5. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Hoping to get into the Illuminative stage soon.

It’s an LG washer dryer. If it is the brushes, how do I replace them?

"Quis ut Deus" likes this.
  6. "Quis ut Deus"

easy enough fix the brushes are on the motor of the machine, its possible that one of them might have got stuck as they are spring loaded either way a cheap enough fix shouldnt cost any more than a few dollars

HeavenlyHosts and Mario like this.
  7. "Quis ut Deus"

Just curious but could you do a test wash ,,put the machine on a wash or spin cycle without any clothes in the machine...if its spins it may well be the belt has started to wear so when the machine is loaded the belts slipping..if it is the belt thats an easy fix as well.

***Edited to add***

I just noted that your washing machine is a washer/dryer..please be very careful if the drum isnt turning when drying clothes. the fan blade that blows on the heater element is connected to the drum belt if the fan doesnt turn the heater element wont be cooled which will cause a fire inside the machine.......