Starting to reclaim my masculinity

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by RosaryWielder, Sep 17, 2018.

  1. RosaryWielder

    RosaryWielder Founder of Claritas

    Because of my sexual perversion, and struggle with sins in general among many other issues, I haven’t really formed my masculinity that much. However I’ve recently making improvements in combating sin, and getting custody of my thoughts and imagination and have started to advance towards acquiring virtue and out of, merely staying out of mortal sin.

    Today, I stumbled across the Hymno a Cristo Rey, and it really inspired to start working on forming masculinity. I’d like prayers that I can really start working on this and advancing more in virtue.

    I’ll try and discuss some more areas in which I can work on this tomorrow, if I have time, there are a few things I need to take care of first. For now, here’s hymno a Cristo Rey:


    Hymno a Cristo Rey

    Un grito de guerra se escucha en la faz de la tierra
    Y en todo lugar.
    Los prestos guerreros empuñan su espada
    Y se enlistan para pelear.
    Para eso han sido entrenados.
    Defenderán la Verdad.
    Y no les será arrebatado
    El fuego que en su sangre está.

    Viva Cristo Rey. Viva Cristo Rey.
    El grito de guerra que enciende la tierra.
    Viva Cristo Rey. Nuestro soberano Señor.
    Nuestro Capitán y Campeón.
    Pelear por Él es todo un honor.

    Sabemos que esta batalla no es fácil
    Y muchos se acobardarán.
    Y bajo los dardos de nuestro enemigo
    Sin duda perecerán.
    Yo tendré mi espada en alto
    Como la usa mi Señor.
    A Él nada lo ha derrotado.
    Su fuerza es la de Dios.

    Viva Cristo Rey. Viva Cristo Rey.
    El grito de guerra que enciende la tierra.
    Viva Cristo Rey. Nuestro soberano Señor.
    Nuestro Capitán y Campeón.
    Pelear por Él es todo un honor.

    No conocemos mayor alegría,
    No existe más honroso afán,
    Que con mis hermanos estar en la línea
    Y juntos la vida entregar.
    A Él que merece la gloria
    Y nos recluto por amor.
    Ante Él la rodilla se dobla
    Y se postra el corazón.

    Viva Cristo Rey. Viva Cristo Rey.
    El grito de guerra que enciende la tierra.
    Viva Cristo Rey. Nuestro soberano Señor.
    Nuestro Capitán y Campeón.
    Pelear por Él es todo un honor.

    Viva Cristo Rey.
    El grito de guerra que enciende la tierra.
    Viva Cristo Rey. Nuestro soberano Señor.
    Nuestro Capitán y Campeón.
    Pelear por Él es todo un honor.
    Pelear por Él es todo un honor.

    English Translation

    A rallying cry for war is heard on Earth
    And everywhere.
    The warriors are ready holding their swords
    And enlisting to fight.
    They were trained for this.
    They will defend the Truth,
    And the fire that burns in their blood
    Will not be extinguished.

    Viva Cristo Rey. Viva Cristo Rey.
    This is the war's rally cry that inflames the earth.
    Viva Cristo Rey. Our sovereign Lord.
    Our Captain and Champion.
    To fight for Him is a great honor.

    We know that this battle is not easy
    And many will cower,
    And under the bullets of our enemy
    They shall surely perish.
    I will raise my sword aloft highly
    As my Lord uses it.
    No one ever defeats Him.
    He has the force of God.

    Viva Cristo Rey. Viva Cristo Rey.
    This is the war's rally cry that inflames the earth.
    Viva Cristo Rey. Our sovereign Lord.
    Our Captain and Champion.
    To fight for Him is a great honor.

    We know no greater joy,
    No more honorable endeavor exists,
    Than to be on the front with my brothers,
    And deliver our lives together
    For the One who deserves glory,
    And has recruited us through love.
    Before Him all knees bend
    And all hearts bow.

    Viva Cristo Rey. Viva Cristo Rey.
    This is the war's rally cry that inflames the earth.
    Viva Cristo Rey. Our sovereign Lord.
    Our Captain and Champion.
    To fight for Him is a great honor.

    Viva Cristo Rey.
    This is the war's rally cry that inflames the earth.
    Viva Cristo Rey. Our sovereign Lord.
    Our Captain and Champion.
    To fight for Him is a great honor.
    To fight for Him is a great honor.
     
    Mario, Carol55, Tanker and 2 others like this.
  2. Don_D

    Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

    Keep up the good fight Rosary Wielder, it sounds like you are making progress and God is granting you grace in your endeavor. Truly, through Our Lord all things are possible.
     
  3. HeavenlyHosts

    HeavenlyHosts Powers

    Praying for you, RW! Keep up the good work, Don is right!
     
    RosaryWielder and gracia like this.
  4. Don_D

    Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

    I prayed for you at Mass RW and I will remember you in my morning devotions. Remember always, God is all powerful. When the enemy comes to tempt you if you relent he will then accuse you. Call on the Mercy and Grace of God the Father to strengthen you. Call on Jesus to defend and keep you. It is only by His grace that we persevere.
    I use songs such as the one you posted to combat the enemy. This has helped me greatly when the accuser comes. I sing them to myself.
    Also, if you do not fast already I think you could benefit greatly from it and it is a way to develop discipline which is masculine and good. Start by giving up something such as meat on Friday and in your morning prayers offer this up to God.
     
    HeavenlyHosts and RosaryWielder like this.
  5. HeavenlyHosts

    HeavenlyHosts Powers

    Abstinence from meat on Friday is very old time and holy
     
    RosaryWielder likes this.
  6. Don_D

    Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

    I began fasting this way by giving up meat on Friday with my family. God granted us the Grace for this lest we think our own merits have anything to do with it. But, this led to fasting more devoutly on my part a few days per week for Christ's Church. God has granted me some Graces in this regard also and this has led to some incredible personal graces in regard to prayer and study. So much so that I look forward now to these days although they are of course hard on the flesh. I noticed as well that the attacks of the enemy are not nearly as severe now but at first it actually worsened. This gave me hope because I knew if things worsened as a result this means that it is an affront on the enemy. It has been much better since then.

    I see now why the Church has historically promoted the value of fasting. It is disappointing that it has become so lax in today's Church. It is a great weapon that is easily overlooked.
     
    HeavenlyHosts and RosaryWielder like this.
  7. HeavenlyHosts

    HeavenlyHosts Powers

    We receive some of those graces you speak of, Don. We get creative with meatless meals, and fortunately, there are a lot of foods which lend themselves to this abstinence from meat. During Lent, our parish has a meatless meal after a 6 pm Mass on Fridays and the ladies come up with stuff like meatless tortellini soup which you do not recognize as having no meat broth. LOL I guess they use veggie broth.
    There is always a loaf of bread and peanut butter and jelly!
     
    RosaryWielder likes this.

Share This Page