Signs

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by themilitantcatholic, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Muzhik

Muzhik Powers

Reminds me of something I read just yesterday; an interview with Bernard Nathanson, the abortionist who did the most to bring abortion to America. The interview was done after he had changed his mind on abortion and began working with the pro-life movement, but before he became a Catholic. He said one of the things that got him to change his mind was actually going to see one of the protests blocking the entrance to an abortion clinic. Here were all these pro-abortion advocates, their faces twisted with hate, shouting hate at the protesters; all these police who were preparing to arrest them, all this rage directed at them; ... and in the midst of this, knowing they were about to be arrested, these protesters were smiling. They were singing. They were praying. And the fact that they were so calm at that time got him to start questioning his positions, and led him to rejecting abortion.

Te Deum, AED, Heidi and 2 others like this.
  2. Donna259

Donna259 Archangels

yes, I often think of that opposing situation....

AED likes this.
  3. AED

AED Powers

Like the early Christians. So many pagans were converted by their peace and joy in the face of hatred.

Mario likes this.
  4. AED

AED Powers

Imagine hating so much you have to disrupt a sacred liturgy--all to maintain the right to murder babies.

Donna259 and Advocata Nostra like this.
  5. Indy

Indy Praying

Can it get any more warped!

AED and Donna259 like this.
  6. Christy1983

Christy1983 Guest

Nebraska Catholic priest who boasted about performing exorcism at the Capitol during the riots faces expulsion from the church

• By Megan Sheets For Dailymail.com
    • The Rev David Fulton, a pastor at two churches in Nebraska, was among the thousands of Trump supporters who protested at the US Capitol on January 6
    • Footage shows Fulton speaking to a videographer about how he performed an exorcism inside the Capitol moments earlier
    • He said he was trying to rid the building of a demon named 'Baphomet' who he said is 'dissolving the country'
    • The Archdiocese of Omaha condemned Fulton's involvement in the riots but said he has not been sanctioned or punished
    • The archdiocese also noted that Fulton is not a trained exorcist
    A Catholic priest from Nebraska who boasted about performing an 'exorcism' at the US Capitol during the January 6 MAGA riots is facing calls to be defrocked.

Video showed the Rev David Fulton speaking to a filmmaker, Eddie Becker, about how he performed the exorcism on a demon named 'Baphomet' who he said is 'dissolving the country' as he stood in a sea of President Donald Trump's supporters.

Fulton, who was wearing a clerical collar, identifies himself as a 'Roman Catholic' from Nebraska and holds up a book entitled: 'Minor Exorcisms and Deliverance Prayers in Latin and in English'.

'Got this going,' he says, pointing to the book. 'Got these exorcism prayers going, there's priests that're using them.'

The priest went on to explain how he'd carried out the exorcism, saying: 'We'll see, we'll see what effect [it had].'

The video was exposed in an article by the Omaha World-Herald, which reported that parishioners are now demanding that Fulton be stripped of his priestly title over his involvement in the insurrection and the comments he made when he was there.

Fulton, who is a pastor at St Michael's Catholic Church in Central City and St Peter's Catholic Church in Fullerton, claimed in the video that he learned about the demon 'Baphomet' from Chad Ripperger, a priest and self-proclaimed exorcist with ties to Nebraska.

A priest by the same name made headlines last November after live-streaming exorcisms aimed at rooting out 'voter fraud' on YouTube.

Fulton echoed unfounded claims of voter fraud during his conversation with Becker as he praised the 'awesome' crowd gathered in DC.

'It's good to see so many people who care about the country, concerned about the country, people who know about what's going on, the obvious steal,' Fulton said.

'And hopefully we'll be able to take this into our local communities and do something.'

The chancellor for the Archdiocese of Omaha, Deacon Tim McNeil, reacted to Becker's video by saying Fulton's comments do not reflect the views of the archdiocese - and emphasizing that Fulton is not a 'trained exorcist'.

McNeil said he was informed of Fulton's presence at the Capitol riots a few days after he returned home.

When asked by church officials if he had entered the Capitol illegally, Fulton said he left before any violence broke out and didn't learn about it until he returned to his hotel, McNeil said.

That account doesn't match the video, in which Fulton directly indicates that he had been inside the Capitol as he stands among the chaotic crowds.

After viewing the video, church officials asked Fulton about his exorcism comments, according to a statement from the archdiocese.

'Fr. Fulton has since clarified that, contrary to his YouTube interview, he did not attempt a formal exorcism, but led others in prayer,' the statement said.

'Fr. Fulton should not have claimed to have special and particular knowledge about demonic activity.'

'The Rite of Exorcism may only be performed by a priest duly trained and appointed by his bishop.'

The archdiocese said that Fulton was not sanctioned or punished for attending the riots or purporting to perform an exorcism.

'Got this going,' he says, pointing to the book. 'Got these exorcism prayers going, there's priests that're using them.'

The priest went on to explain how he'd carried out the exorcism, saying: 'We'll see, we'll see what effect [it had].'

The video was exposed in an article by the Omaha World-Herald, which reported that parishioners are now demanding that Fulton be stripped of his priestly title over his involvement in the insurrection and the comments he made when he was there.

[​IMG]
    +6
    Video shows the Rev David Fulton, a pastor at two churches in central Nebraska, talking about how he performed an 'exorcism' at the US Capitol during the January 6 MAGA riots

[​IMG]
    +6
    Fulton is seen speaking to videographer Eddie Becker about his purported exorcism on a demon named Baphomet who he said is 'dissolving the country'.

[​IMG]
    +6
    As he speaks Fulton holds up a book entitled: 'Minor Exorcisms and Deliverance Prayers in Latin and in English'

Fulton, who is a pastor at St Michael's Catholic Church in Central City and St Peter's Catholic Church in Fullerton, claimed in the video that he learned about the demon 'Baphomet' from Chad Ripperger, a priest and self-proclaimed exorcist with ties to Nebraska.

A priest by the same name made headlines last November after live-streaming exorcisms aimed at rooting out 'voter fraud' on YouTube.

Fulton echoed unfounded claims of voter fraud during his conversation with Becker as he praised the 'awesome' crowd gathered in DC.

'It's good to see so many people who care about the country, concerned about the country, people who know about what's going on, the obvious steal,' Fulton said.

'And hopefully we'll be able to take this into our local communities and do something.'

Fulton is a pastor at St Michael's Catholic Church in Central City and St Peter's Catholic Church in Fullerton, according to the Omaha World-Herald

The chancellor for the Archdiocese of Omaha, Deacon Tim McNeil, reacted to Becker's video by saying Fulton's comments do not reflect the views of the archdiocese - and emphasizing that Fulton is not a 'trained exorcist'.

McNeil said he was informed of Fulton's presence at the Capitol riots a few days after he returned home.

When asked by church officials if he had entered the Capitol illegally, Fulton said he left before any violence broke out and didn't learn about it until he returned to his hotel, McNeil said.

That account doesn't match the video, in which Fulton directly indicates that he had been inside the Capitol as he stands among the chaotic crowds.

After viewing the video, church officials asked Fulton about his exorcism comments, according to a statement from the archdiocese.

'Fr. Fulton has since clarified that, contrary to his YouTube interview, he did not attempt a formal exorcism, but led others in prayer,' the statement said.

'Fr. Fulton should not have claimed to have special and particular knowledge about demonic activity.'

'The Rite of Exorcism may only be performed by a priest duly trained and appointed by his bishop.'

The archdiocese said that Fulton was not sanctioned or punished for attending the riots or purporting to perform an exorcism.

'Fulton did not break any civil or ecclesial laws while in Washington, DC,' the statement read. 'He attended the rally as a private citizen.'

But McNeil said that Fulton showed 'poor judgment', and that Omaha Archbishop George Lucas was 'very upset' with the priest.

'He should not have been there dressed as a priest. It was a misuse of his priestly ministry,' Lucas told the World-Herald via McNeil.

'Whether or not Fr. Fulton broke any laws, I condemn his participation in the event in the strongest terms.'

Rest of article at: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...captured-video-saying-performed-exorcism.html

7. Indy

Indy Praying

If the Latin mass ends that could only spell the end or all out devastation in the world.

Anyone feed this was only a matter of time away.

AED likes this.
  8. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

I bet the Sanhedrin said the same thing about the destruction of the temple. Rather than being grafted in they spent centuries kicking the goad against God's church.
    It will only be a matter of time if all it does is continue to sow discord and division in the church. It is also fitting that the black nobility gave so much support to AB LeFebvre and here we are decades later with followers pushing for a return to monarchy.
    I wonder why many Eucharistic miracles have occurred in parishes where the Novus Ordo is celebrated. Why if the Novus Ordo was good enough for the likes of Mother Theresa and Saint John Paul II is it not also enough for us as well to be Saints in each of our vocations.

Byron, HeavenlyHosts, Mmary and 3 others like this.
  9. AED

AED Powers

I came to peace with this several years ago at an Ignatius retreat held by an FSSP priest. He was insistent that the NO was valid. Even back then when the English translation used all instead of many in the words if translation. He said the essential words are "this is My Body, this is My Blood"
    Now this does not include gross distortions in the NO that leave us wondering---of the use of matter that is not pure wheat and pure wine. But a NO celebrated reverently at this point in time is valid and I for one have received many graces from my presence there. Including a powerful spiritual dream many years ago where I saw the table used for daily Mass at my then parish and the bronze crucifix on the altar. It began to glow and increase in size. There was more to the dream. Suffice it to say I cried out in this dream or visitation 'How can I thank You? How can I thank You?"and woke up with words exploding from my inmost soul "Introibo ad altare Dei".
    I will go to the altar of God! I can thank Him by attending Mass. At that time the NO. The words however come from the opening of the TLM. Lovely words. "What return can I make to the Lord for all He has Done for me? I will go to the altar of God. To God the joy of my youth."
    Do I prefer the TLM? Oh yes. Am I grateful that I still have access to Mass through the NO? Yes! Do I have a powerful encounter with Jesus at the humble pedestrian NO? Yes I do. This is just me. I am not exhorting anyone.. I spent a lot of time tortured by the fact i couldn't attend the TLM. Our Lady brought me the FSSP priest who set all my doubts and fears to rest If I had access to the TLM be sure I would be there. It is a glorious grace filled liturgy of the ages. But my situation makes it very hard to be there.

BTW what is the black nobility?

Byron, Sam, HeavenlyHosts and 3 others like this.
  10. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

I actually prefer to attend the ordinary mass. The mass which has worked to bring Christians together from centuries of separation. Which is helping to heal the wounds between East and West and helping to bring dialogue to all Christian, Jewish, and Muslim faiths in hope of better understanding one another, sharing the gospel, and living in peace until such time that God fulfills His promise and grafts those in who are left.
    I have received many graces since being welcomed into the Church and confirmed.
    The Black nobility stretches back centuries and there is much written about it online. In the modern sense it was a group of noble families within the church who took issue with Vatican II (actually many probably took issue with Vatican I as well) and began an organized resistance. So some threw their considerable support behind AB Lefebve in the 70's. It was made up of several families who were the recipients of many titles and honors. Support behind AB Lefebve was lead publicly by Princess Elvina Pallavicini.
    Much of what the SSPX and Sedvacantists claim today as the fruits of VII are anything but a result of it. The leading modernists in the church were censored after the council by Saint JP II and Cardinal Ratzinger prior to this censure (among others) broke away from them formally as well due to their desire for unbridled ongoing modernism which was never the goal of the counsel. Their supporters in the priesthood ran wild with all sorts of novelties. Most of which are thankfully things of the past but are used time and again as evidence of a "bad" council.
    I have linked to an article which is posted on several SSPX webpages across the internet because they seem to be quite proud of their resistance.

http://www.robertodemattei.it/en/20...holic-resistance-princess-elvina-pallavicini/

Clare A and Byron like this.
  11. andree

andree Archangels

sparrow likes this.
  12. any name you wish

any name you wish Archangels

sparrow likes this.
  13. Katfalls

Katfalls Powers

sparrow likes this.
  14. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Sam, DeGaulle, AED and 3 others like this.
  15. sparrow

sparrow Exitus ~ Reditus

Interesting timing wouldn't you say???

16. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

I have been thinking that as well. Yet supposedly they will continue working together with their foundation.

For it to go public NOW is very interesting. Clearly they have been proceeding with it long before this.

One might question they have accomplished a goal???

sparrow likes this.
  17. andree

andree Archangels

That is what crossed my mind too. They are poised to control part of the world, at least Bill seems to be in that position - and now in a divorce he would have to split his fortune estimated at $130 billion. Some articles are saying there was no prenuptial agreement. I've read in the past that among the "elite" very top crust, there is no divorce possible - once married in those families, it's til death do you part. Apparently, women aren't treated too well in those ranks, but then Bill isn't at the very top of the heap... unless it's a financial ruse?

It's probably not entirely right to speculate on this, but I can't help it (May God forgive me). I did offer them up at mass this morning, asking the Lord to penetrate where He can.

18. Jason Fernando

Jason Fernando Archangels

Not surprised. Bill Gates has been hot in the news lately, being reported that he was a frequent visitor in Epstein Island and regularly meets Jeffrey Epstein. Melinda Gates must have been bombarded with all those gossips/news by her friends since last year.