Signs

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by themilitantcatholic, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

Yes, thanks for sharing it dcana. It's been picking up real steam especially since Pope Benedict XVI but it is incredibly confusing of course.
    Something unrelated but I find interesting that I was thinking about after reading Pope Benedict's exhortation on the imposition of the pallium and conferral of the fishermans ring in 2005.
    When he asked everyone to pray for him; "Pray for me, that I may not flee for fear of the wolves." We all have thought about that statement and it has been used a bazillion times in all the pondering on his resignation and the events leading up to it.
    When I read that this evening it crossed my mind that Adolf Hitlers first name literally means noble or distinguished wolf.

Sam and Mary's child like this.
  2. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

Remember when this all began and they were calling covid19 by it's original name coronavirus the root word and meaning of which means crown. This was in the news and then all the sudden they started calling it covid19 when this was pointed out.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Isaiah 40
    [1] Be comforted, be comforted, my people, saith your God. [2] Speak ye to the heart of Jerusalem, and call to her: for her evil is come to an end, her iniquity is forgiven: she hath received of the hand of the Lord double for all her sins. [3] The voice of one crying in the desert: Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the wilderness the paths of our God. [4] Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low, and the crooked shall become straight, and the rough ways plain. [5] And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh together shall see, that the mouth of the Lord hath spoken.

Julia, HeavenlyHosts, Dolours and 2 others like this.
  3. Mario

Mario Powers

Thanks, Sam. My memorization of the Pater Noster has been proceeding at a snail's pace. With this video aide, I'll have it memorized by the weekend. If I master the Hail Mary and Glory Be next week and pray the Rosary in Latin during January, then by Lent, I'll be able to pray in both Latin and English at will.

Helps keep the brain cells from dying off!;):D:LOL:

O Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee!

4. Mario

Mario Powers

Hi Don,

Just wanted to say how much I enjoy your new signature!:):

Pope Benedict XVI 24 April 2005
    MASS, IMPOSITION OF THE PALLIUM
    AND CONFERRAL OF THE FISHERMAN'S RING
    FOR THE BEGINNING OF THE PETRINE MINISTRY
    OF THE BISHOP OF ROME
    Here I want to add something: both the image of the shepherd and that of the fisherman issue an explicit call to unity. “I have other sheep that are not of this fold; I must lead them too, and they will heed my voice. So there shall be one flock, one shepherd” (Jn 10:16); these are the words of Jesus at the end of his discourse on the Good Shepherd. And the account of the 153 large fish ends with the joyful statement: “although there were so many, the net was not torn” (Jn 21:11). Alas, beloved Lord, with sorrow we must now acknowledge that it has been torn! But no – we must not be sad! Let us rejoice because of your promise, which does not disappoint, and let us do all we can to pursue the path towards the unity you have promised. Let us remember it in our prayer to the Lord, as we plead with him: yes, Lord, remember your promise. Grant that we may be one flock and one shepherd! Do not allow your net to be torn, help us to be servants of unity!

5. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

I had a few dreams recently that gave me pause to reflect. In one, there was a major announcement about a monarchy that leaves people around the world speechless. I do not remember which, I wish that I had heard more but that was the extent of it. It was like hearing the TV in the background but not perfectly clearly. I didn't see anything I just heard the words and woke wonder what all that was about.

The other dream, may be related, I think that it is but I am not sure. The world was in a state of chaos with nations and peoples arguing and threatening each other. The UN and EU were being televised on basically all networks 24/7 and some sort of crisis was ensuing inside of both of them with people so angry nobody could even speak or address their members. It seemed as if both bodies would be undone and wars over territories would be inevitable.
    Amidst this Pope Francis announces something ex cathedra and the whole world erupts into condemnation with declarations of loyalty for and against the church and open condemnation of Pope Francis by world leaders. There were people being rounded up who refused to pledge loyalty for their nations leaders and decline to renounce the pope and church. It angered people within the church just as much as secular leaders. Everyone had to take a side, there was no allowance given for any who refused.

Indy, Julia, AED and 1 other person like this.
  6. andree

andree Archangels

Posting this so we watchers can keep abreast of the signs of the times. And this one leaves me speechless, aghast, stupefied, horrified and beyond. Just look at how low man has sunk.

Now we can shop by letting our DNA tell us what to buy, eat, wear, etc. I haven't read the fine print, but the DNA bracelet probably connects to wireless devices too.

Small changes, positive outcomes
    Behavioural change. It's hard. But what if the answer is in your own DNA? No more impossible diets or best intentions, just realistic, actionable, personal DNA-based recommendations, when you're shopping. This is DnaNudge.

How DnaNudge works
    Our capsule and App use your unique DNA to nudge you towards healthier choices when you're out shopping, by indicating red or green, simply by scanning the product barcode.

https://www.dnanudge.com/index.php

7. AED

AED Powers

Dear Jesus have mercy.

Sam, Jo M and andree like this.
  8. Mary's child

Mary's child Powers

:eek::eek::eek::confused:

Sam and Jo M like this.
  9. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

Not much different that those blood type diets IMO. Some of the science behind it is interesting but it is a little oracle-ish in this case.

10. andree

andree Archangels

True, but those diets probably were designed in part to get people to run the DNA tests in the first place. They are barcoding all DNA (using PCR to do it by the way) which means they want to collect blood to analyze and barcode DNA in the big database. As the elite don't like to pay for anything, they come up with ideas to get us to do it ourselves and foot the bill!

Sam, Beth B and AED like this.
  11. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

Yep, nothing nefarious going on there! lol. In the US they collect it at birth in most states.

12. Muzhik

Muzhik Powers

You mean, they're promoting being a vampire?

Sam likes this.
  13. Fede

Fede Archangels

Oh my goodness! Just easing the way to the chip!

AED likes this.
  14. padraig

padraig New Member

15. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

When aren't they? :)

16. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

Looks like some of those chickens are coming home to roost.

https://j4mb.org.uk/2021/01/09/anne...ying-row-that-threatens-schism-in-the-church/

Anne Dyer, 63, Anglican bishop of Aberdeen and Orkney, at centre of bullying row that threatens schism in the church

January 9, 2021 By Mike Buchanan 0 Comments

Feminists have come close to destroying the Church of England, we shouldn’t be surprised that they’re destroying other Christian churches too. A piece in today’s Times:

Scotland’s first woman bishop is at the centre of a “bullying” row that is threatening to cause a schism with the Episcopal Church.

The Rt Reverend Anne Dyer, 63, was consecrated as the Anglican bishop of Aberdeen and Orkney in 2018. The Scottish Episcopal Church has begun an investigation after she dismissed the musical director at her cathedral and suspended a high-profile priest.

Lord Glenarthur, a church member and a minister of state for Scotland in the Thatcher government, was so dismayed that he wrote to The Most Rev Mark Strange, primus of the Scottish Episcopal Church, urging him to intervene. He alleges that he was “deliberately misled” when he asked Bishop Dyer about recent developments and insisted that there was growing unease over her conduct.

Last year she and the other bishops from the country’s third largest Christian denomination took part in bullying awareness training after a report suggested that harassment was endemic within Scotland’s Anglican community. A survey found a “negative atmosphere which can foster bullying and harassment within the church” — with more than a third of clergy reporting being victimised.

The latest allegations emerged after Bishop Dyer oversaw the closure of St Andrew’s, Aberdeen’s Anglican cathedral, and a move to the city’s St Mary’s church — which has become a temporary cathedral — last year.

Christopher Cromar, the director of music at St Andrew’s, briefly continued his role at the new venue but was told by email in early October that his services were no longer required. It is understood that after a “robust” exchange of emails he was told he was no longer welcome at St Mary’s.

Despite this, Mr Cromar, a conductor and organist who has given recitals at Westminster Abbey, St Paul’s Cathedral and on Radio 4, attended the Sunday service on October 11. One member of the congregation and a friend of Mr Cromar said: “Chris wanted to let everyone know how he had been treated. After the mass had finished — at a point where people have previously been invited to have their say — he stood up. All he was able to say was ‘good morning’ before the organ started and he was drowned out.”

The next day Mr Cromar was accused of “aggressive and threatening behaviour” and conduct which risked bringing the church into disrepute.

Friends say he was ordered to return his key and told that the bishop never wanted to see or hear from him again.

Mr Cromar said he was unable to comment but a friend confirmed he had written to the primus. They said: “Chris was delighted that Bishop Mark had spoken out against bullying and stated it will no longer be tolerated within the church. He asked him for help and pointed out this is just the latest in the line of grievances where Bishop Anne Dyer is the common link. There are others who want to speak out but they are too frightened to challenge her.”

The Rev Isaac Poobalan, the Provost of St Andrew’s, who in 2013 invited Muslims to use his church hall for worship, was suspended shortly after Mr Cromar was relieved of his duties. Members of the congregation say he stood by the musical director. Mr Poobalan said: “An HR investigation is being carried out so I am unable to comment.”

Lord Glenarthur said Bishop Dyer assured him on October 13 that she had an excellent working relationship with Mr Cromar. He subsequently found out that on October 12 she had ordered Mr Cromar to never contact her again.

Lord Glenarthur said: “I have spoken to a number of clergy and lay people and there is a view that they are finding Bishop Anne increasingly difficult to deal with. The primus needs to recognise there is an enormous problem here. There is a real risk of fracture within the diocese.” Members of the congregation said plans to leave the Episcopal Church were being actively discussed. “As things stand the cathedral congregation will wish to seek separation,” one said.

After becoming bishop Ms Dyer claimed she had previously been subjected to sexist bullying and had faced opposition within the church because she supported gay rights.

The Scottish Episcopal Church said an independent human resources firm had been brought in to “investigate and provide potential solutions to the current issues surrounding the director of music and subsequent breakdown in working relationships”.

Bishop Anne Dyer has developed a reputation as a formidable feminist trailblazer [J4MB emphasis] who has been forced to develop a thick skin (Marc Horne writes).

Born in Yorkshire in 1957 she attended Bradford Girls’ Grammar School before studying chemistry at Oxford.

She worked as a business systems analyst for Unilever before becoming one of the first women to be ordained as a Church of England priest in 1994.

After serving as the first female principal of Cranmer Hall, the Anglican theological college in Durham, she moved north and made history when she became the Episcopal Bishop of Aberdeen and Orkney in 2018.

However, seven of the diocese’s 14 priests signed an open letter protesting against her appointment, claiming it was “divisive and disrespectful”. They objected to her support for same-sex marriage and claimed that she would be unable to carry out her duties properly — in an area with a large rural hinterland — as she could not drive.

The bishop faced down her critics and said she would no longer tolerate misogyny or bullying. “I was a good girl at university and I didn’t rock the boat,” she said. “These days, well these days I do.

“I’m only going to be bishop for a few years and I’m going to make it count.

“I will never, ever make the tea, one of the men can do that.”

She said that her favourite TV series was Game of Thrones and wished that more religious women would wear make-up.

After the closure of St Andrew’s, Aberdeen’s Anglican cathedral, she installed herself as provost of St Mary’s, the new acting regional seat of worship. Making it clear she would brook no dissent she sent out an email which read: “I am bishop — with all of my rights and authority, now and into the future.”

17. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 + To Jesus through Mary @-}--

I'll pray that she and other women will embrace true femininity, which doesn't always strive "to do everything a man can do."

Booklady likes this.
  18. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

Feminists act like men at our worst. The CoE is failing anyway, it won't be around much longer.

19. andree

andree Archangels

20. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

LOL! EXACTLY the kind of thing you get conned into right before you get sucker punched. What a loon. OTOH I bet congress thinks it's a marvelous idea. Funny, I wonder who exactly people worried about Trump nuking anyway. This is exactly why Trump should lay low and let them run with all this nonsense... It always ends up the same way, they ride right into it.

Knocked off horse.gif

Booklady, Mary's child, AED and 2 others like this.