Signs

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by themilitantcatholic, Sep 3, 2015.

1. An Guilbneach

An Guilbneach Mane Nobiscum Domine

Great to hear that Indy. Will pray for a good outcome. Keep up the good work.

Beth B, Byron and Indy like this.
  2. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

Great interview. Insane that it has come to this. Dr. E. Michael Jones I think really sums up this whole phenomenon quite well. We really can't expect much better when we have abandoned rationality. Mr Miller should be very grateful that there appear to still exist some in positions of trusted authority who still have not abandoned it.

Beth B, Byron, Julia and 1 other person like this.
  3. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2...-who-coronavirus-response-china/#.XsHdSmdYZ8S

Japan joins calls for probe into WHO's coronavirus response
    The WHO has been accused by U.S. and allies of turning a blind eye while China withheld information
    [​IMG]
    Prime Minister Shinzo Abe speaks during a news conference at the Prime Minister's Office in Tokyo on Thursday. Abe said the following day that Japan will call for an investigation into the World Health Organization's initial response to the coronavirus pandemic. | POOL / VIA AFP-JIJI
    • May 16, 2020
    Japan will call for an investigation into the World Health Organization’s initial response to the coronavirus pandemic, Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has said.

“With the European Union, (Japan) will propose that a fair, independent and comprehensive verification be conducted,” Abe said on an internet program Friday.

He said the proposal will be made at the WHO’s general assembly to begin Monday.

Foreign Minister Toshimitsu Motegi also said Friday that Japan is joining a chorus of calls for such an investigation, which should be conducted by an independent body.

“This disease has had a devastating impact on the entire world, and information must be shared between countries in a free, transparent and timely manner, lest we risk it spreading even more quickly,” Motegi said in a parliamentary session, in reference to COVID-19, the respiratory disease caused by the novel coronavirus.

“There’s a lot of discussion in the international community about precisely where the virus came from and the initial response,” he said. “There needs to be a thorough investigation, and it’s crucial that this be carried out by an independent body.”

A senior official with the Foreign Ministry, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said Japan plans to voice the view at an annual meeting of the WHO’s decision-making body to be held next week in a virtual setting.

The WHO has been accused by the United States and some of its allies of turning a blind eye while China withheld information that could have helped limit the spread of the virus after it was first reported in the city of Wuhan.

U.S. President Donald Trump has been one of the strongest critics of the WHO, saying it is “a puppet for China,” and has suspended funding to the Geneva-based U.N. agency.

WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus has rejected such accusations, urging countries not to politicize the virus that has now killed some 300,000 people worldwide.

Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison has also called for an investigation into the origin of the new coronavirus, standing his ground even as China announced plans to impose tariffs on Australian barley imports in a move many saw as retaliation.

While Japan is falling in line with such calls, Motegi also stressed during the meeting of the Lower House Foreign Affairs Committee that any inquiry should take place after the global pandemic subsides.

He did not specify which independent body he thinks should handle the task, saying at a news conference Friday that was something “for the relevant countries to discuss.”

Beth B, Byron, Carol55 and 3 others like this.
  4. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

So today in Bejing the communists in the HK legislative body forcefully physically removed the pro-democracy lawmakers and then took a vote and elected a pro-communist chair of a key committee that oversees bills while men held the doors shut.

https://www.local10.com/news/world/...akers-clash-as-pro-beijing-camp-elects-chair/

Hong Kong lawmakers clash as pro-Beijing camp elects chair

HONG KONG – Clashes broke out in Hong Kong’s legislature Monday for a second time this month as a pro-Beijing lawmaker was elected as chair of a key committee that scrutinizes bills, ending a prolonged struggle for control with the pro-democracy camp.

The legislature’s House Committee, which vets bills and decides when to present them for a final vote, had been without a chairperson for more than six months. The central government in Beijing criticized deputy chairperson and pro-democracy lawmaker Dennis Kwok for deliberately delaying matters and causing a backlog of bills that affect public interest.

Kwok was replaced Friday by Chan Kin-por, who was appointed by the legislature’s president to preside over Monday’s election. After scuffles and shouting matches, leading to Chan ejecting most of the pro-democracy lawmakers, the election took place with pro-Beijing lawmaker Starry Lee winning easily.

Her election will likely speed up the passing of a controversial bill that would criminalize abuse of the Chinese national anthem. Hong Kong’s chief executive Carrie Lam said last week that passing the bill was a priority for the government, and the bill will be presented to the committee on May 27.

At Monday’s meeting, pro-democracy lawmakers held up placards that read “Abuse of Power” and “CCP tramples HK legislature,” referring to the China's ruling Communist Party. Within minutes, at least five lawmakers were ejected for disorderly behavior, with at least one lying injured on the ground as the meeting was briefly suspended.

“Hong Kong is marching towards the beginning of the end of ‘one country, two systems’,” said pro-democracy lawmaker Claudia Mo after the meeting ended.

The former British colony was returned to China in 1997 under a one country, two systems framework that gives Hong Kong its own legal system and greater rights than in the mainland.

Mo urged the Hong Kong people to vote out those who “don’t care about Hong Kong’s future” in the legislative elections in September.

Pro-democracy lawmaker Tanya Chan accused security guards of Hong Kong’s legislature of “losing their impartiality,” after the security guards surrounded the bench where the chairperson was seated and prevented pro-democracy lawmakers from getting close.

Pro-Beijing lawmaker Martin Liao said the opposition camp had “assaulted some of the security officers,” and disrupted “legitimate” election proceedings.

Lawmakers clashed over the same issue on May 8, when Lee occupied the chairperson’s seat more than an hour before the meeting was scheduled to start, saying that external legal counsel had advised that she had the power to preside over House Committee meetings.

Pro-democracy lawmakers accused her of abusing her power and staged a walkout, leaving Lee and the pro-Beijing camp to clear several bills.

Also Monday, 15 pro-democracy figures, including media tycoon Jimmy Lai, appeared in court to face charges relating to anti-government protests last year over a controversial extradition bill that has since been withdrawn. The bill would have allowed residents of the semi-autonomous Chinese territory to be sent to mainland to stand trial and sparked months of protests.

___

Associated Press journalist Alice Fung contributed to this report.

Byron and Tanker like this.
  5. AED

AED Powers

It's coming.! On it!

Beth B likes this.
  6. Mario

Mario Powers

I'll get right on it, Indy!:notworthy:

O Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee!

Beth B, Indy and AED like this.
  7. Tanker

Tanker Powers

Welcome to communism. And our younger generations are lining up for this kind of thing happening here. They have to get rid of us old people and us patriots that still think. Praying for the people of Hong Kong.

8. Shae

Shae Powers

Beth B, Carol55, djmoforegon and 2 others like this.
  9. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

I am reading the occasional report of declining sun-spot activity in the last two years, of course completely ignored by the mainstream media, still wrapped up in their COVID-obsession.

Solar activity in 2019 was devoid of sun-spots 77% of the time and so far this year has been for 76%. This conceivably suggests the possibility of entering into a cold period such as happened in the early nineteenth century, with a global drop in temperature of up to 2 degrees Celsius. Obviously, I don't need to spell out the implications to all the sensible people here, but it might be what is necessary to persuade the great number of lunatics and dupes that have been taken in by the global warming scam. With famines already threatening in much of the world, expect tough times if this is the future.

It confirms the diligent work of a lady, whose name escapes me, who has been studying this subject in the University of Northumberland for some years and has been predicting, on a solid scientific basis, just this outcome, while of course being completely ignored by the mainstream media and the scientific establishment.

Beth B, HeavenlyHosts, Byron and 4 others like this.
  10. AED

AED Powers

If it doesnt fit their narrative....
    I've read things about the influence of sun spots and solar storms etc on our climate. It is way more significant than carbon dioxide. I've wondered myself if we are heading back to a "little ice age" like the 400 years or so from 1400s to 1800s. People skated down the canals of Holland every winter. That hasn't happened in a 100 years. That is where root vegetables became so vital because they did well in the cold. I've read about the "little ice age" and its effects. Very interesting.

Mario, Beth B, HeavenlyHosts and 2 others like this.
  11. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

If temperatures start dropping, so will their narrative.

Yes, back to spuds and turnips.

[Ironically, it might have been a return to warmer, wetter weather that was the main trigger for potato blight in an Ireland in which the peasantry had become overly-dependent on a potato crop that had served them well in the colder earlier decades of the nineteenth century].

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  12. Tanker

Tanker Powers

You know the media and globalists though. They will come up with some fear story

"Oh my gosh the world will be covered in ice and we will all die and it is humanities fault" :rolleyes::p

There was fear mongering from the media in the 70's I have read that said we were entering into an ice age and we would all die....lol. And then global warming happened :rolleyes: It will never end.

Beth B, AED, HeavenlyHosts and 2 others like this.
  13. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

I actually think these reports are plausible, because they are quite modest. Also, it is not surprising, being part of an undeniable pattern that has occurred for centuries. Having put so much of their credibility upon the global warming scam, it is not going to be easy for them to turn around and declare the diametric opposite. It would imply that all the fantastically costly efforts to prevent global warming would prove to exacerbate global cooling.

Beth B, AED, garabandal and 2 others like this.
  14. garabandal

garabandal Powers

If the powers that be tell you something go with the opposite. It often works out to be more accurate than their scare-mongering opinions.

The world is over-populated -- No there is a demographic winter coming to Europe

There is Global Warming -- No there will be global cooling (lack of sunspot activity).

China handled the Covid-virus well --- no China is responsible for allowing the spread to worldwide by their incompetence.

Beth B, DeGaulle, SgCatholic and 2 others like this.
  15. Tanker

Tanker Powers

Living in Arizona a global cool down is on my wish list :)

I agree with you as the science is actually more rational than the global warming thing. The earth is bigger than we are so I think the earth cycles climate like it is supposed to balance itself. I am positive it was designed that way. :)

Beth B, DeGaulle, AED and 2 others like this.
  16. Blizzard

Blizzard thy kingdom come

images.jpeg.jpg

Ah the heroes of the ecology movement!

He's now a guest of honor at the Pontifical Academy of Science.

Beth B, AED, HeavenlyHosts and 2 others like this.
  17. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

Any truth in the rumour Neil Ferguson (predictor of millions of Xi Virus deaths, tens of thousands of human mad cow victims, hundreds of millions of Bird Flu deaths and whose only successful model to date has been another man's wife) will be joining him?

Beth B, Blizzard and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  18. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Brilliant find Blizzard. It is great to see that the scaremongering has been going on for some time.

And even better it is proof that were are dealing with 'made up hotch-potch doomsday hocus-pocus science'!

Beth B, Blizzard, AED and 2 others like this.
  19. AED

AED Powers

Absurdity has many admirers it would appear. I remember those dire predictions from the 70's. Now on the ash heap of history. But not Dr Erlich apparently.:)

Beth B and Blizzard like this.
  20. Blizzard

Blizzard thy kingdom come

No. The Vatican rescued him from limbo. As it did Emma Bonino. As it did Leonardo Boff and the liberation theologians who were suppressed by Pope John Paul. But hey who am I to judge.