Signs

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by themilitantcatholic, Sep 3, 2015.

  1. AED

    AED Powers

    HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  2. AED

    AED Powers

  3. Heidi

    Heidi Powers

    I am in Minnesota
     
    HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  4. AED

    AED Powers

    This last bit about Jean Meslier is chilling to the bone. The taint of the old goat all over it. Poor man. I dare not think what he met upon his death.
     
  5. PurpleFlower

    PurpleFlower Powers

    I wonder if it's even true. How does one prove that a text conveniently found after a quiet priest's death was really his?
     
    Jo M, AED, DeGaulle and 3 others like this.
  6. Katfalls

    Katfalls Powers

    Yah, very liberal there. Much different than the conservative Midwest. Thats why I haven’t heard of it.
     
    Heidi and AED like this.
  7. Katfalls

    Katfalls Powers

    The Pope was on a rant about save the environment rant. He was calling out war as harming the environment. I wonder what his thoughts are on Sodham and Gomorrah.
     
    AED likes this.
  8. Mario

    Mario Powers

    o_O:cry::cry:
     
    AED likes this.
  9. Katfalls

    Katfalls Powers

    Regarding Mary our Mother. I love meditating on the Magnificat. She is full of grace. A conduit for the Holy Spirit, completely giving up her will to God with such humility. She sacrificed all for God and without a blink. How honored and blessed to be called her child.
     
    InVeritatem, Philothea, AED and 4 others like this.
  10. DeGaulle

    DeGaulle Powers

    It’s hard to have sympathy for those who carry out such demonic activity.
     
    Mary's child and AED like this.
  11. AED

    AED Powers

    True!
     
    Jo M, Mary's child and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  12. Luan Ribeiro

    Luan Ribeiro Powers

  13. HeavenlyHosts

    HeavenlyHosts Powers

    Jo M, Luan Ribeiro and Mary's child like this.
  14. padraig

    padraig Powers

    Anyone who has anything to do with Biological , Chemical or Nuclear weapons is bound straight for hell.

    I remember years ago hearing of a Catholic Bishop in Texas blessing a new nuclear submarine loaded with nukes and feeling a huge feeling of sadness.

    https://www.plough.com/articles/blessing-the-bombs

    Revelation 16
    The Seven Bowls of God’s Wrath
    16 Then I heard a loud voice from the temple saying to the seven angels, “Go, pour out the seven bowls of God’s wrath on the earth.”

    2 The first angel went and poured out his bowl on the land, and ugly, festering sores broke out on the people who had the mark of the beast and worshiped its image.
     
    Marygar, Luan Ribeiro and DeGaulle like this.
  15. Luan Ribeiro

    Luan Ribeiro Powers

    All of this reminded me of the prophecy of Fatima that Russia would be the instrument of the world’s punishment if we failed to bring about the conversion of that poor nation in time. Although I must admit that I had always imagined this referred to a future great war.
     
    HeavenlyHosts, AED and Jo M like this.
  16. PurpleFlower

    PurpleFlower Powers

    Padre Pio said that in the future, Russia would convert very quickly. (He said that the U.S. would convert as well, but more slowly, being taught by Russia a lesson in conversion.)

    I wondered if something like a truly scary plague would make Russians turn to their Faith all at once?

    Regardless, I pray that this is a scare that passes quickly and is contained.
     
    HeavenlyHosts, DeGaulle, AED and 5 others like this.
  17. Luan Ribeiro

    Luan Ribeiro Powers

    In terms of rekindling the fear of God in the face of approaching death, perhaps so. Remember that the bubonic plague in the Middle Ages led many Europeans to publicly flagellate themselves in an attempt to appease God’s wrath.

    On the other hand, times have changed, and so has the way people experience the Christian faith. Many may even despair at the moment of death and die without receiving the sacraments.

    As for the conversion of Russia, I believe there are several barriers that would have to be overcome for that to happen. Among them would be the reversal of the legalization of abortion, which I regard as a prophetic milestone in the introduction of this evil into the world and in the unfolding of the central events of Fatima.
     
  18. Luan Ribeiro

    Luan Ribeiro Powers

    Ironically, this could cause the battlefield to collapse on both sides of the current conflict in Ukraine.

    Today, Trump offered American assistance to Russia to help contain the virus. However, there is always a risk that such aid could be perceived as foreign interference in a country that appears to be on the verge of going to war with NATO.
     
    HeavenlyHosts and DeGaulle like this.
  19. Heidi

    Heidi Powers

    Yes, but I live in a rural conservative area. Most of Minnesota is actually not liberal…..mainly just the cities and college towns.
     
  20. padraig

    padraig Powers

Share This Page