Serious heart and lung trouble

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by BrianK, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Awwww Brian....it sounds awful. That means there will be great spiritual rewards...eternal rewards....
    It what we agree to God to allow for us, because we might not agree if we knew how bad it could get....and for you now, ....is.

You’re pretty strong, so He knows you can do this...even if you think you can’t...

josephite, Julia, Jo M and 2 others like this.
  2. maryrose

maryrose Powers

Just catching up here. Brian you are on my beads today.
    There is light coming for you at the end of this tunnel. Hang on to your faith and the hands of Padre Pio

Tanker, josephite, Julia and 3 others like this.
  3. Mary's child

Mary's child Powers

Don, he mentioned that his gallbladder was infected when they removed it.
    Brian, thank you for your wonderful update. It is good that you are able to rest and get the proper care in the hospital.
    God postponed your trip for two reasons now. What a Godincidence.

Will continue to pray for a complete healing.

josephite, Jo M, Sam and 3 others like this.
  4. Dolours

Dolours Guest

Thank God you're over the op. Once the infection clears up you should be fine. I had that op years ago. The only after effect is that I can't eat eggs. A few people I know had similar after effects so the doc prescribed omaprazone (I think that's the name) for them. I just stopped eating eggs.

josephite, Julia, Jo M and 3 others like this.
  5. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

You made the right choice Dolours... I believe that those meds are not good unless completely necessary

Dolours, josephite, AED and 1 other person like this.
  6. BrianK

BrianK Guest

That’s interesting Dolours.

I’ve been eating oatmeal with peanut butter and a touch of maple syrup routinely for breakfast for years now.

Tuesdaay morning, for the third of fourth time, I added an egg. The previous times were fine - with one exception, when I had a very mild flare up of similar symptoms for an hour.

This time I had a full blown gall bladder attack within four hours.

Do you get acid reflux from eggs now? I’d REALLY hate to have to give up eggs at this point. They’re the only thing I consistently eat on Fridays.

Beth B, josephite and AED like this.
  7. Donna259

Donna259 Powers

Surgical nurse here 40 years....yup that right shoulder pain is irritation of the phrenic nerve from air and will subside but it is brutal....Prayers Brian.

Don_D, Beth B, josephite and 4 others like this.
  8. AED

AED Powers

So true MC.

josephite and BrianK like this.
  9. AED

AED Powers

I take acid reflux meds--nexium. It works. Its been a huge blessing for me. And eggs are pretty much my staple food on Fridays. And canned tuna.

Beth B, josephite, Julia and 2 others like this.
  10. AED

AED Powers

Its so good to have people with medical knowledge to throw light on this. Sometimes just knowing can help calm the pain.

Beth B, josephite, Jo M and 2 others like this.
  11. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Just got here. Glad all went well, and praying for relief of pain and speedy recovery.

Tanker, Beth B, josephite and 3 others like this.
  12. BrianK

BrianK Guest

I can leave here by noon today, mainly since I’m a foot surgeon and know what signs to look for regarding infection.

At first the doctor said tomorrow but I replied, “Is there any chance I could go home today.” She checked with her office and said, “Yeah, we can do that.”

I asked again what time that meant and staff here said “12:00 noon”

Tanker, josephite, Julia and 5 others like this.
  13. Sam

Sam Powers

Oh Brian, take care, continued prayers!:love:

Beth B, josephite, Julia and 3 others like this.
  14. Jo M

Jo M Powers

So happy to hear the surgery is behind you. Yay!!!
    Praying for your speedy recovery, and for the pain to diminish. Take care, Brian.

Beth B, josephite, AED and 2 others like this.
  15. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

16. Rain

Rain Powers

Hi Brian. I'm sorry you're having a rough go of it. I had my gallbladder out in July. It was supposed to be in April, but it was considered non-essential surgery and was cancelled due to Covid-19.

I'm not trying to make you feel worse, but mine was outpatient. My surgery was at 7 AM and I was home by 4 PM. The next day I didn't even take my pain medicine and walked half a mile or so. I attribute this to the surgery being done robotically (due to scar tissue from a previous surgery).

However, after seeing the bill I'm going to need heart surgery. :p

17. Rain

Rain Powers

Anybody want to venture a guess as to how much outpatient robotic gallbladder removal surgery with no complications costs?

Tanker, Beth B, josephite and 4 others like this.
  18. Annie

Annie Angels

Glad to hear you are through with surgery and able to go home-you’re still in my prayers!

Beth B, josephite, Julia and 3 others like this.
  19. AED

AED Powers

:eek::whistle::cry:

Beth B, josephite, Julia and 4 others like this.
  20. Rain

Rain Powers

Gallbladder Total Screenshot.PNG

Beth B likes this.