Serious heart and lung trouble

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by BrianK, Aug 9, 2020.

  1. BrianK

    BrianK Guest

    Maybe we should call HH “Mario”? 6E603B20-A8AE-471F-97D1-A214C3D06701.png
     
    Jo M, HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.
  2. Mario

    Mario Powers

    I'll have to let Geralyn know that a good authority allows me to be a grump!:LOL: I'm not sure she'll believe or want to believe it.

    Best to not share it!:censored::rolleyes:

    :coffee::coffee:!
     
    Jo M, HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.
  3. Beth B

    Beth B Beth Marie

    Well Brian, at least you’re making the most out of this health emergency! Seriously though, I hope your surgery is soon... even if you’re feeling a bit better. Can’t believe that you will get sent home so soon. Geezzz, I though you had to have given birth to go home so soon!
     
  4. AED

    AED Powers

    YES. It counts! Hang in there Brian. I'm glad they are being cautious.
     
  5. AED

    AED Powers

    :D:D a friend in need is a friend indeed!
     
  6. AED

    AED Powers

    "The safest place to be is in God's Will" Good on you! If you have time to let us know the time of surgery we will get to prayin'.
     
    josephite, Jo M, BrianK and 3 others like this.
  7. BrianK

    BrianK Guest

    The surgeon finally came in just now and said surgery would be the second case (mid morning) tomorrow morning (pending approval of cardiology) and that I could eat until midnight tonight.

    So I’m still in a waiting limbo here.

    I told the surgeon that despite my terrible health record looking so bad on paper, I just rode my e bike 20 miles two weeks ago and I’m probably in bettter shape now than most of my adult life. He said they would definitely take that into consideration.
     
    josephite, Sam, AED and 4 others like this.
  8. Christy1983

    Christy1983 Guest

    Brian, I will remember you in prayer tomorrow morning. God bless.
     
    Tanker, josephite, Sunnyveil and 4 others like this.
  9. BrianK

    BrianK Guest

    One of my spiritual director’s classmates is stationed at the Catholic parish right across the street from this hospital. Father made arrangements with this priest to come over and bring me Communion and Last Rights.

    Real good guy, just learning how to do the TLM, very knowledgeable about current church events and the good and bad leadership in the USA and worldwide.

    He stayed here and visited with me for at least a half hour after administering the sacraments. We had a great visit.
     
    Mario, bflocatholic, Don_D and 13 others like this.
  10. Beth B

    Beth B Beth Marie

    Good you told him. Never know how that may effect his decision on anything! Enjoy dinner!
     
  11. Beth B

    Beth B Beth Marie

    Good you needed that visit to put you at ease!
     
    josephite, BrianK, Sam and 3 others like this.
  12. HeavenlyHosts

    HeavenlyHosts Powers

    Things are going well!!!! Thank God.
     
    josephite, BrianK and AED like this.
  13. Jo M

    Jo M Powers

    What a great comfort that must have been for you. You are in good spirits and at peace. We will all be storming heaven for you. God bless.
     
    Tanker, Beth B, josephite and 3 others like this.
  14. AED

    AED Powers

    Lovely!
     
  15. BrianK

    BrianK Guest

    I’m scheduled for surgery at 1:30pm tomorrow so I doubt I’ll be discharged till Saturday at the earliest.

    There’s a small chance I’ll be surprised and be discharged tomorrow evening.

    But they did bump me back till afternoon from the morning schedule.
     
    Sam, Jo M, Beth B and 3 others like this.
  16. picadillo

    picadillo Guest

    Praying for you Brian.
     
    Mary's child, Jo M, BrianK and 2 others like this.
  17. garabandal

    garabandal Powers

    I will offer all my prayers and little sufferings of this day for a safe operation Brian.
     
    Mary's child, Sam, Tanker and 6 others like this.
  18. AED

    AED Powers

    I will be keeping you in prayer.
     
  19. Jo M

    Jo M Powers

    Continued prayers for a safe surgery, and good recovery. Perhaps it would be for the best if you are discharged on Sunday, you can get some well needed rest after the surgery.
     
  20. BrianK

    BrianK Guest

    Doing well this morning, got a great night’s sleep.

    Cardiology was just in and cleared me for surgery, laparoscopy is at 1:00

    I told him I've done 20 mile rides on my e bike without any shortness of breath or chest pain and that convinced him my cardiac risks are remote and don't pose a problem to proceed with surgery
     

Share This Page