Serious heart and lung trouble

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by BrianK, Aug 9, 2020.

1. AED

AED Powers

Wonderful letter Brian. A real gift.

2. BrianK

BrianK Proud2bRC Staff Member

Drain was placed by interventional radiologist in a mini OR via guided fluoroscopy. Drain already almost full of 200ml of clean fresh bile which otherwise would have been pouring into my abdominal cavity unstopped.

They said the bulbous area under the pancreas and liver that would have been occupied by the gall bladder on Friday was already full of this fluid.

I finally feel like I can breathe.
    915C2E0D-57FE-4B28-96A8-4E74689FB2AC.jpeg

DesertStar7, Mario, Beth B and 4 others like this.
  3. Jo M

Jo M Powers

:eek: Glad you're feeling better.

BrianK, Beth B, AED and 1 other person like this.
  4. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Just keep breathing :)
    so glad you are better

BrianK, Beth B, Jo M and 1 other person like this.
  5. AED

AED Powers

6. AED

AED Powers

And they are sealing up the leak? I hope you never have to go through this again but this suffering has great purpose. Of that I am sure.

Jo M, BrianK, Beth B and 1 other person like this.
  7. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

awww that’s a beautiful sentiment from your good son Brian. That’s the medicine you needed!

Jo M, BrianK and josephite like this.
  8. BrianK

They finally got a drain into my gall bladder area. Tomorrow (?) they’re doing an ECRP where they place a shunt into the bile duct to seal it up and shunt the bile drainage back inside the stomach where it belongs. (Not sure why I’m still npo!)

Then I’ll get to go back home.

Beth B, AED and Jo M like this.
  9. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

Thank you dear Heavenly mother for your speedy intervention in Brians crisis.
    I acknowledge your loving motherly concern, and will always rely on you
    Thank God for you dear Heavenly mother. Praised be Jesus and Mary.

Beth B, AED, Jo M and 4 others like this.
  10. BrianK

The nurse said to me this evening,
    “Oh, you’re packing light for a hospital stay.”

I just realized, yeah, I’m not packing enough for these visits. Why?

Then I hit me. My wife Sue always packed for me when I was forced to run to the hospital. I never packed for myself for a hospital visit.

The drugs have put me into some really deep, really bizarre dreams that completely left me in tears as soon as I woke up.

It’s sucks being in the hospital without the support of the one person you need most.

DesertStar7, Beth B, Julia and 4 others like this.
  11. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

I will pray for you Brian. Keep fighting!

Beth B, AED and BrianK like this.
  12. Advocata Nostra

Advocata Nostra Archangels

Lifting up your needs in tonight’s Rosary, Brian. May Our Lady of Sorrows whose feast day is soon to be upon us unite your sufferings to those of Her Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ! May you receive relief and consolation! Amen.

Beth B, AED, Jo M and 1 other person like this.
  13. Mario

Mario Powers

I am doubly blessed this weekend. I had a few heartfelt discussions with my son-in-law's Dad, John. He is separated from his wife with no apparent hope of reconciliation; yet, in his stories of family life never uttered a word of bitterness.

You have expressed deep pain on the Forum, but I've never heard bitterness. Thank you.

Prayers.

Beth B, Julia, AED and 2 others like this.
  14. Jo M

Jo M Powers

:( Sorry you are going through this crisis without your wife. You must be physically and emotionally exhausted at this point. God will take care of everything.

Beth B, Julia and AED like this.
  15. BrianK

All the crazy drugs, severe pain and sleep deprivation finally caught up to me tonight so I threw a little self pity party.

Sorry.

I’m actually doing well despite it all, just a rough patch this evening.

An old friend from Long Island, someone whom I’ve only met in person twice, reached out to me tonight and offered to make a road trip for a visit, a six pack and a smuggled in meal.

I believe him because honestly I’d do the same crazy thing.

But we set up to meet at the Catholic Identity Conference outside Pittsburgh in October instead.

Still it was one of the kindest, most sincere gestures I’ve seen in a long time.

DesertStar7, maryrose, Beth B and 5 others like this.
  16. AED

AED Powers

That is very touching. A good friend at just the right time. I hope they let you eat soon. I can't imagine that combo of drugs and pain and no sleep and no food. No wonder you were feeling so low. I had no idea gall bladder could be so complicated. Prayers ongoing.

DesertStar7, Beth B, Julia and 2 others like this.
  17. Jo M

Jo M Powers

Understandable, you've really had a rough time of it. That's a special friend! Good that you'll have something to look forward to once you've recoverd.

Beth B and BrianK like this.
  18. awk come on Brian ...sort it out :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(y)(y)

BrianK likes this.
  19. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

I bet Brian....but you have us... the MOG prayer warriors :)....but seriously, I get it.....

Tanker, DesertStar7 and BrianK like this.
  20. BrianK

Just had ECRP this afternoon. That was a difficult little test but they said it went short and sweet and very successful.

Took a long time to drag out of the anesthesia. More than I expected.

But overall feeling better. Hope it stays that way!