Putin, well intended or not ?

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by Elisa, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Peter B

Peter B Powers

Just to illustrate what I mean here about the primacy of the visual for some prophets, try this article by JPJ entitled 'Communion and Deliverance'
    http://www.streamsministries.com/resources/discipleship/communion-and-deliverance .
    When you see Christians from outside the Catholic/Orthodox world recounting their dreams/visions in which the real Eucharistic Presence is revealed to them, it's clear that something not of human origin is in operation. This is one of the reasons I bring this up here - in my own research this has become something of a litmus test of who among the multitude of people claiming to have had prophetic experiences is telling the truth: if non-Catholics are coming to affirm elements of Catholic doctrine through such experiences (Vassula being a spectacular case), there's a strong chance they are bona fide IMHO.

Heidi and mothersuperior7 like this.
  2. Heidi

Heidi Archangels

I have felt the Holy Spirit as an electric current.......I was baptized at age 20, and I was almost knocked over by the feeling that went through me. Completely unexpected and amazing! I have felt this on a smaller scale whenever being blessed by a priest.

Jeanne and bflocatholic like this.
  3. Elisa

Elisa Powers

Sorry, that I answer only now, I was extremely busy because of health problems. There is no such "white book" here in Europe from Vassula. Whenever you have time, thanks for the quotes. I am not in a hurry, so please do not hurry either.

4. Peter B

Peter B Powers

'When communism comes again'... seems like in some places it never really went away, judging by today's photos from Donetsk and Moscow (see link below). Am I the only one feeling my blood running distinctly cooler after seeing images like these.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Torrentum likes this.
  5. padraig

padraig New Member

Yes I noticed this, not only the hammer and sickle but the actual flag I believe used in the 1945 victory parade under Joseph Stalin.

Thank you for the reference to Elizabeth Kindelmann who I had forgotten

http://www.theflameoflove.org/elizabeth_kindelmann.html

6. Mac

Mac Guest

Russia's ready now . Yesterdays practice...

7. Indy

Indy Praying

Is that a hammer and sickle I see!!! Yes Peter, that had a serious cooling effect on myself.. O no.

8. kathy k

kathy k Guest

I'd forgotten about Elizabeth Kindelmann as well, Padraig. Followed the link, and found the prayer to ignite the Blessed Mother's flame of love. I've been praying my "Hail Mary's" this way for over 20 years, and couldn't remember where it came from. I Also forgot the promises attached. This made my day! I must have quite a posse from purgatory by now:

The prayer of the Blessed Virgin Mary
    Through the messenger of Her Flame of Love, the Blessed Virgin Mary is asking to make known to the world a new prayer. She said to Elizabeth:

“From now on, any time you pray to Me, add the following request:

Mother of God, spread the effect of grace of Thy Flame of Love over all of humanity, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

With this prayer, you will blind Satan.”

The Virgin Mary also requests that the Hail Mary be recited as follows:

“Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with Thee, blessed are Thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, spread the effect of grace of Thy Flame of Love over all of humanity, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.”

Let us not forget to pray the Rosary this way. The Virgin Mary also made the following promise:

“Whoever prays three Hail Mary in honour of My Flame of Love delivers a soul from Purgatory. Whoever prays one Hail Mary in honour of My Flame of Love during the month of November, delivers 10 souls from Purgatory.”

The Blessed Virgin Mary promises that the souls that we will deliver from Purgatory by our prayer, help us from Heaven in our efforts to save souls.

9. Charity

Charity Mercy

Yes I just bought her diary with messages and happenings from her life- as mentioned by Mark Mallett - the locution in Medjugorje that mentions the Flame:

O Immaculate Heart of Mary show Your Love toward us. May the flame of Your Heart, O Mary, descend on all mankind. We love You so. Impress true love in our hearts so that we have a continuous desire for You. O Mary, Humble and meek of heart, remember us when we are in sin. You know that all men sin. Give us, by means of Your Immaculate Heart, spiritual health. Let us always see the goodness of Your Maternal heart and may we be converted by means of the flame of Your Heart. Amen.

Given by Our Lady to Jelena Vasilj,

28th November, 1983.

kathy k likes this.
  10. Fatima

Fatima Guest

May 8, 2014 12:00 AM What Drives Vladimir Putin?
    Aggressors often attack weaker neighbors to restore a sense of pride.
    By Victor Davis Hanson

[​IMG]

Victor Davis Hanson [​IMG]
    Vladimir Putin’s Russia is a disaster of a declining population, corruption, authoritarianism, a warped economy, and a high rate of alcoholism.

Why, then, would Putin want to ruin additional territory in Crimea and Ukraine the way that he has wrecked most of Russia? Doesn’t Russia have enough land for its diminishing population? Are there not enough minerals, timber, gas, and oil for Putin’s kleptocrats?

In the modern age, especially since Karl Marx, we rationalize the causes of wars as understandable fights over real things, like access to ports, oil fields, good farmland, and the like. Yet in the last 2,500 years of Western history, nations have just as often invaded and attacked each other for intangibles. The historian Thucydides wrote that the classical Athenians had won and kept their empire mostly out of “fear, honor, and self-interest.”

Maybe that was why most battles in ancient Greece broke out over rocky and mountainous borderlands. Possession of these largely worthless corridors did not add to the material riches of the Spartans, Thebans, or Athenians. But dying for such victories did wonders for their national pride and collective sense of self.

Why did the Argentine dictatorship invade the British Falkland Islands in 1982? The great Argentine writer Jorge Luis Borges dismissed the entire Argentine–British dispute over the isolated, windswept rocks as a pathetic fight between “two bald men over a comb.”

Taking the “Malvinas” apparently was critical to restoring the Argentine dictatorship’s lost pride. In contrast, the descendants of Lord Nelson were not about to allow a few peacock generals to insult the honor of the British Royal Navy.

Doesn’t China have enough land without starting a beef with Japan over the uninhabited Senkaku Islands? While there may be some oil in the vicinity, apparently both sides see these desolate mountainous islets as symbols of more important issues of national prestige and will. Lose the Senkaku Islands and what larger island goes next?

Saddam Hussein had enough land without invading Iran in 1980. But his impoverished Iraqis grew terrified of revolutionary Shiite Iran and he lashed out. Iraq also had enough oil without taking Kuwait in 1990. But occupying it made Iraqis proud at home and feared in the Middle East neighborhood.

The Obama administration has tried to psychoanalyze Putin as lashing out because of weakness. Or he is supposedly an unruly kid cutting up at the back of the classroom. Or he is acting out a tough-guy “shtick,” as President Obama put it.

Maybe. But it would be wiser to review the historical causes of war, especially why conflicts break out. Aggressors often attack their weaker neighbors to restore a sense of pride. They calibrate self-interest not so much in getting more stuff as winning greater honor, feeling safer, and instilling more fear.

Bullies such as imperial Persia, Napoleonic France, imperial Germany, Hitler’s Third Reich, and Stalin’s Soviet Union did not really believe that their peoples would starve without annexing someone else’s lands. Despite their pretexts, these empires all privately knew that they had sufficient living space.

These autocracies acted out emotionally satisfying ideas such as crushing an upstart weak Greece, or extending French culture across Europe, or reminding European states that the proud German Volk was as superior as it was underappreciated, or reassuring Russians that the New Soviet Man was at last safe, respected, and feared abroad.

Just as important, history’s aggressors embraced their fears and sense of honor because they thought they could get away with doing so scot-free — given the perceived loss of deterrence.

Putin, like Hitler in 1939, may be weak in geostrategic terms. But as long as he does not provoke an American and European collective response, he can assume that Russia is far stronger than any one of his next targets.

Like Hitler, Putin does not know exactly which future aggressive act will prompt an American and European reaction. But until then, he is willing to continue gambling that he can restore some more of the lost empire of the czars and commissars — and with it more Russian honor, influence, and pride — without consequences.

If history is any guide, these emotions are driving Putin to grab things that are not his. Putin acts now because in the era of failed reset diplomacy and recent empty American deadlines, red lines, and step-over lines, he feels the old U.S. deterrent is absent or dormant. And he will keep up his aggression until he senses that the increasing risks no longer warrant the diminishing returns of absorbing his neighbors.

We should stop trying to psychoanalyze Putin, arguing that he is really weak or is an adolescent showing off his machismo — much less that he has legitimate grievances.

Instead, Putin believes that the more he grabs from others, the prouder his otherwise-downtrodden citizens will become, the more respect they will earn abroad, and the less likely others will fool with him.

Until that is no longer true, Putin will continue.

— Victor Davis Hanson is a classicist and historian at the Hoover Institution, Stanford University, and the author, most recently, of The Savior Generals. You can reach him by e-mailing author@victorhanson.com . © 2014 Tribune Media Services, Inc.

11. padraig

padraig New Member

Kathy, Peter and Charity, I don't suppose you know if any entries in Elizabeth diary are prophetic?

I was touched by her life story. So often she must have felt like tearing her hair out wondering what to do. Again and again as I read I reached a point where I said to myself, 'If this had happened to me I would
    have just gone on my knees and not got up till I got an answer!' Really, really big awesome crosses.

I liked one thing Our Lady said, she said that during prayer in Eucharisitic Adoration in a Parish, 'Satan is blinded' .

I love this concrete way of putting across a spiritual reality. Also when we say the rosary we blind Satan in our own life and those around us while we say it.

I like things made concrete like this, not nice sounding generalities. Things you can get your teeth into.:)

Jeanne and mothersuperior7 like this.
  12. SteveD

SteveD Guest

abortionpercent.jpg
    http://www.barnhardt.biz/2014/05/06/fatima/

We’re talking an entire country and civilization slaughtering their own children at rates like those of urban American blacks, namely in excess of 50% - look at Russia. Do you honestly think that THIS is the fruit of consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary?

The situation is bad for Putin who sees his population disappearing through abortion, he needs new Russians to press his will on the world. He doesn't oppose abortion per se, he opposes a falling population which puts his territores in danger of eventually disappearing into the maw of the very populous Muslim countries and China.

mothersuperior7 likes this.
  13. Charity

Charity Mercy

I

14. Timothius722

Timothius722 Archangels

15. Charity

Charity Mercy

Try again- from spirit daily
    CHURCH-APPROVED MESSAGES SPOKE OF COMING STORM, JOLTS TO EARTH, AND A RENEWED WORLD

We have been reporting on Elizabeth Kindelmann -- a "victim soul" seer from Budapest who died in 1985 after receiving years of what are now called the "Flame of Love of the Immaculate Heart of Mary" messages -- some with dramatic portents for the future.

Those messages met with the rare approval of a cardinal, Péter Erdö, primate of Hungary (also president of the Council of Episcopal Conference in Europe) and at least six bishops in Latin America -- along with her local ordinary.

Somehow, in the flood of "revelations," locutions, and apparitions, these seem to have been missed.

But dramatic they are (and available in the way of a booklet, The Flame of Love of the Immaculate Heart of Mary), which has a website and from which we hope to obtain booklets for distribution in the U.S.).

In addition to Cardinal Erdö, the seer drew the support of a second cardinal, Archbishop Bernardino Echeverría Ruiz, of Guayaquil [right]. The other bishops included prelates from Acapulco, Celaya, Tuxila, Hermosillo, Mexico City, and Durango. After requesting approval of the global Church for the organization based on Flame of Love, Cardinal Ruiz was sent a letter from the Vatican's J. Francis Stafford, president of the Pontifical Council for the laity, encouraging him "to take every measure for the association to give abundant fruits among its members" and inviting him "to continue with the tender task of spiritual accompaniment."

"Jolts" were coming to the earth, Elizabeth said she was told (by the Lord), jolts that will "give rise to a new world by the power of faith." The earth will be renewed, "for never has such a flow of grace ever been given since the Word became Flesh," she said she heard.

This renewing of the world will be tested by suffering and take place through the imploring force of the Virgin, the seer added.

"Know that the earth is like nature before a storm," Elizabeth, who died in 1985, says she was told. "It can also be compared to a volcano when it suddenly awakens, smothers, kills, and blinds everyone with the infernal smoke sprouting up and its falling ashes, whose seism destroys everything around. The deadly ashes full of sulfur want to blemish human souls created in the image of God."

But the flame of the Blessed Mother is about to ignite, Mary told Elizabeth -- blinding Satan and freeing mankind from the "smoking lava" of hatred.

"The elect souls will have to fight the Prince of Darkness,"Mary intoned. "It will be a frightening storm -- no, not a storm, but a hurricane devastating everything! He even wants to destroy the faith and confidence of the elect. I will always be beside you in the storm that is now brewing. I am your mother. I can help you and I want to! You will see everywhere the light of my Flame of Love sprouting out like a flash of lightning illuminating Heaven and earth, and with which I will inflame even the dark and languid souls! But what sorrow it is for me to have to watch so many of my children throw themselves in hell!"

There will be persecution and the persecutors, warned Mary, will be the "cowards" who "fear for their well-being, those who know everything better than others."

They would attack as Herod once attacked, the Blessed Mother warned.

"My children," Mary concluded, "the Arm of my Divine Son is ready to strike. I can barely hold it back. Help me! If you invoke my Flame of Love, we can save the world together."

Her voice, said Elizabeth, was "full of majesty, power, and firmness" when she spoke of coming events. "I cannot convey with words the inexpressible astonishment and the wonder with which I heard that. After a few minutes of silence, she spoke in quite another tone, her usual and maternal tone of soft tenderness: 'Fear not, have confidence in my power as a mother.'"

Miriam, kathy k and (deleted member) like this.
  16. padraig

padraig New Member

17. padraig

padraig New Member

We must be brave. Count on God's grace, taking Mary's hand. I believe Elizabeth is true. Poor woman. Poor wonderful woman, what a life. An example. She reminds me of my grandmother.

18. padraig

padraig New Member

19. Peter B

Peter B Powers

Well, if you're looking for a candidate for undisputed 'bad guy' status, try Russian deputy prime minister Dimitry Rogozin, who has just been fulminating against Romania for closing their airspace to him on his way back from a meeting with Russian military chiefs in Transdnistria (the breakaway pro-Moscow state that separated from Moldova a few years back). Take a look at his English-language Twitter feed and you'll get a feel for who this man is:
    https://twitter.com/DRogozin

Rogozin tweeted 9 hours ago that next time he would be flying onboard a TU-160 (Russia's largest strategic bomber).

Dmitry Rogozin @Rogozin · 9 h
    Румыния по требованию США закрыла моему борту воздушное пространство. Украина снова не пропускает. В следующий раз полечу на ТУ-160

Rogozin subsequently tweeted
    'Well, Sirs from Romania, we'll soon explain it all to you - who you are and what we think of you'

Romania has understandably requested an explanation.
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/10/russian-deputy-pm-bomber-tweet-romania-dmitry-rogozin

Let me make it clear that I am not trying to be anti-Russian. It's just that a country which has such a record of cultural greatness, spiritual depth and contributions to civilization down the centuries deserves leadership different from that offered by the current crew in Moscow.

Torrentum likes this.
  20. Peter B

Peter B Powers

P.S. Rogozin also seems to have occasioned not a little shock with an attempt at poetry/songwriting(?) on his Twitter feed:

We'll pump bullets into
    Heads of rotten fascist demons
    And knock together a solid coffin
    For this mankind's spawn

Psychopathologists must be licking their lips at the sight of this. All I can say is that if this is the calibre of thought of the Russian deputy prime minister, then Lord help us all ...

Torrentum likes this.