PUBLIC Mass suspended

Discussion in 'GARABANDAL LIBRARY' started by non sum dignus, Mar 23, 2020.

1. padraig

padraig New Member

I see according to the British Government lock down Pet Shops are to be allowed to stay open as an essential service.

All Churches are all to close and all Acts of Worship stopped as non essential.

Funny old world.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/shops-essential-shops-open-uk-boris-johnson-coronavirus/

What essential shops are open?
    Shops that are exempt from the Government's ban are food retailers, pharmacies, hardware stores, corner shops, petrol stations, shops in hospital, post offices, banks, newsagents, laundrettes and pet shops.

Seagrace and Julia like this.
  2. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

At least you can get food for your precious puppies as well as essentials for yourself thank God. At least for now anyway, because I fear this could become a problem if the supply chains are interrupted by drivers and packers getting infected and not available to keep the stocks coming to the shelves. We do need to pray God will continue to provide through those unseen hands who keep food and water available so we can keep body and soul together.

The Lampstand (The Church where we can shine our little lamp) has been temporarily taken away, but we can still Worship in Spirit and Truth, and offer in union with Jesus the isolation of not receiving the Bread of Angels. It must be true in the Spiritual realm as it is in the physical realm NO PAIN, NO GAIN. Praised be Jesus and Mary.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  3. padraig

padraig New Member

I am amazed how people are responding to this. The streets are deserted and the city is like a ghost town.

London Underground this morning. Insane.

I hear things are very,very bad in South London.

4. padraig

padraig New Member

One Church where they haven't locked the doors and thrown away the keys.:)

Bless them.

It's Faith like this that causes miracles to happen. Not Skype broadcasts.

Why oh why are our own Bishops not doing this?

(err Health and Safety issues?)

Shae, Don_D, SgCatholic and 2 others like this.
  5. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Padraig, did you watch the Sensus Fidelium video that Adoremus posted? The priest explains this situation. Quite well.

6. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Well, that is a huge factor! No one knows for days if they are carrying the contagion. Also, some people are asymptomatic! We really don't know much about this virus. We don't want to risk the lives of others for our own desires. We do not have many saintly bishops, I will accept that, but they have been given the authority to act, by Our Lord. This is not a democracy.

Shae and AED like this.
  7. AED

AED Powers

And such cases show us that bishops may have acted prudently in shutting public Mass down as hard as it is.

Shae, Seagrace and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  8. Scolaire Bocht

Scolaire Bocht Archangels

I think Padraig you are quite right to highlight the public transport issue like the Tube. How are they serious in this 'lockdown' where they close virtually everything, and make the whole population virtually home prisoners, and yet let the public transport work away happily? I think if they were sincere in trying to get on top of this virus the planes, trains and buses would rather be the first to go, so I am suspicious of their motives.

9. non sum dignus

non sum dignus Archangels

Someone very dear to me has the virus and needs prayers...

Someone who devotes their whole life to God.

Beth B, josephite, Shae and 6 others like this.
  10. Dolours

Dolours Powers

This will the intention of my next Rosary.

Shae, Beth B, Sam and 2 others like this.
  11. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I will be praying, NSD. Sorry to hear this.
    Keep us posted.:(

Beth B, Sam and AED like this.
  12. AED

AED Powers

Praying.

Beth B, maryrose and Sam like this.
  13. bflocatholic

bflocatholic Powers

Prayers going up!

Beth B likes this.
  14. Tanker

Tanker Archangels

Praying!

Beth B likes this.
  15. RoryRory

RoryRory Perseverance

We are on ADT. In Nova Scotia so our priest who is about 84 is saying mass livestream in our parish at 5 pm ADT every weekday and at 4ADT on Sat and @10AM on Sunday
    Tomorrow is also the consecration.
    We can make a spiritual communion
    All masses have been suspended and only groups of 5 or less can meet
    Saint Peters Parish Port Hood
    We are grateful!

Sam, Beth B, Shae and 2 others like this.
  16. Dolours

Dolours Powers

I have just virtually attended 6 a.m. Mass in this very nice looking church in England: https://www.churchservices.tv/caterham
    Such reverence, and the priest prayed that all of us assisting online would have a share of his Communion. I can't remember his exact words but he looked and sounded so sincere it made me feel as though I was really there.

Their next Mass at 10 a.m. will be the Extraordinary Form Latin Mass.

Sam, Beth B, Shae and 3 others like this.
  17. non sum dignus

non sum dignus Archangels

He is on a ventilator.
    Pneumonia in both lungs.
    His wife also has it.
    She needs prayers as well.
    Thank you all.
    Two of the holiest most generous people on earth.

Sam, Shae, Beth B and 3 others like this.
  18. AED

AED Powers

Saying a prayer tonight.

Beth B and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  19. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I will certainly keep praying. I am so sorry.

Beth B likes this.
  20. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

The more I shut out the fear & anxiety of the world, replace it with the peace of the Holy Spirit and know Masses are offered daily by every Priest, the closer I feel to God, His Will & Our Lady.

Mario, Dolours, Shae and 4 others like this.