Prophesy - GSWYL

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by padraig, Mar 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Sorry, Verne, I sympathise with you on the loss of your friend, but God didn't give him authority above the Church and its Bishops whom He commissioned to defend and spread the faith. What you are telling me, essentially, is that on the advice of your friend you choose to bypass the successors of the Apostles.

I wish you well but will give your book a miss. God bless.

Seagrace likes this.
  2. Carol55

Carol55 Ave Maria

Muzhik, Since April 25th, 2021 is a Sunday, I have wondered if the Garabandal prophecies occur soon which would encourage a true ecumenism, maybe the date of Easter would be changed to the 4th Sunday of April and then this prophecy could be pointing to 2021!

3. Fatima

Fatima Powers

This makes no sense. We don't need an imprimatur to hear God's messages, we need faith! I believe it was a forum member named Jackie who first posted a link to the book God Speaks Will You Listen several years ago. The moment I began reading them I was at peace with them and knew them to be in tune with scripture and church teaching. When I finished the book for the first time I knew in my heart this book was from God to his children. I didn't need an imprimatur to understand this, as the Holy Spirit convicted me in his truth.

Further, show me any messenger at any point in time who felt they needed and imprimatur in order to believe what was given. This is absurd. If it were a book coming from the Vatican and was there to teach doctrine, I would appreciate an imprimatur. But this is not the case with private revelation. We have scripture and church teaching to help discern heavens messages. Could anyone imagine St. Bernadette, having to tell our Lady that she had to ask for an imprimatur before digging in dirt and eating it along with the leaves when our Lady of Lourdes told her to dig, while being laughed at by those around making fun of her before the greatest spring of God's water burst forth to heal all those who were in need? That is faith. One could go on and on with messages, apparitions, locutions etc.... that have taken place with no imprimatur from a Bishop.

Light and maryn like this.
  4. Fatima

Fatima Powers

I believe we have not heard the end of the book GSWYL and our Lord has more big plans with it going forward. It was meant for a book to be studied before the great tribulation so as to prepare, but it will be even more relevant after the Warning in the many refuges to help explain the events unfolding and all the way into the Era of Peace. God chose a most unconventional man to bring this information out. One who's life prior to becoming Catholic shortly before having been given these messages was anything close to practicing and knowing the Catholic faith. You don't make this stuff up and anyone with a minor understanding of the Catholic faith can see that these messages are full of wisdom well beyond what a man just coming into the faith, practicing within the occult and then being told to write down what he was given. Then meeting a man (Cletus) that he shared these messages with who was himself a very holy man of God, who had the gift of healing 100's, the gift of bi-location, the gift of infused knowledge to be able to read and write and infused knowledge of scripture to name a few God given gifts. A man who was shown a vision of God as a small boy and only 50 years later was he able to speak about this and then had a painting made of his vision of God that healed a lady on the spot. GSWYL is a book created and paid for by Cletus not Verne. Verne merely wrote down on paper what he was told to. The one message Verne did not want in the book was the one related to the Consecration of Russia, but Cletus insisted on it remaining within the book. You can't make this stuff up people! No imprimatur needed for this folks!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    Verne likes this.
  5. Fatima

Fatima Powers

For those who missed my earlier post on what Father Raux wrote after studying the book GSWYL here it is again.

The book God Speaks Will You Listen has been read front to back by holy priests and monks at St. John's Collegeville, Minnesota, and also by Father Albert G. Raux (former head of the MMP) who wrote in a letter I have dated June 27, 2011:

"I must say that I did not learn anything new from God's messages from Verne. I have read many messages from other locutions and prophets from various countries. What I found however, is that the messages to Verne present a pretty good summary of the many other messages. Also, I noticed that messages in question do not present a timetable as such , but some kind of sequence or order of the many catastrophic and events to come that is not necessarily found in other recipients messages that was quite interesting.

I have not discovered anything that contradicted the teachings of the Church or the Holy Scriptures. One particular aspect in these messages that I found quite interesting is the fact that the Lord gives Verne the biblical references corresponding to the messages. I found that to be very precious and assuring. This is a great help in the understanding of the messages authenticity. I would not be afraid of sharing them with others who are in initiated with such messages and also where there is good need of conversion and preparation. Keep in mind however, that prophecies can change if peoples submit to the will of God. I am interested in sharing this book with certain people, if you would allow me to keep it."
    signed Father Albert G Roux

Light likes this.
  6. Dolours

Dolours Powers

How many books did St. Bernadette distribute before digging in the dirt?

It really doesn't matter to me when or by whom the messages were introduced to the forum. It does matter, however, that someone having been directed by a voice identifying itself as God the Father to give specific messages to the whole world doesn't see the need to ask someone with authority in God's Church to verify that the messages are free of doctrinal error.

I'm not telling you or anyone else to stop reading the messages. I'm giving my reasons for not reading them and you have not come up with a convincing argument to persuade me otherwise. We have the inspired word of God as well as the writings of saints and doctors of the Church - a wealth of aids to help us grow in holiness. I prefer to use them rather than some book from a person I don't know and whose unqualified friend, however well intentioned, decided doesn't require checking for doctrinal accuracy by a person authorised by God's Church to so determine.

I'm not questioning Verne's sincerity but I'm not ready to accept that God the Father gave messages for the world to him/her.

Seagrace, Praetorian and AED like this.
  7. Muzhik

Muzhik Powers

Easter would NOT be changed to a fixed date holiday. The formula used in the Western Church ensures that Easter will occur in the same week as Passover. There was an Early Church Father (can't remember which one) who wrote that Christians were not to share the Passover meal with Jews. In the West that was interpreted that we weren't to celebrate Passover at the same time as Easter nor share this meal with Jews. In the East they took a stricter view and calculated their date for Easter so that there would never be the possibility of the two holidays lining up.

8. Fatima

Fatima Powers

It has already been said in more than one way on this thread why God does not always speak through his priests. bishops, cardinals and pope. Perhaps quoting scripture may help you understand better: [Luke 10:21]. "In that same hour, he rejoiced in the Holy Ghost, and said: I confess to thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hidden these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them to little ones. Yea, Father, for so it hath seemed good in thy sight."

See, it is up to God whom he chooses to reveal his secrets to. It is not always the "wise and prudent," but the "little ones" whom in their openness to hear, God speaks to. Who are we to question to whom God chooses to reveal his plans to? No where in scripture or Church teachings does it ever indicate that God only speaks through his church authorities. Once one realizes that it is not only doctrines that save, but the hearing of the fullness of the revelations of God and putting them into practice is what saves. These are the ones that God speaks to. One only has to look at the approved prophecies to see whom he speaks to. The simple of heart who are open to hear what God desires to be known. Verne, in his simplicity and entrance into the faith, asked God questions and was given and answer. Its that simple. And the check and balance one first goes to for confirmation is scripture and church teaching. Cletus knew them to be true, but went to holy priests, monks and theologians for confirmation before he had Verne's writings put into a book. As Verne said, all 20,000 books were blessed by their priest, who is a very learned holy priest of God and he also blessed the picture of the Father, which Cletus was given as a boy that immediately cured the sick. By the way, for those with faith, Cletus said the picture in the book, as well as on the internet has the same healing power. You can view it at this link http://www.godspeakswillyoulisten.org/id1.html

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
    Light likes this.
  9. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Why use approved prophecies to support your case for the unapproved? Even St. Paul checked with the Apostles to make sure he wasn't preaching error. If St. Paul considered it important to check with the Apostles, I reckon that Verne should seriously considering doing the same with the Apostles' successors.

I'm not questioning God's choice. I'm questioning whether it was God who chose, and I'll wait until God's Church tells me that messages supposedly from God are worthy of belief. Don't bother telling me that unapproved doesn't mean condemned when the messages were never submitted for approval.

Seagrace and Praetorian like this.
  10. Carol55

Carol55 Ave Maria

Muzhik, I have seen this discussed though, even recently, hmmm.

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  11. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Carol I think you posted that Pope F was contemplating changing Easter to a fixed date

Carol55 likes this.
  12. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Because these messengers of heaven believed in and spread their prophecies LONG before they were approved by the Church. You should understand this. No prophet goes running to a bishop requesting approval before they speak what they have been given. Not even St. Faustina, who waited decades before her messages from Jesus were approved by hierarchy.

Light, Verne and Julia like this.
  13. Verne

Verne Principalities

Actually, you probably misunderstood me. My friend took these messages to a number of priests who confirmed there was nothing against church teaching and only then proceeded to publish this book. You do not know of the times when my friend was told not to proceed and he listened to the church. You do not have to like this book. That is fine with me. But be careful of accusing me of bypassing the successors of the apostles. You do not offend me, but this is your opinion which you are entitled to and I always like a lively discussion.

14. Carol55

Carol55 Ave Maria

HH, Yes and I can really see this happening after the Garabandal prophecies come to fruition.

I just came across an article about this once again when I was looking for something else. Here is a statement about it,

Pope Francis today proposed that all Christians celebrate Easter at the same time. He did so, noting that “The Catholic Church
    has been willing since Paul VI to set a date and give up the first solstice after the full moon in March" by which Easter is established.

http://www.asianews.it/news-en/Pope...for-Christians-to-celebrate-Easter-34500.html
    Muzhik, Is something that would not be considered Orthodox? I wonder how long Easter has been established the way it is now.

The Miracle is meant to convert the world, so if the Jews convert then the conflict with Passover would no longer be a problem.
    This, of course, sounds incredible but that is what is supposed to happen at some point in the future.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
    ComeSoon!, Don_D and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  15. Verne

Verne Principalities

Let me tell a story. Cletus and I used to go around the Midwest holding meetings promoting this book. The Bishop of Greenbay sent his auxiliary bishop to investigate one of our meetings. There was also a seminarian there. I will never forget the Bishops response. If we had more meetings like this, our nation would not be in the sinful state it is in. That was 2008. He fully supported our meetings. This really was amazing.

ComeSoon! and Light like this.
  16. Verne

Verne Principalities

Thanks you are a wise man.

Agnes rose likes this.
  17. Dolours

Dolours Powers

There are multiple times as many "messengers of heaven" who have spread and are spreading prophecies which have not been approved by the Church. And all of them have followers equally devoted to spreading the messages as you are to Verne's messages. If we were to believe all of them we would be bound to be believing messages from somewhere other than Heaven. I think it was St. Faustina's spiritual director who promoted her messages. And the diary only received approval after what she had written was shown to contain no doctrinal error.

I can't understand why Fr. Roux and the theologians didn't try to get a Bishop's authorisation to have Verne's book printed and circulated throughout the Church. If all those holy priests and theologians approve of it, getting the Bishop's approval should be possible. I agree absolutely with Verne that if God wants the book authorised by Church authority God will make that happen. What I don't understand is why Verne won't submit it for approval. While it took many years for St. Faustina's diary to be approved, it didn't take many years for her priest to submit it for approval. How many years has Verne been spreading his messages without anyone approaching his Bishop to seek official Church approval and assistance? Wouldn't it make sense for the recipient of such important messages to take them to the very person who has the means of getting them out to the greatest number of people?

Seagrace and Praetorian like this.
  18. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Did you or Cletus give the Bishop a copy of your book, and if you did what was his response after he read it?

19. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Who in the Church told your friend not to proceed? Was it your Bishop and what reason(s) was/were given?

20. padraig

padraig New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.