Prophesy - GSWYL

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by padraig, Mar 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fatima

Fatima Powers

All the naysayers on this thread, I have challenged your "great wisdom" of the truths of the Catholic faith and you have not touched it. You have not taken up my challenge for your "great" Catholic wisdom in prophecy to find one thing in the book God Speaks Will You Listen that is contrary to our faith teachings or scripture. This speaks volumes to your disgust for what you yourselves cannot defend or understand. You are so wise in your own eyes, yet you cannot take my simple challenge and find one thing in these 54 messages contrary to the faith. Until you can offer something, other than what you cannot understand or accept, you best not despise prophecy or God's prophets, because I can show you in scripture where you have been warned for doing as much. You have come on to this form with an agenda to silence what you reject. Those of us that have been on her for many years have seen naysayers come and go. They disrupt any thread they cannot understand. Shame!

Don_D likes this.
  2. thomas21

thomas21 Archangels

While it’s all well an good to avoid false prophets, do not forget true prophets are seldom believed. Even the Church can discern wrongly, such as when the revelations of Sr Faustian were condemned at first.

I would think that any prophecy that talks about a false prophet misleading the Church would be rejected reflexively, due to obedience to authority or incredulity that it can possibly happen. Just like when a Old Testament prophets pronounce woe to the Old Testament religious authorities. At the same time, I acknowledge that it’s a win for Satan to turn disciples into schismatics.

Don_D likes this.
  3. Verne

Verne Principalities

We are living in times of disruption and deception. We need to make sure we are free of mortal sin and following Jesus Christ completely, or we could be led astray. Jesus is the truth. A lying spirit is causing much discord in the body of Christ. It is always fine to have a good discussion, but always leave as friends. I think sometimes many of these discussions are the product of the spirit of pride. I know I can do this, when I disagree with someone, who will not see my point of view. Jesus came to bring peace to the world. Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called the sons of God, from the beatitudes. The triumph of the immaculate heart of Mary, will bring a period a peace to mankind, from the Fatima apparitions. To enter this era of peace, I need to be at peace with God, myself, and my neighbor. Personally, I find the arguments about the book gswyl, a waste of time. We all agree, private revelations are not necessary for salvation and not required for a person to I believe in. I believe the book gswyl is valid and another may find it invalid. This has been discussed for a number of years on this forum. Neither party is going to change the other’s opinion. Maybe it is time to move on, and not be distracted from the importance of the signs of the times. Personally, gswyl has helped me understand the signs of the times. Maybe it does not do that for you. It is OK. But we are living in prophetic times and it does not take any private revelation, to deduce this assertion. We all need to ask ourselves a question, Will I survive the test coming to mankind? Without God’s grace none of us will. Will I be ready for the illumination of conscience or my particular judgment? Is Jesus Lord of my entire life? These are questions, which I need to ponder on. Advent is a good time to reflect on these questions. I would not be surprised, if we are tested shortly. God bless everyone and have a Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year!
    Verne

lynnfiat, Sam and Don_D like this.
  4. Christy1983

Christy1983 Guest

Are you calling for this thread to be closed to further discussion, Verne?

5. Frodo

Frodo Archangels

You keep using this argument, but it’s such a low, low bar and doesn’t prove what you think it does.

My dishwasher manual doesn’t have anything against Church doctrine, does that mean it’s revelation from heaven? Of course not. That it doesn’t contradict Scripture is strictly the bare minimum - not proof of authenticity.

And these messages do have troubling aspects that we have gone over before (spiritual babies/once saved always saved, errors on the understanding of glorified bodies, errors relating to millennia, etc.) Anyone who reads the thread will see all of these things pointed out.

It is you my friend who seems to put forward these messages again and again with a limited and misleading agenda - whether you realize it or not. How can you call these monks wise and good at discerning? How can you say these messages were never discerned to be against teaching when Verne himself has said some we discarded?

We can go on and on, and I suppose likely will. As long as there is continued discussion and postings about these “messages”, it would only be fair for opinions to be expressed on both sides - and really this is a good thing. We are learning much as the thread continues - the monks for example being neither wise or good at discerning - and NOT in the position to judge sound doctrine. Another concerning fact about these messages.

WTW likes this.
  6. Verne

Verne Principalities

No, I think if other’s are interested in discussing it’s fine. Personally, I think there are more important items to discuss. I appreciate everyone’s opinions. I just think it is a waste of time to rehash old arguments, which will not change anyone’s mind.

7. Christy1983

Christy1983 Guest

Yet you say posts on this thread are disturbing peace and stirring up a spirit of pride. To be frank, you seem oddly distanced from your messages. Are there really more important things to discuss than God speaking to the world? You are the one who alleges this, that God speaks to you. You won't defend the discussion, and you won't end it. I cannot think of any authentic messenger who has behaved in this way, who will not advocate for what he claims are God's messages.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2020
  8. Verne

Verne Principalities

I cannot end a discussion, since I do not run this forum. I have already stated that God spoke to me. There is nothing to defend. I have always left it in God’s hands. This book was published 14 yrs ago. I have seen this book help others, so that brings peace to me. Right now daily, I have to do what I can, to evangelize the world in which I live.

Booklady, HeavenlyHosts and Don_D like this.
  9. Christy1983

Christy1983 Guest

A simple statement to the effect would suffice for the mods. It's not out of your hands at all.

10. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

So why are you lobbying to close this thread Christy? I enjoy reading it from time to time and although I don't contribute to it much closing it would certainly preclude any discussion whatsoever.

Booklady likes this.
  11. Christy1983

Christy1983 Guest

Verne made a case that the discussion was causing dissension and a spirit of pride. Those are bad things. He also said there had been sufficient discussion and minds wouldn't be changed. Then he said he couldn't do anything about it. He can. The solution is obvious. (Edited)

12. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

What seems obvious to me is that since he has been charitable enough to come and answer questions Verne is bound to remain as neutral as possible (which it also seems to me he has done a good job of) while being available to speak about the messages. He didn't start this thread, padraig did. The owner and founder of the site. He can step in at any time and close it should he choose to or if he finds it inappropriate. Instead of lobbying Verne using his own words against him to close this thread why don't you just lobby padraig and be done with it? Instead you pressure Verne to close it by request which I for one hope he does not relent to but could certainly understand should he choose to.

A lot of people have enjoyed this thread including myself. I think it has been a timely reminder to keep watch for the times we are in are treacherous.

Booklady, Sam, Jo M and 2 others like this.
  13. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

And Verne is a gentleman.

Booklady, Sam, Jo M and 1 other person like this.
  14. Christy1983

Christy1983 Guest

Heavenly, I believe Verne is very likely to be a gentleman. He also claims to be God's messenger, and when he's wearing that hat, and answering questions, I don't feel it's unfair to delve into the meaning of the answers.

Don, I don't understand the idea of being neutral in a discussion when people are discussing/discerning one's own alleged prophetic utterances. Who else is the authority on those? God's true messenger has a awesome and awful responsibility to spread the Words given clearly and accurately. And to accept the consequences of being a messenger.

WTW likes this.
  15. Fatima

Fatima Powers

From Father Albert G. Raux (former head of the MMP) who wrote in a letter I have dated June 27, 2011:

"I must say that I did not learn anything new from God's messages from Verne. I have read many messages from other locutions and prophets from various countries. What I found however, is that the messages to Verne present a pretty good summary of the many other messages. Also, I noticed that messages in question do not present a timetable as such , but some kind of sequence or order of the many catastrophic and events to come that is not necessarily found in other recipients messages that was quite interesting.

I have not discovered anything that contradicted the teachings of the Church or the Holy Scriptures. One particular aspect in these messages that I found quite interesting is the fact that the Lord gives Verne the biblical references corresponding to the messages. I found that to be very precious and assuring. This is a great help in the understanding of the messages authenticity. I would not be afraid of sharing them with others who are in initiated with such messages and also where there is good need of conversion and preparation. Keep in mind however, that prophecies can change if peoples submit to the will of God. I am interested in sharing this book with certain people, if you would allow me to keep it."
    signed Father Albert G Roux

Booklady, Sam and Verne like this.
  16. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

If they are of God and prophetic then is Verne the authority on them? No, the Holy Spirit remains the only authority. Verne is merely the cup. He may or may not fully understand the things he has been shown like lots of visionaries and prophets. I think he does as God intended him to. Many prophets have tried to kick against the goad because they were afraid of this and we all know where they ended up. Doing God's will.

Staying neutral in the conversation that has formed around this is the only thing that is reasonable. If he is drawn in to arguments or disagreements regarding the messages given to him it detracts from them. It's not about Verne.

Booklady, Sam, Jo M and 2 others like this.
  17. Christy1983

Christy1983 Guest

I understand what you're saying, but I still disagree.

Don_D likes this.
  18. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Christy, you have yet to state one messages contrary to scripture or Catholic church teaching. What is it you are attacking, Verne or his messages? So far I have only read where you and Frodo only attack the messenger whom you do not know and have never met. Please provide a message you oppose and bring some scripture or church teaching to persuade those of us who believe the messages to be from God the Father. In doing so you will have some credibility to your apparent disgust for Verne's messages. Until then, I will say, it is very unChristian to attack an alleged messenger from God. He will judge us all for what we worked against his divine will.

19. Christy1983

Christy1983 Guest

No. The burden of proof is on the messenger, who in fact has refused to submit his messages to the church for evaluation. I have no disgust for Verne's messages, nor for Verne himself, only for the way you consistently condemn those who question them. I reject your premise that anyone here is deliberately working against God's will.

WTW likes this.
  20. WTW

WTW Guest

I haven’t read Christy’s questions or concerns as attacks. As has been quoted many times on this board “test everything and hold on to what is good.” We have an obligation to test and not just blindly believe.

Jo M, HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.