Prophesy - GSWYL

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by padraig, Mar 14, 2018.

1. MonicaHope

MonicaHope Angels

2. lynnfiat

lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

Just pray to Our Lady for discernment as She will always let you know if they are from God or not. She never fails us!

Light, Fatima and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  3. MonicaHope

MonicaHope Angels

Padraig, Yes, if the Roman Catholic Church discerns a teaching to be worthy of belief, then who am I to judge? Yes, I concur! The Dialogue by St. Catherine of Sienna is very different then an unapproved mystic claiming to be speaking on behalf of God The Father. Apples to Oranges.

4. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

You might investigate
    And as lynnfiat said, ask Our Lady to help you discern

5. padraig

padraig New Member

All mystics were 'Unknown', at some stage . Jesus and Our Lady were unknown. As far from being, 'approved', the Religious Authorities in Jerusalem rejected Him and had Him killed.

'Does a prophet come from Narareth?

People came to the Grotto at Lourdes to be healed and to see the Sun dance at Fatima when the saints there and apparitions were virtually unknown and unapproved. Where they wrong to do so?

The Holy Spirit does not pause for rubber stamps.

6. Blizzard

Blizzard thy kingdom come

How true.

This boy didnt wait for Medjugorje to be approved to experience a miraculous cure.

https://mysticpost.com/2018/03/boy-...ocked-doc-ive-never-seen-this-in-all-my-life/

padraig likes this.
  7. ComeSoon!

ComeSoon! Guest

I personally am convinced we have a great uptick in personal messages/locutions/heavenly communications because we are in a time of severely increasing global crisis and spiritual attacks. God is providing us with an increase in His mercy from more directions, because we NEED it. Collectively, we followed Our Lady's instructions only so far after Fatima.......and beyond.

8. Blizzard

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  9. ComeSoon!

ComeSoon! Guest

HeavenlyHosts and Blizzard like this.
  10. padraig

padraig New Member

As far as Discernment is concerned I don't think there are any absolute ways of being sure they are true. There is always a measure of faith being involved even for the Apostles.

However there are some filters:

Does this agree with Scripture and the teachings of the Church? Could drugs or mental ill health be involved? Are their sings of pride? is the person good living ..and so on.

Even so , I recall a stage magician one time commenting that the easiest people to fool were the smartest, scientists easiet of all.

DeGaulle and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  11. MonicaHope

MonicaHope Angels

I really do understand your point Padraig. However, Jesus is the Son of God and Mary is the Mother of God, not comparable to modern day mystics claiming to speak on behalf of God the Father. And yes, I would have run to the Grotto at Lourdes and to the Sun dancing at Fatima before these appearances by Our Lady were deemed "worthy of belief" by the Church. Discernment is a personal process and I am so thankful to have our Church as the deciding voice in discerning which events are worthy of belief.

josephite, Praetorian and Dolours like this.
  12. Blizzard

Dont forget to go to the baths in Lourdes.

And join or watch the procession of lights.

13. Timothius722

Timothius722 Archangels

Yes...I think your right Byron...this is significant. After all...they where all part of the old Soviet Union. Perhaps a quick step over the border into Russia by Pope Francis for a quick visit with the Russian Orthodox Patriarch. All speculative of course but worthy of the watch. Lithuania borders Russia...might be good to revisit the Marian apparition of Hirshu Lithuania...I think Its something like that...anyways...thanks.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    Byron, ComeSoon! and Mary's child like this.
  14. Fatima

Fatima Powers

There has always been the Thomas' in the Church, but we have Jesus once again to sort it out and he said "blessed are they who have not seen but believe". Along with this we have scripture teaching us once again "do not despise prophecy, but test everything".

I understand those who can't discern, as anyone who who has read of approved or alleged church prophets/messengers, they will be the first to wrestle with what they were given and whether it was of God or their imagination.

Most will despise prophecy, as they need the church to approve, as if they cannot determine if what they read is in uniform with scripture and church teaching. As if praying about something one cannot receive confirmation. I say it us best for these folks to leave it all alone, but do not despise or reject what you feel you cannot discern, as you may be squelching the works of God.

15. ComeSoon!

ComeSoon! Guest

The baths were my initial motivation for going to Lourdes. The decision to include Medjugorje came later, after praying about it for a year and then (by divine providence) meeting a woman at church visiting for a month from Medjugorje. In the same conversation she informed me her brother who is local has lead pilgrimages there for 20 years. Talk about an answer to prayers! I knew cold, OK you want me to go there.

16. padraig

padraig New Member

Be careful not to try to place the Holy Spirit in a box of your own making. He just won't fit.

The Holy Spirit blows whither He wills.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    HeavenlyHosts and Pray4peace like this.
  17. MonicaHope

MonicaHope Angels

Fatima, may we all be Blessed with your apparent self proclaimed "Gift of Discernment".

cornhusker likes this.
  18. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Every person living in the state of sanctifying grace can discern the spirit of truth. It is not reserved for me alone.

Light, Patty, ComeSoon! and 3 others like this.
  19. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Monica, you seem to be angry that our God can speak to whom he chooses. If you were to read the book GSWYL, like holy priests, monks and theologians have done and find just one message opposed to scripture or church teaching you could make your point. Please do so, or you show yourself as being opposed to the Spirit of truth and despising prophecy, which scripture warns against.

HeavenlyHosts and lynnfiat like this.
  20. padraig

padraig New Member

Here is sound teaching

josephite, cornhusker and Fatima like this.