Promotion at Work

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by padraig, Jan 9, 2014.

  1. padraig

    padraig Powers

    Hi a big promotion has come up at work which I have applied for. Not that I am very ambitious but a new boss coming along after all these years seems daunting. I have practically no chance of getting it, so thought of asking for prayer.

    Its kind of nice to be praying for something I am not really urgent about. Makes me so laid back. God's will be done.

    Praying to St Joe. You know I never could find an image of St Joe that looks anything like him. This seems closest.
    [​IMG]

    Oh, St. Joseph, whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the throne of God. I place in you all my interests and desires. Oh, St. Joseph, do assist me by your powerful intercession, and obtain for me from your devine Son all spiritual blessings, through Jesus Christ, our Lord. So that, having engaged here below your heavenly power, I may offer my thanksgiving and homage to the most loving of Fathers.

    Oh, St. Joseph, I never weary of contemplating you, and Jesus asleep in your arms; I dare not approach while He reposes near your heart. Press Him in my name and kiss His fine head for me and ask him to return the Kiss when I draw my dying breath. St. Joseph, Patron of departing souls - Pray for me.
     
    kathy k likes this.
  2. picadillo

    picadillo Guest

    Keeping your intentions in my rosary
     
  3. Go for it!

    [​IMG]
     
    sunburst and FoundSoul like this.
  4. "Quis ut Deus"

    "Quis ut Deus" ADMIN Staff Member

    I will keep you in the prayers of St Joe Padraig,,, best wishes...

    Ive been through the daunting HSC recruit process three times now so have a very good idea of the questions you might face if you need any info just ask..;);):)
     
  5. Charity

    Charity Mercy

    I love that St Joseph prayer- one of my intentions for the last couple of months is to draw nearer to St. Joseph in my prayers and life and love him as I do the Blessed Mother. I've always felt a connection to him- I was born in a hospital of his name, my middle name is taken from his as well -
    Praying for your intention Padraig!
     
  6. FoundSoul

    FoundSoul Angels

    Praying for the promotion for you.
     
  7. padraig

    padraig Powers

    :):)

    Thanks for your prayers. It's good to be praying for something as kind of a bonus rather thans ometyhing important.
     
  8. PotatoSack

    PotatoSack Powers

    praying for you Padraig! I hope its God's will for you!
     
  9. Timothius722

    Timothius722 Archangels

    Assist Padraig St Joseph... if it be Gods will.
     
  10. padraig

    padraig Powers

    I should know in a couple of weeks or less. Thanks again for your prayers. It is kinda the cream on the cake if I get it. I wonder if I do get it if I might be better not as it will be very stressful, at least for a while.

    I wonder what heaven will be like for work. Each of us will have our own jobs up there I believe but so very different. I just want to walk the dogs for a billion years. :D

    We will see; please God we will all of see. Jerusalem the Golden.
     

  11. I want to be a bartender and a florist...;)
     
  12. padraig

    padraig Powers

    I kinda envied George Clooney, Marti in that new film , 'Gravity' , Marti.


    An astronaut. Cool. Maybe in heaven....
    [​IMG]
     
    mothersuperior7 likes this.
  13. Yep, I might take up golf and volleyball....lol The astronauts are braver than I am. I'm surprised it didn't get more awards. I thought it was excellent!
     

Share This Page