Prayers Please

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by Sanctus, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Sanctus

Sanctus "Pray, pray ,pray!"

Thanks Beth. Seems to be quite a purification I am being put through. It feels somehow as though God is angry with me and putting me through the wringer. Perhaps it is some form of a cleansing I'm going through, certainly hope so. Hope to come out the other side of all this safe and well. Seem to be having a crisis of faith also, where the feeling is the faith is lost. Hope this is not the case.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    Seagrace and DesertStar7 like this.
  2. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Powers

When this happens to me (I won't presume severity or frequency of mine as compared to yours), I ignore emotions and adopt nonchalant "this too shall pass" and "I'm not going to let it bother me" attitudes. Try and keep your mind preoccupied with positive Holy images, quality reading material, etc.

Mario, Seagrace and Sanctus like this.
  3. Sanctus

Thanks DS7. Not sure if I'm going to recover from all this. Seems very, very deep whatever is happening at the moment. Also feel I've lost my Faith.

Mario and DesertStar7 like this.
  4. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Powers

You haven't.

It is still there, even if you cannot feel nor sense it.

Same as oxygen. :)

Sanctus, Seagrace and Beth B like this.
  5. AED

AED Powers

Makes acts of faith Sanctus. Do everything you would normally do in your daily prayer life. Do not pay attention to feelings. In St Ignatius's instructions on the spiritual life in Discernment of Spirits this is what he recommends. Dont give in to these temptationd. Jesus saved you from that dark path. He has forgiven your sins. He loves you. You must make acts of trust. Prayers going up.

Mario, HeavenlyHosts, Sanctus and 2 others like this.
  6. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

You’re so right. If you ask for suffering to alleviate another’s....it will come. Just be prepared.....

HeavenlyHosts, Sam and AED like this.
  7. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Exactly AED!

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  8. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

AED is right...don’t act on feelings...they are emotions. Keep going to the sacraments...no matter how you “feel”.Jesus,, I trust in you!

Sanctus, HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.
  9. Sanctus

Seem to recovering and doing well, thankfully. Went through quite an intense period of darkness the past few weeks but light seems to be shining through now, thank God. Spent alot of time praying to Saint Anthony and Saint Joseph for help and guidance. Also kept in contact with a good Priest over the phone. Hoping to get back home in the next week or two. Thanks for the prayers. Hope to do God's will as best as possible from now on.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
    HeavenlyHosts, Beth B, Jo M and 3 others like this.
  10. Sanctus

I also have this strange belief at the moment that I have gone to hell and am currently there. It is a horrible experience and very scary. Perhaps it is part of the dark night. Hope so. God works in mysterious ways they say, but this is extremely difficult.

Jo M and Sam like this.
  11. Jo M

Jo M Powers

Continued prayers for you Sanctus. I am so sorry you are suffering, but you are not in hell, you are reaching out for prayers because you have hope. Surrender to God, he will carry you through this difficult time. It will pass.

Sanctus, Seagrace, Beth B and 2 others like this.
  12. AED

AED Powers

I am so so sorry about this. I wish someone had answers for you. Do the doctors think this may be depression? Could it be brain chemistry? AbrahaM Lincoln who suffered bad bouts of depression once remarked "if there is a hell I am in it." All I can do is pray for you and beg Our Lady to help you.

Sanctus, Seagrace, Jo M and 1 other person like this.
  13. Fede

Fede New Member

Will be praying for you...I find immersing in prayer helps a whole lot when I'm anxious. I'm sure you are praying, but try immersing in the passion of our Lord- so that you are there with Him. It takes my thoughts away from me and it is healing. Lots of hugs!❤❤

Sanctus, AED, Jo M and 1 other person like this.
  14. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

trust Jesus!Jo is right...He will help you carry your cross....Actuality, you are walking the road to calvery with Him...and caring yours and His cross. Complete redemption suffering. He gives His heaviest cross to those who love Him. In heaven, all it’s merits will be revealed.

Sanctus, AED and Jo M like this.
  15. Mario

Mario Powers

We're walking with you, Sanctus. Continue to trust in the Two Hearts!:love::)

Beth B and Sanctus like this.
  16. Mario

Mario Powers

Amen!(y)

O Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee!

Beth B and AED like this.
  17. Sanctus

Thanks everyone. Have to get back to Mass when I get home in the future. Perhaps God permitted all this for a reason. I put other things before Him a couple of months ago and payed the price.

DesertStar7, Sam and Jo M like this.
  18. Sanctus

Looking forward to getting home - must be a good sign of getting well! Find that there has been a malevolent force trying to throw me off throughout the entire year, filling me with fear and dread around the future with things that might not even happen. Spoke to a friend who is experiencing the same thing. Looking forward to getting back home and settling in again. Taking things nice and slowly til then and trusting this cross will ease in time.

Beth B, Shae, Donna259 and 4 others like this.
  19. Jo M

Jo M Powers

Happy to hear you are starting to feel better. God bless!

Beth B and DesertStar7 like this.
  20. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Powers

:love:

That was, in my younger days, a very frequent boogey: What might happen??

Prayers to St. Michael at keeping that particular dragon down! (y)

Beth B, Jo M, AED and 1 other person like this.