Prayers for my Mum

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by garabandal, May 27, 2020.

1. heyshepard

heyshepard Archangels

Garabandal, I will dedicate a rosary to your mom this morning. I pray that she will be safe between the hearts of Mary and Her Son Jesus.

2. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

This was beautiful!

HeavenlyHosts, Jackie, Jo M and 3 others like this.
  3. An Guilbneach

An Guilbneach Mane Nobiscum Domine

It was beautiful Beth B.
    The wonderful thing is that thou we live far from one another, indeed all over the world, however as Brothers and Sisters in Christ we are united. As one family if pray for our brother Garabandal and His dear Mum all will turn out well , maybe not as we expect, but will be well, well in all manner of things.

Beth B, HeavenlyHosts, Sam and 3 others like this.
  4. AED

AED Powers

This was wonderful to read this morning. "Precious in the eyes of the Lord is the death of his faithful ones." What a testament to your faith and your mother's faith and God's goodness. The Mystical Body of Christ! We are not divided by geography or culture or ethnic roots. We are one body! In Christ.

HeavenlyHosts, Sam, Jo M and 2 others like this.
  5. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Thanks for all of your prayers -- the consultant is sure my Mum has Lewy Body dementia -- it is fairly advanced because she has problems walking.

Don't know much about the disease only that it is a progressive form of dementia.

6. AED

AED Powers

Oh dear. Prayers continuing. (She is blessed to have you!)

7. Mario

Mario Powers

As are mine, garabandal!:notworthy:

St. Therese, whose humble, tender heart prays so earnestly for others, hold up garabandal's Mum before the Throne and let a rose fall so we remember how close you are!

8. AED

AED Powers

Amen.

9. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Powers

I'll also pray to St. Anne.

10. An Guilbneach

Garabandal. Holy Mass was offered up this afternoon for your good self and your dear Mother.
    God loves you both and will not abandon you.

11. garabandal

garabandal Powers

You have lifted my spirits by your spiritual act of kindness.

God bless you and all whom you love.

12. Jackie

Jackie Archangels

We become doctors with the Net, diagnosing, searching side effects. Prayers for your Mum, Anne.

13. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Amen!! Amazing how well you come to know individuals so well from afar. I’ve learned so much from the good folks here at MOG.
    God willing, we will all meet in heaven one day....because we really are one big family....!

14. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

She’s in Gods good hands....and yours....

AED, Mary's child and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  15. Mario

Mario Powers

In an unusual sense, garabandal, I'll be praying frequently for your Mum. My own brother's dementia has significantly become worse. Tim has been in a assisted living facility near his son, Conor, for over two years. He had a fall about three weeks ago and was placed in the hospital. Arrangements are now being made to transfer him to a Long-term Care Facility further away from me, near Batavia, NY. With all the complications surrounding coronavirus things have been stalled; and sadly I haven't seen him now for three months!:( So as I pray for him, your Mum will naturally come to mind.

This is why I feel closer and closer to St. Therese
    because her Dad's gradual decline and eventual placement in an asylum has some similarities to our own journeys. At least his daughter, Celine, cared for him at the end. Lord have Mercy!

O Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee!

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    Sam, HeavenlyHosts and Mary's child like this.
  16. An Guilbneach

This is what I love about the forum, we are all in this together helping one another grow in the faith. True, in the church at the present time there is abuse of God's mercy. However in the case of people here it is clear that there is a real effort to love God and keep the commandments and be the best we can. God is most merciful to those who really try, we must not forget this, in our difficult moments He is right there with us, a loving Father at our side.

17. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

You are a good Catholic, An. You are an example to all here.

Beth B and AED like this.