prayers for more trust and faith

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by PotatoSack, Feb 12, 2015.

  1. PotatoSack

    PotatoSack Powers

    please pray for me that my faith and trust in Jesus is increased as I deal with a difficult situation. I am trying to surrender it all to Him but I am struggling. Thanks!
     
  2. kathy k

    kathy k Guest

    You've got it!
     
    PotatoSack likes this.
  3. padraig

    padraig Powers

    Prayers for you at mass this morning Cathy!

    I accused myself in confession one time that I did not have enough Trust and Faith and the old priest burst out laughing.:D

    'Who has?' he said, 'I know I don't!!'

    Which, as you may expect, cheered me up considerably.:)

    I often say this prayer:

    [​IMG]
     
    PotatoSack likes this.
  4. andree

    andree Powers

    PotatoSack likes this.
  5. miker

    miker Powers

    View attachment 2607
    Believe me, I am with you on that one. It's so good that you recognize the struggle - IMHO I think that is faith in and of itself, but I'm no theologian :)

    I saw this picture if a statue located outside of the pediatric oncology wing if a Catholic Hospital. Is it just nature or is God helping us in faith to allow the snow to settle on Mary's back and major it appear she is carrying a child? I will go with the latter!
     
  6. Mario

    Mario Powers

    PS,

    It is kind of providential that we gradually stumble upon this thread throughout the day. Then you get soaked in prayer as the day progresses. May Our Lady, first in faith and wisdom, secure her most precious fiat for you in this difficult situation.

    From Thessalonians: God is faithful. He will do it!
     
    PotatoSack and miker like this.
  7. "Quis ut Deus"

    "Quis ut Deus" ADMIN Staff Member

    I remember receiving an answer to similar feelings in the following scripture it gave me great strength and hope.

    Sayings of Agur
    Proverbs 30
    The words of Agur son of Jakeh. An oracle.

    Thus says the man: I am weary, O God,
    I am weary, O God. How can I prevail?
    2 Surely I am too stupid to be human;
    I do not have human understanding.
    3 I have not learned wisdom,
    nor have I knowledge of the holy ones.
    4 Who has ascended to heaven and come down?
    Who has gathered the wind in the hollow of the hand?
    Who has wrapped up the waters in a garment?
    Who has established all the ends of the earth?
    What is the person’s name?
    And what is the name of the person’s child?
    Surely you know!

    5 Every word of God proves true;
    he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.
    6 Do not add to his words,
    or else he will rebuke you, and you will be found a liar.

    7 Two things I ask of you;
    do not deny them to me before I die:
    8 Remove far from me falsehood and lying;
    give me neither poverty nor riches;
    feed me with the food that I need,
    9 or I shall be full, and deny you,
    and say, “Who is the Lord?”
    or I shall be poor, and steal,
    and profane the name of my God.

    10 Do not slander a servant to a master,
    or the servant will curse you, and you will be held guilty.

    11 There are those who curse their fathers
    and do not bless their mothers.
    12 There are those who are pure in their own eyes
    yet are not cleansed of their filthiness.
    13 There are those—how lofty are their eyes,
    how high their eyelids lift!—
    14 there are those whose teeth are swords,
    whose teeth are knives,
    to devour the poor from off the earth,
    the needy from among mortals.

    15 The leech has two daughters;
    “Give, give,” they cry.
    Three things are never satisfied;
    four never say, “Enough”:
    16 Sheol, the barren womb,
    the earth ever thirsty for water,and the fire that never says, “Enough
    .”

    17 The eye that mocks a father
    and scorns to obey a mother
    will be pecked out by the ravens of the valley
    and eaten by the vultures.

    18 Three things are too wonderful for me;
    four I do not understand:
    19 the way of an eagle in the sky,
    the way of a snake on a rock,
    the way of a ship on the high seas,
    and the way of a man with a girl.

    20 This is the way of an adulteress:
    she eats, and wipes her mouth,
    and says, “I have done no wrong.”

    21 Under three things the earth trembles;
    under four it cannot bear up:
    22 a slave when he becomes king,
    and a fool when glutted with food;
    23 an unloved woman when she gets a husband,
    and a maid when she succeeds her mistress.

    24 Four things on earth are small,
    yet they are exceedingly wise:
    25 the ants are a people without strength,
    yet they provide their food in the summer;
    26 the badgers are a people without power,
    yet they make their homes in the rocks;
    27 the locusts have no king,
    yet all of them march in rank;
    28 the lizard can be grasped in the hand,
    yet it is found in kings’ palaces.

    29 Three things are stately in their stride;
    four are stately in their gait:
    30 the lion, which is mightiest among wild animals
    and does not turn back before any;
    31 the strutting rooster, the he-goat,
    and a king striding before his people.

    32 If you have been foolish, exalting yourself,
    or if you have been devising evil,
    put your hand on your mouth.
    33 For as pressing milk produces curds,
    and pressing the nose produces blood,
    so pressing anger produces strife.
     
    PotatoSack likes this.

Share This Page