Prayers Answered...

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by kathy k, Jan 28, 2014.

  1. kathy k

    kathy k Guest

    Can't find where I posted the request to pray for a young father who was dying of Lou Gehrig's disease and obstinately refusing pastoral support.

    I saw him around the end of October, and haven't seen him since. (As an on-call nurse, I see patents randomly, in distress, and often never hear the rest of the story). He has been on my mind and in my prayers, and I really hoped to have the chance to pray the chaplet of divine mercy at his bedside.

    Saturday, as Mass was beginning, I got a text request to see him, because he was declining. I was just covering for another nurse for a few hours, and couldn't believe how good God was to give me this opportunity! I started to go immediately, when I felt called by the Holy Spirit to stay, so I could take him the Eucharist in myself as a "God bearer". Also, it was the feast of St. Paul!

    I found him alert and in anguish. I told his wife that there is no medicine for soul pain. Then I called the holy doctor I work for, discussed strategies to manage his distress, then told him, "You know, this is spiritual anguish." He said, "I know." Then very forcefully he instructed me to tell the wife she MUST gather her children and get them to pray for peace for their daddy. I did as he ordered, and the wife agreed to do so immediately. (I also had the chance to pray a couple of decades of the chaplet with him, silently.)

    Just found out he passed this morning, while the family was asleep.

    Thank you all so much for your prayers. I am full of hope that through all of our prayers and the powerful prayers of his children, the intercession of St. Paul and most of all, the Divine Mercy of God, this dear man met the Prince of Peace, and found peace at the last.

    Eternal rest grant him, oh heavenly Father, and may perpetual light shine upon him and may he rest in peace. Amen.
     
  2. padraig

    padraig Powers

    :):)
    What a wonderful vocation you have Kathy to get to witness such things. More to be an actor on it's stage. May God reward you.
     
    RoryRory, miker and mothersuperior7 like this.
  3. kathy k

    kathy k Guest

    I have the best job in the world. It makes me ashamed to cash my paycheck!
     

Share This Page