Prayer request

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by Indy, Jul 21, 2021.

  1. Michael Pio

    Michael Pio Archangels

    I will pray for you. How awful, this pressure
     
  2. Michael Pio

    Michael Pio Archangels

    Love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful; it is not arrogant or rude. Love does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
     
    Sam, Ananchal, Beth B and 3 others like this.
  3. miker

    miker Powers

    This is the short reading from Today’s Morning office of the Church. Perhaps it will offer a Word of encouragement to you.

    Short Reading Romans 12:1-2 ©
    Think of God’s mercy, my brothers, and worship him, I beg you, in a way that is worthy of thinking beings, by offering your living bodies as a holy sacrifice, truly pleasing to God. Do not model yourselves on the behaviour of the world around you, but let your behaviour change, modelled by your new mind. This is the only way to discover the will of God and know what is good, what it is that God wants, what is the perfect thing to do.
     
  4. Indy

    Indy Praying

    Wow, that is amazing, I need to run that by my wife that was read at our wedding and we really need to take it to heart now, already today we had a fight about me taking the vax and she is not even at home today. Patient, novavax is coming... Although I would rather be saying Jesus is coming, but need to be careful I don't upset her too much. A lot of people have been scared over the last year and are in a strange sensitive state. Abuse from the government and media but now I am appearing as the reason.
     
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  5. Indy

    Indy Praying

    I have to say, apart from this issue, prayers are answered so quickly these days, even little specific things. So great. Thank God.
     
  6. miker

    miker Powers

    This is such a great insight…. People are scared , sensitive, worried…many (including myself) have been thrown into chaos- I close my eyes and imagine the storm on the Sea of Galilee where Jesus is asleep- yet as He was on that boat, He always is there to calm the seas and chaos. Like with his disciples, including each one of us, I need to remain close to Him even if I think he is asleep (which he is not). The chaos is evil- it’s satan - the deceiver and the lier. As much as this is a physical worry over health and economics, it is even more so a spiritual one. I have to remind myself of that every day - the worldly fears- my health and well being should pale in comparison to the everlasting and my immortal soul. I struggle with this at times- it’s where I need more work- more prayers - more trust. And as I contemplate more on Discipleship - what it really means to be a Christian- it’s all about a willingness to accept the cross. That cross can be “simple” daily stuff like a family that pressures us to get vaccines, children that don’t practice the faith, a bishop or pope who disappoints , a spouse who says /does stuff that gets under our skin. And, of course the cross can be “big” stuff like loss of jobs, sickness, doubts, etc. But, no matter what your cross is there is that moment where it lies in front of you and I either pick it up or don’t. Both have consequences. I thank God, that as I try to very weakly and clumsily pick up my cross, I know that Jesus is carrying it with me. I also am blessed that I have many Simon of Cyrene’s in my life who help me carry the cross.

    Who knows where this leads to? My mind goes back to the Bible thinking about how God brought the Hebrews out of the bondage of Egypt. And yet, they grumbled and complained- even saying it was better back in Egypt. I think about where I am now in my life- I do think God has acted- my world is changed- God has brought me out of my “bondage “ in Egypt in many ways but I too am grumbling in the desert. God did not abandon Israel in the dessert. In fact, he fed them with Manna- he does the same for me today but even in a more beautiful way- His Body in Holy Communion. The desert was a place of purification. If one looks on a map of the distance from Egypt to Israel ( the Promised Land) it can be crossed even by foot in several weeks. Yet they were in desert for 40 years- until they were ready to enter the Promised Land. I trust God has me in this desert right now to help me. I think it’s all about Him saying to me - only trust and rely on me- don’t put your trust or reliance on the world - it will let you down. Don’t turn back to “Egypt”- keep walking- the Promised Land awaits. God never breaks His promise.

    (sorry for the rambling folks… it’s therapeutic :)
     
  7. AED

    AED Powers

    A beautiful post miker. Profound. I see my own spiritual life in terms of being freed from the bondage of Egypt. The world all about us is Egypt--beckoning all the time. The Church in her humanity is like the children of Israel. Faithful and unfaithful. Falling into idolatry and repenting. I feel like I am right in the middle of it. I have zero trust in myself. Our Lady leads me or I would be wandering in the desert still.
     
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    Beth B, Sam, Michael Pio and 2 others like this.
  8. garabandal

    garabandal Powers

    It certainly is not rambling but inspirational --

    I think we all can have empathy with you miker - we are all in the same (human) boat.

    Trusting God when things run smoothly is easy!

    But once the waves coming lapping up over the boat - we have a natural tendency to fear.

    We must replace fear with faith!
     
    Beth B, Sam, Michael Pio and 2 others like this.
  9. miker

    miker Powers

    Amen!
     
    Michael Pio, AED and Beth B like this.
  10. miker

    miker Powers

    Beautiful… thanks for sharing your message and faith- I know I need to see and hear more of this than the negative of the world.
     
    Michael Pio, AED and Beth B like this.
  11. Beth B

    Beth B Beth Marie

    Dear Indy,
    I’ve been researching this for months now. The ivermectin works. I also have been taking supplements….and continue to.
    I take vitamin D( 3,000 IU’s daily), vitamin C, Zinc( with food or you’ll get nauseous) magnesium for muscle ( aches) and if you get a headache or body ache, a combo of Tylenol and ibuprofen.

    You take the ivermectin with food for Covid….only take it on a empty stomach for scabies. We’re using it off label so the protocol is different.
    I continue to take it once a month . It’s possible to get reinfect with a variant, however, this will mitigate the symptoms.

    It’s a time tested safe inexpensive medication . Just do not overdoes. Search YouTube for ivermectin and you’ll find plenty of videos on its usage and dosing. The Amish have used it forever with no adverse side effect.

    Some doctors will prescribe it now as the online Frontline doctors have been for Covid.

    If you researched it, you’ll find encouragement and support all over the internet. I and my friends have been using it with great success. I wish I had used it monthly prior to getting Covid, but I waited until I was infected. My Covid was nothing but a mild cold with a slight headache only one day.

    praying no one gets sick, but if you do, this was what I did and my experience. Ivermectin is a time tested safe medication.
    It can’t hurt you…unless you overdose.
     
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
  12. ellen

    ellen Ellen

    Hey Beth, What dosage are you taking and how often?
    I want to use it as a prophylactic.
     
    Sam, Michael Pio and Beth B like this.
  13. Indy

    Indy Praying

    Wow, thank you miker, such great words and insight. I feel now we are called to not fit in but to stand out and we have little choice, it what we were created for. The vaccines are the golden calf and we have to help the rest through the desert. Thanks for saying "God never breaks his promise" we must not loose hope.

    A few weeks ago I had a dream where my grandmother came to me, at the time I was quite despairing, she was a holy woman and passed away back in the 1980s, we were very close when I was a small boy. She said one word to me, "Hope"

    Lets all pray even more and have hope, courage and peace, like the peace you mention when Christ was in the boat. Thank you and God Bless.
     
  14. Indy

    Indy Praying

    I am completely with you on Ivermectin and vitamins plus I reckon I have a good immune system as it is. But in Ireland people are no obsessed with this vaccine pass needed to get into places and are foolish to take the bribe and then the jabs. For many particularly Christians I am sure the holy spirit will help them against any poison but I am not going to be bribed, unless my Children are to suffer. I have a beer kit, bbq and a garden packed with vegetables. Thanks Beth for such sound advice, I appreciate it. God Bless.
     
  15. Beth B

    Beth B Beth Marie

    Hi Ellen,

    I took it three times a week with food ( cottage cheese or applesauce) when I got infected…now I take it every three to four weeks as a prophylactic.

    I’m linking some helpful videos…there are more out there…

    I hope this helps you!





     
    Indy and Sam like this.
  16. Beth B

    Beth B Beth Marie

    Oh Indy, you sound like such a wise person. I truly understand the pressure. My son begged me and was worried sick when I got it, but I was never worried. I guess I’m different than most. He did get it and had horrible side effects with the second vaccine. He won’t get any boosters. He only told me about it after I was already positive for Covid. He won’t say, but I think he regrets it…
    He also felt the pressure to get it and the media scared everyone into it….and he wanted to travel. Pressure was coming from every direction.

    God bless you too Indy! I pray you are at peace no matter what course you take. I’m so sorry for the anguish I see so many suffering. I had such a lousy last four years that this Covid didn’t phase me in the least. Guess that’s pretty bad in and of itself. I’m just giving it to God like the rest of my life. It’s in His control anyhow….not mine +
     
    Indy, Sam, HeavenlyHosts and 4 others like this.
  17. Michael Pio

    Michael Pio Archangels

    God bless you for having resisted pressure!
     
    HeavenlyHosts, Beth B and AED like this.
  18. RoryRory

    RoryRory Perseverance

    I am praying for all on this forum- was at Adoration today. Pressure here as well but hope in Jesus Blessed Mother and St. Joseph.
     
    Sam, HeavenlyHosts, miker and 4 others like this.
  19. padraig

    padraig Powers

    Thank you so much.

    Missing mass and confession so much. Jealous.
     
  20. Beth B

    Beth B Beth Marie

    Thank you Michael, but although I was pressured, my decision to remain firm against it was two part. One, I’m unlike others because my children are raised and if God calls me home, I’m ok with that. No, I’m not looking forward to going out the hard way, but then again, we’re not going to choose how we die anyhow. That’s in Gods hands. Additionally, I do not trust the origins of this virus and the coverup now unfolding…..and I don’t trust this experimental vaccine. The government authorities have demanded we mask up until you get the “vaccine” Now after getting the “ vaccine “ you’re still told to mask up by the new standards. Well if the “ vaccine “ was supposed to protect you, then why the need for a mask?
    Now we are seeing that the vaccine doesn’t prevent you from getting Covid and those with preexisting health issues and those with no existing health issues are getting Covid, being hospitalized and some have died. Censored reports from msm found on alternative platforms show many have died just from getting the “vaccine “ or have serious lifetime health issues.

    Because of this and more, I’ve just made a personal decision for myself that I would rather take my chances, take supplements for boosting my immunity, take the ivermectin monthly and put my life in Gods good hands.
    I hope anyone reading this understands that this is just my opinion based on my knowledge to date. In no way do I feel that anyone who disagrees with my decision is wrong or that I am judging them. Everyone’s circumstances are different. My personal situation allows me to make a life and death decision much different than others. I’m perfectly ok with whatever God allows. In the end, we are not going to live a minute longer or die a second sooner than He determines regardless.

    The only thing that concerns me now is trying to be a good example for my children and that if they should need me even now, that God allows me to be here for them.
    More important, I’m concerned that my soul is prepared to meet my Lord at judgement. If I get sick and don’t recover, I want my soul to be free from serious sin, so I do get to confession as often as it’s available. None of us know the day, or hour God brings us home. So if nothing else, this virus has me very conscious of the condition of my soul and I hopefully am a better person with this at the forefront of my mind….where it should be at every moment anyhow.


    Im no braver than anyone here by avoiding the vaccine or the pressure to get it. I don’t know that I’m right. It’s just what my heart is telling me to do. I pray that everyone here that is struggling with this finds peace with their decision. I’m not judging anyone and I hope you don’t judge me. It’s beyond our pay grade….It is only for God.
     
    Michael Pio, RoryRory, Sam and 4 others like this.

Share This Page