Prayer request for aspiring convert

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by DivineMercy, Jun 3, 2018.

  1. DivineMercy

    DivineMercy Archangels

    hello everyone, I was hoping I could get some prayers going for Hayden. She was raised in an anti Catholic environment, but is now engaged to Austin, a very devout Catholic young man. Because she wants to become Catholic and marry a devout Catholic man, her parents kicked her out and disowned her. She’s now living in a trailer on her future in laws property. This couple are truly chaste and modest, and a heart-warming example of a devout couple. Hayden prays the rosary and wears a scapular - even though her parents never even had her baptized (parents are lapsed Catholic, quasi Baptist, vehemently anti-Catholic). Hayden and Austin are both very orthodox and very observant of what we now like to say “doing what the Church always has done” Catholicism, and entering rcia this fall. Her heart is breaking over her parents rejection, she had been hiding her intention to become Catholic to her parents for months, including hiding her scapular. Now that they revealed their engagement, her parents have completely disowned her. Any prayers for her would be greatly appreciated (she is marrying the brother of my own sister’s fiancé :love:
     
  2. HeavenlyHosts

    HeavenlyHosts Powers

    Adding her to the list
    Praying now
     
    gracia, Carol55, DivineMercy and 2 others like this.
  3. Praetorian

    Praetorian Powers

    I will pray for her at mass this morning. I was never blessed with children, but I cannot imagine going so far as to disown a child no matter what they had done. Very, very sad :(
     
  4. HeavenlyHosts

    HeavenlyHosts Powers

    Her desire to become Catholic is very convicting to her parents, apparently
    Sad :(
     
  5. Mary's child

    Mary's child Powers

    Most heavenly Mother of our most Gracious God, please keep our sister and brother Hayden and Austin within thy most chaste mantle of love. As they follow in the footsteps of Christ, though the journey be arduous and seemingly long, keep them secure in your love. Help Hayden to know and see that you are her mother too, that your loving care is all encompassing, lead them both to your son, our Lord. Thank you Mary, thank you most Holy Trinity.
     
    Dolours, gracia, Carol55 and 4 others like this.
  6. DivineMercy

    DivineMercy Archangels

    Thank you so much everyone! Today she disabled her Instagram account because she had announced her engagement and then comments were appearing on her engagement photos with bible verses referencing obeying and honoring parents.
     
  7. Praetorian

    Praetorian Powers

    So sorry. :(
    Obey in all but sin. That goes across the board.
    To abandon the One True Church is to abandon God. There is no sin in disobeying parents trying to lead one away from Christ.

    I don't know how Instagram works, but could she not just block certain people?
     
  8. Carol55

    Carol55 Ave Maria

    DivineMercy, I will be praying for this couple also. This is a very difficult cross for them to bear but I will be praying that things get better for them very soon.
     
  9. DivineMercy

    DivineMercy Archangels

    I’m not quite sure how it works yet, I got one just recently and added very select family members(n). She is a very sweet girl, and when she decided to start wearing skirts often her parents freaked out and said she was joining a cult. She would literally pull her car over on the way home and change back into jeans to avoid them yelling at her. She has been suffering a lot for her newfound faith.
     
    HeavenlyHosts, Mary's child and AED like this.
  10. AED

    AED Powers

    God bless her. Her sufferings will be a great channel of grace to her family. Reminds me of the early martyrs in Rome who withstood terrible pressure from families to become Christians.
     
  11. Mario

    Mario Powers

    Holy Spirit, may her parents become the most surprising reverts under the wellspring of Thy unction!

    Safe Under the Mantle of Mary!
     
    DivineMercy, josephite, AED and 3 others like this.
  12. josephite

    josephite Powers

    I will add this intention for Hayden and Austin and the families involved , to my rosary.

    There are always many facets to every suffering and healings take place in many areas, that we may not expect or even do not see!

    I believe these healings happen while we pray and is one of the many powers of prayer, which touches the heart of God and releases graces and most times it happens before our prayer intention is fully seen to be answered. Prayer and patience; waiting and trusting in the Lord

    Divine Mercy of Jesus I trust in You. Amen
     
    gracia, AED, HeavenlyHosts and 3 others like this.

Share This Page