Prayer for my pastor :(

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by fallen saint, Nov 10, 2015.

  1. fallen saint

    fallen saint Baby steps :)

    So, i like to go to Sunday night mass. The pastor of our parish is usually the presider. I got there early, we smiled at each other and gave a strong handshake. We were cordial but we really didn't talk...but we were generally glad to see each other. We would always cross paths and it was always a smile and a chuckle. He likes to give a introduction at the beginning of mass about the readings. He likes to sing with the chorus and leads the prayers with strong conviction. He takes his time during the consecration and this week gave a extra long sermon. Going over the history of the reading what it ment then and how it affects us now. This Sundays sermon seemed to be extra long. But over all... he would always give us homework of a little prayer, a gospel reading or a act of charity. He was a good pastor and a spiritual friend.

    I am saddened to say... i received a email at 3pm monday afternoon that Monsignor G. had passed. Its been a very somber afternoon...but after much reflection I think what a lucky man he was. He did what God had asked him to do. He was the best priest he could be.

    Time for you guys to help me send him with trumpets to saint peter. Please say a little prayer for Monsignor G.

    May Gods Will be Done
     
    Katfalls, Julia and CrewDog like this.
  2. padraig

    padraig Powers

    Praying for the Monsignor. He doesn't sound like he will need many, but for what it is worth.:)
     
    fallen saint likes this.
  3. Booklady

    Booklady Powers

    I will say a prayer for your wonderful pastor, Monsignor G, Fallen Saint.
     
    fallen saint likes this.
  4. bflocatholic

    bflocatholic Powers

    Prayers going up for Msgr. G.
     
    fallen saint likes this.
  5. josephite

    josephite Powers

    Have said a prayer and asked him to please pray for us, especially the MoG forum.
     
    fallen saint likes this.
  6. Praetorian

    Praetorian Powers

    I am sorry for the loss FS, I will pray for him now.
     
    fallen saint likes this.
  7. miker

    miker Powers

    Praying for Msgr. G and your parish.
     
    fallen saint likes this.
  8. Mario

    Mario Powers

    As will I.

    Safe in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!
     
    fallen saint likes this.
  9. Infant Jesus of Prague

    Infant Jesus of Prague The More you Honor Me The More I will Bless Thee

    Lord have Mercy on Msgr and Grant Eternal rest.

    Msgr and my local Priest are cut from the same cloth:)

    More prayers for Msgr FS and Parish
     
    fallen saint likes this.
  10. I'm sorry for your loss FS, I will remember him in prayer.
     
    fallen saint likes this.
  11. Florida Panther

    Florida Panther Jesus through Mary

    Prayers sent
     
    fallen saint likes this.
  12. CrewDog

    CrewDog Guest

    Lord, I pray for Msgr. G and ALL My Comrades in Faith, My Comrades in Arms, My Family, My Friends and ALL who have passed through my life ... living and dead. AMEN!!

    GOD SAVE ALL HERE!!
     
    fallen saint and Julia like this.
  13. PotatoSack

    PotatoSack Powers

    I am sorry for your loss. Praying...
     
    fallen saint likes this.
  14. Julia

    Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

    Dear Merciful Jesus, please cover the soul of Msgr. G with Your most precious Blood, that You may purify, cleanse, heal and restore any little area holding him up in his triumphal entry into Your Heavenly Kingdom.

    I know, we lost a holy Priest in September, and I still feel a little choke when I think we will never again hear his holy and beautiful Mass, and his little ways that were so dear to me.

    God comfort you too Fallen Saint in this sad loss my friend.
     
    fallen saint likes this.
  15. Hail Mary! May God have mercy on him and bring him to eternal rest.
     
    fallen saint likes this.
  16. fallen saint

    fallen saint Baby steps :)

    Thank you...this is why the forum is important. All the debates and arguments mean very little. What makes us spiritualy strong is our prayers. Thats is the main reason this site is important. St. padraig...thank you for your apostolate...it is a great gift.


    :)
     

Share This Page