Prayer for Mark

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by Jackie, May 26, 2020.

1. Mario

Mario Powers

The Gospel is truly contrary to the wisdom of the world!

1 Cor 1:20 Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not know God through wisdom, it pleased God through the folly of what we preach to save those who believe. 22 For Jews demand signs and Greeks seek wisdom, 23 but we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and folly to Gentiles, 24 but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26 For consider your call, brethren; not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth; 27 but God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise, God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong, 28 God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are, 29 so that no human being might boast in the presence of God. 30 He is the source of your life in Christ Jesus, whom God made our wisdom, our righteousness and sanctification and redemption; 31 therefore, as it is written, "Let him who boasts, boast of the Lord."

josephite, Sam and AED like this.
  2. Jackie

Jackie Archangels

Mario and all, Mark has had two spine surgeries since he lost feeling in his legs a few days ago. Today, he can stand with support but not walk. Mark calledI spoke with him a few minutes ago and for the first time since the cancer metastasized. He is considering moving to a different hospital with a brand new PT facility and is closer to home though he loves his current hospital. He said, still, walking may for him may never return.

Touchy, even as it is the the most important, I’ve been anxious when to text or speak of the spiritual to him. I asked Mark just now over the phone if he would like a priest to come by the hospital to hear his Confession. Yay! He did not say no but is going to consider it. Mark shared “I have been fighting this cancer six years” so speaks of about the gravity.
    Mario and all, Mark has had two spine surgeries since he lost feeling in his legs a few days ago. Right now, he can stand with support but not walk.

Mark called! I spoke with him a few minutes ago and for the first time since the cancer metastasized. He is considering moving to a different hospital with a brand new physical therapy facility and is closer to home though he loves his current hospital. He told me, despite PT, walking for him may never return.

Touchy, even as it is the the most important, I’ve been anxious when to text or speak of the spiritual. I asked just now over the phone if he would like a priest to come by the hospital to hear his Confession? Yay! He did not say no but is going to consider it. Mark shared “I have been fighting this cancer for six years” plus more comments so Mark’s at a time, is speaking of the gravity.

Patty, Beth B, josephite and 6 others like this.
  3. Jackie

Jackie Archangels

Oops, I double posted. Sorry.

4. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Quite understandable. God is working. Let’s keep praying.

5. Jackie

Jackie Archangels

Copied your prayer AED, it is way, an answer. Thank you. Truly, it will not help talking to my now Protestant sister in-law on this subject. I have lately and gently been explaining redemptive suffering to my brother.

6. AED

AED Powers

I will keep you both in my prayers.

Beth B, DesertStar7 and Julia like this.
  7. Jackie

Jackie Archangels

Sam, I was going to put up your St. Paul verse (Col 1:24) and then decided not to reply at all. I bet even an apologist for the Faith has difficulty convincing family who have left Catholicism.

8. AED

AED Powers

Yep. It is.

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  9. padraig

padraig New Member

Offering up Mass.

10. padraig

padraig New Member

I read something from French Spiritual writer years ago that touches on this.

He said that the Cross we are sent is the very Cross that we would least have, but the very Cross that we most need

Jackie, Beth B, HeavenlyHosts and 4 others like this.
  11. padraig

padraig New Member

I have found this to be very true in my own Spiritual Life, the one virtue I really needed3 was humility so I have had perpetual humiliations.

HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.
  12. padraig

padraig New Member

Mark is so blessed to have you in his life

13. Sam

Sam Powers

Yes, it seems all we have is prayer

14. Jackie

Jackie Archangels

We are all strengthened by and happy Our Lord resolved your suffering. I wanted to cry when I read for you, it was three years of this Cross Mario.

The underlined, you put so well. You can apply the same or similar to a loved one far from Catholicism. How do you evangelize them as in the case of Mark who never practiced the Faith his entire adult life? The anxiety, if I say the wrong thing, he’ll shut down, reject any talk then. Pride, sticking to a my life was lived as I wish attitude. He hasn’t yet. Oh I know it because of prayer. Hugs to y’all.

HeavenlyHosts, Sam and AED like this.
  15. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

love this one Padraig...

16. padraig

padraig New Member

It is so true when you apply it to your own life

HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.
  17. Jackie

Jackie Archangels

My brother Mark died this morning. He fought prostate cancer for six years and in the last three months
    the cancer had metastasized to his spine. Mark was 63. Pray for him. I so appreciate -all- your prayers already prayed for Mark. He died at home as he wished. And I now just had the time to check, Sept. 12th is one of Our Lady’s feast days!

18. Jo M

Jo M Powers

I am so sorry, Jackie. Your brother fought a courageous battle. Praying for Mark's soul. Such a special gift that he passed on this feast day.

Sam, HeavenlyHosts, AED and 1 other person like this.
  19. Mary's child

Mary's child Powers

Prayers for the repose of Mark's soul, may he find eternal rest within the arms of our Lord.

20. AED

AED Powers

Jackie I am so very sorry for your loss. It is a great gift to have died on a feast of Our Lady. I will pray for Mark at Mass this morning and for you.

Sam, Jo M and HeavenlyHosts like this.