I not sure what significance this has, probably none, but the past two days I have awoken with the old American Gospel Hymn "Leaning on the Everlasting Arms" in my head and I have been unable to "Shake it off" for two days now! I don't hang out in Baptist Churches much and the only place, I'm sure, that I have heard this hymn is in an old 50s Robert Mitchum movie where he played a Bad-Guy preacher and apparently it was also played in "True Grit" redo but I have not seen that movie. . I did a net search (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leaning_on_the_Everlasting_Arms) this morn and I find it interesting that it was inspired while the author was writing letters of consolation. My old Gal Friend, Georgia, has had a tough year with three of her close family dying in the past 6 months ... one funeral today .... and her ordeal has been weighing heavy on my mind! Perhaps this is what triggered this Hymn? Anyway ... I'd appreciate your prayers for Georgia, Sue and Daniel ... for me too please ;-) GOD BLESS US .. EVERYONE! PS: It is a nice Hymn! "Leaning on the Everlasting Arms" Anthony J. Showalter and Elisha Hoffman What a fellowship, what a joy divine, Leaning on the everlasting arms; What a blessedness, what a peace is mine, Leaning on the everlasting arms. Refrain: Leaning, leaning, safe and secure from all alarms; Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms. O how sweet to walk in this pilgrim way, Leaning on the everlasting arms; O how bright the path grows from day to day, Leaning on the everlasting arms. Refrain What have I to dread, what have I to fear, Leaning on the everlasting arms; I have blessed peace with my Lord so near, Leaning on the everlasting arms. Refrain (Alternate version of refrain, typically sung by basses): Leaning on Jesus, leaning on Jesus, safe and secure from all alarms; Leaning on Jesus, leaning on Jesus, leaning on the everlasting arms.
Crewdog, May Our Lady, Mother of Sorrows, place all three of them under her mantle! Mercy, Lord! Glory to God in the highest!