Pope Francis

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by padraig, Oct 26, 2019.

1. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Whilst our present incumbent cracks down on the Mass of all Ages -- liturgical abuse and novelties run rampant making a mockery of the Mass --

This makes me angry, very angry - is it wrong to want to clobber that priest with the guitar??

DeGaulle, Sam, Mary's child and 3 others like this.
  2. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

Thank God I have never encountered anything so bizarre at a Holy Mass or would never return to such an insult in the face of God. There is no sign of a Crucifix or Tabernacle or did I miss it.

Lately I am beginning to feel sick to the stomach with what is going on. Confusion, confusion, confusion.

Sam, Mary's child, MetAn and 2 others like this.
  3. luz

luz Principalities

Blessing with a guitar?

I wonder what would happen to a priest nowadays if he dared blessing people with a Ostensory / Monstrance

DeGaulle, Sam and Julia like this.
  4. padraig

padraig Powers

A Holy Irish Hermit priest told me one time about visiting a French Abbot who had a widespread reputation for being a Saint. The Hermit Father told me he knew at once the Frenchman was a saint. Curious I asked him how.

The Irish Father said it was because the French Abbot had a crucifix in his hand and as they talked his fingers constantly and lovingly ran over this. That's how he knew.

If we love someone or something our thoughts and our glance and are all will constantly orbit the beloved as a planet orbits the sun, round and round and round.

If a person loves golf, for instance, he will constantly be at the golf course, thinking about gold, talking about golf, reading about it and even dressing golf like. As my mother used to say when speaking of someone who loved something that they will be turned into the thing that they loved.

In the case of Jesus of course our love, the grace of the Spirit burns us so fiercely it transforms us into the image of Jesus in the Furnace of Love that is the Blessed Trinity.

Jesus is ever on our thoughts and tongues.

If this is true even of we poor laypeople it should be a thousand times more true of our Bishops who are pure conduits of the Holy Spirit. For them the Holy Name of Jesus should be a constant song. The chorus of their every word and action.

Te Deum, DeGaulle, Sam and 5 others like this.
  5. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

When we attend Benediction, thanks be to God the Priest blesses everyone with the Monstrance while Holy Eucharist is exposed therein, before reposing Holy Eucharist in the Tabernacle. Is this blessing the norm everywhere ?

Te Deum, AED, Mary's child and 2 others like this.
  6. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Yes, it is here in US. Very powerful.

7. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

I think that the toleration of such mockeries and the suppression of the traditional Mass are not two seperate categories.

AED likes this.
  8. Luan Ribeiro

Luan Ribeiro Powers

197 Cardinals will gather in Rome to discuss new constit[​IMG]
    Antoine Mekary | ALETEIA
    I.Media for Aleteia - published on 08/27/22

Only between 30 and 40 cardinals will be absent, probably due to health reasons and travel difficulties.

Cardinals from around the world will meet in Rome on August 29 and 30 to reflect on the new Apostolic Constitution reforming the Roman Curia.

The Pope announced on May 29 that the Consistory to be held on August 27, during which he will create 20 new cardinals, including 16 electors, will be followed by two days of meetings of the cardinals on the new Apostolic Constitution Praedicate Evangelium, which governs the organization of the Roman Curia since its entry into force on June 5, the day of Pentecost.

[​IMG]
    Read more:From CDF to DDF and other highlights of Curia changes
    Here are some details of the gathering, as announced by the Vatican press office:

The two days of work will begin in the morning at 9:00 a.m. and resume in the afternoon at 4:00 p.m., after a break for lunch. There will be meetings in language groups to discuss different aspects of the document, and there will also be discussions in the plenary session. This methodology is similar to that of the Synods, although the brevity of this assembly will not allow every participant to speak.

In total, the press office reports that 197 participants have confirmed their attendance, mostly cardinals, but also Eastern patriarchs and the heads of the Secretariat of State.

Non-electing cardinals were invited, bringing the total number of invited cardinals to 226. Between 30 and 40 cardinals will be absent, probably due to health reasons and travel difficulties.

The assembly will conclude with the consistorial Mass, celebrated on Tuesday, August 30, at 5:30 p.m. in St. Peter’s Basilica. This Mass is usually held on Sunday, but it has been postponed because of Pope Francis’ visit to L’Aquila, the day after the Consistory.

[​IMG]
    Read more:With 16 new cardinal electors, what would a conclave

https://www.google.com/amp/s/aletei...ther-in-rome-to-discuss-new-constitution/amp/

HeavenlyHosts and Carol55 like this.
  9. luz

luz Principalities

"although the brevity of this assembly will not allow every participant to speak."

I hope I'm wrong...but I think we can have some idea on what kind of cardinals will be allowed to speak, and who will not.

Ang, Jo M, Frankly and 3 others like this.
  10. Frankly

Frankly Archangels

Along with that: How many of the 190 are in full Communion with Catholicism?

11. Frankly

Frankly Archangels

Pope names new cardinals - putting his stamp in Church's future

VATICAN CITY, Aug 27 (Reuters) - Pope Francis on Saturday inducted 20 cardinals from around the world,
    choosing men who mostly agree with his vision of a more progressive and inclusive Church and influencing their choice of his eventual successor.

Those under 80 - 16 among the 20 newcomers - can enter a conclave to elect a new pope from among themselves after he dies or resigns.

Francis, elected as pope in 2013, has now chosen 83 of the 132 cardinal electors, or about 63%.

One significant appointment is that of Bishop Robert McElroy of San Diego, California, who is seen as a progressive.
    By giving San Diego its first cardinal, Francis bypassed conservative archbishops in San Francisco and Los Angeles.

McElroy has been an outspoken ally of Francis' pastoral approach to social issues, such as protection of the environment and a more welcoming approach to gay Catholics.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/with-new-cardinals-pope-puts-stamp-church-future-2022-08-27/

Carol55 likes this.
  12. Ang

Ang Principalities

He can appoint some of the most liberal and progressive cardinals, BUT, he can not know which ones will have a major conversion after the warning. Try as he might…. God is in control!

13. Luan Ribeiro

Luan Ribeiro Powers

14. Frankly

Frankly Archangels

[​IMG]

Pope re-appoints pro-LGBT Fr. James Martin JESUIT
    as adviser to Vatican communications department

Martin already served a five-year term advising the Vatican,
    despite his public, continued rejection of perennial Catholic teaching on LGBT issues and homosexuality.

... 16 former distinct 'avenues' of Vatican Communication - now comes under one Umbrella.. !!! aka Martin's in a very very influencial position including his massive influence w/Twitter

“I’m happy to share the news that the Holy Father has re-appointed me to another five-year term as a consultor for the Vatican’s Dicastery for Communication,” Martin wrote on Twitter.
    “I’m honored by the appointment and so much enjoy working with the Dicastery.”

[​IMG]
    The letter was signed by {the also controversial} Cardinal Secretary of State, Pietro Parolin, on March 21, 2022, but Martin wrote he was only allowed to release the news August 25.

HeavenlyHosts and Carol55 like this.
  15. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Martin is an example of a false teacher that our Lord warned us about. But the one who promotes him is the one who bears greater responsibility.

SteveD, Clare A, PNF and 7 others like this.
  16. Blizzard

Blizzard thy kingdom come

BAF8EFA2-26D6-431E-915B-DBDC6AE50380.jpeg B9BF86EA-90E0-4938-B420-22F6C5AF867D.jpeg

SteveD, Byron, HeavenlyHosts and 2 others like this.
  17. Luan Ribeiro

Luan Ribeiro Powers

I read an interview with the late Jesuit general adolfo Nicholás in 2015 in which he says that the ideal is that at the end of the synod on the family each diocese would hold its own synod, which reminds us of what is happening in the church today; decentralization: Freemasonry's plan to suppress papal primacy and thereby call into question (in the local churches) all the dogmas and teachings of the Church.
    https://www.ihu.unisinos.br/78-noti...-seu-documentoq-entrevista-com-adolfo-nicolas

PNF likes this.
  18. Frankly

Frankly Archangels

I've had experiences with (some) Jesuits.. and Know they Preach(ed) Apostasy.. (worse than heresy) and involve in Division (de facto Schism).
    Luciferianism comes to mind..
    And behind that them and other AntiCHRISTian -isms - including Masonry - are the Apex of the Synagogue of Satan..

19. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

20. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Masonry for sure :cry: