Please Pray...

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by gracia, Jul 8, 2018.

  1. gracia

    gracia Archangels

    Thank you very much, Seagrace, I think this is where God is calling me to be, too. Stop dropping hints, or trying to teach or lead, just let it go, keep everything in the heart, keep it private, don't shove anything, and stay hopeful. Let God handle it. The word humility kind of says it all.
     
    josephite, Praetorian, Sam and 2 others like this.
  2. gracia

    gracia Archangels

    Thank you, Praetorian. I do think just being silent is the answer right now.
     
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    josephite, Praetorian and AED like this.
  3. HeavenlyHosts

    HeavenlyHosts Powers

    This is such a simple prayer for each day, and it is truly the answer!
     
    josephite and Praetorian like this.
  4. HeavenlyHosts

    HeavenlyHosts Powers

    Gracia, I am not trying to meddle in your affairs, but it disturbs when you say that he doesn't allow you to go to Mass. What's up with that? Wow. I know the husband is the head of the family, but the wife is the heart. I didn't think that a husband was entitled to keep his wife from going to a Mass. You have mentioned that several times and I think it is the key here.
     
    Praetorian and sunburst like this.
  5. gracia

    gracia Archangels

    He's a very conservative man from India.
     
  6. HeavenlyHosts

    HeavenlyHosts Powers

    I won't pursue this but I think it goes beyond conservative. You won't hear more about this from me, but it is way out of line, IMHO.
     
  7. sunburst

    sunburst Powers

    There is a difference between being a conservative and a dictator. I think you are in a very difficult situation for one thing and I will say a few prayers for you today but even with many prayers unless ones heart is open, those graces will not penetrate a heart of stone.
    Would you have access to a Catholic counselor?
     
    Praetorian and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  8. padraig

    padraig Powers

    I admire you all so much for your courage, you are an inspiration to me.

    I find this time and again on the forum. It is like the old saying, 'I though I was poor because I had no shoes till I met a man who had no feet' . Such big crosses but you all plough on in Faith and Love and Hope and Patience. What a lesson this is for me.

    Truly the Sacrament of Marriage is truly a Golden Road to Heaven if embraced in the fullness of Love and Sacrifice. I had no idea.
     
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  9. SgCatholic

    SgCatholic Guest

    Padraig, I hope you don't mind me...
    I'm sure this is a typo.
    It should read: ' I thought I was poor because I had no shoes, till I met a man who had no feet.'
     
  10. padraig

    padraig Powers

    :rolleyes: indeed
     
  11. gracia

    gracia Archangels

    Beautifully said about marriage. Yes, it's a beautiful but very narrow, steep road up to Heaven. God bless you, Padraig.
     
  12. AED

    AED Powers

    Great post!!!
     
  13. AED

    AED Powers

    That is kind of where I
    Am at. The days of polemics are over. This has to be fought on the spiritual level.
     
  14. Seagrace

    Seagrace Archangels

    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
     
  15. Mary's child

    Mary's child Powers

    Gracia, I cannot speak for the others, but your situation mirrors mine as well. I stood my ground on this one point. My faith is the only stop point where he is not allowed to interfere with. My prayers are with you as this is indeed a hard and lonely road.
     
    AED, heyshepard, josephite and 4 others like this.
  16. heyshepard

    heyshepard Archangels

    Prayers going out for you. My wife brought me back to Catholicism. When I became serious about my faith i felt my family backing away. The best i can do is pray for their return
     
  17. josephite

    josephite Powers

    I've seached Gracia's posts [on this thread] for where she states that her husband doesn't allow her to go to Mass and I can't find it. I'm probably missing something here.
    If that is the case it is very sad to say the least.

    Gracia does your husband go to his own protestant church?

    If so that means he is aware that a church building is a house for prayer and therefore he must believe in prayer! you could say to him that you wish to pray also in your church building and go when Mass is offered if possible.

    If your husband has a problem with you praying at home, while he is there, I have found that going for a walk each day and praying the rosary alleviates that problem. Also spiritual communions and placing yourself spiritually at the tabernacle throughout the day is a wonderful thing to do without alerting anyone else that this is what you are doing.

    My next rosary for your intentions and thank you for your prayers.

    Edited to add..
    I should say my husband does not stop me from saying the rosary inside [at times he even says it with me] but he can get irritated if he thinks I am praying too much.
     
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    AED, heyshepard, gracia and 2 others like this.
  18. HeavenlyHosts

    HeavenlyHosts Powers

    It has been mentioned several times and yes it is sad
    There are some very powerful and supportive suggestions here
    And many prayers going up
    Stay calm and keep the Faith, Gracia
     
    josephite, Seagrace, AED and 3 others like this.
  19. gracia

    gracia Archangels

    Thank you, guys. Praying and staying calm feels like the best advice. God can do anything. Praying the Rosary while I walk by myself sounds like a brilliant idea.
     
  20. gracia

    gracia Archangels

    Sometimes the most brilliant, Catholic things come out of his mouth, at other times it's sadly hateful, stupid clichés. The little moments of sympathy, openness, understanding, and insight give me hope. I think there's an incredibly slow battle going on. I think he's probably much smarter than I give him credit for, but compelling him to view or hear media meant to pull him in the other direction will only make things worse. Praying and being hopeful and just letting the Holy Spirit work on both of us together seems like the most likely to succeed attack plan.
     
    josephite, Seagrace and HeavenlyHosts like this.

Share This Page