Place of Refuge

Discussion in 'Positive Critique' started by Fatima, Apr 22, 2013.

  1. Yes, I traveled--in person (once with my mother) across the country by car.
     
  2. RoryRory

    RoryRory Perseverance

    What happens here in Canada Do we hope to follow Mary and Jesus, Are there refuges,We have liberal priests, Bishop
    and we are forever praying for them. They are our leaders and I think they are on another path sometimes We still have mass but faith is sliding-truth not getting preached about the hard sins qnd a congress is being help that started with Paul Lakeland. he won't be here but his ideas are.
     
  3. padraig

    padraig Powers

    Jeremiah 30

    7 This is what the Lord says:
    “Sing with joy for Jacob;
    shout for the foremost of the nations.
    Make your praises heard, and say,
    ‘Lord, save your people,
    the remnant of Israel.’
    8 See, I will bring them from the land of the north
    and gather them from the ends of the earth.
    Among them will be the blind and the lame,
    expectant mothers and women in labor;
    a great throng will return.
    9 They will come with weeping;
    they will pray as I bring them back.
    I will lead them beside streams of water
    on a level path where they will not stumble,
    because I am Israel’s father,
    and Ephraim is my firstborn son.
    10 “Hear the word of the Lord, you nations;
    proclaim it in distant coastlands:
    ‘He who scattered Israel will gather them
    and will watch over his flock like a shepherd.’
    11 For the Lord will deliver Jacob
    and redeem them from the hand of those stronger than they.
    12 They will come and shout for joy on the heights of Zion;
    they will rejoice in the bounty of the Lord—
    the grain, the new wine and the olive oil,
    the young of the flocks and herds.
    They will be like a well-watered garden,
    and they will sorrow no more.
    13 Then young women will dance and be glad,
    young men and old as well.
    I will turn their mourning into gladness;
    I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
    14 I will satisfy the priests with abundance,
    and my people will be filled with my bounty,”
    declares the Lord.




    Isaiah 42:16
    I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them.
     
  4. RoryRory

    RoryRory Perseverance

    What about Canada? Any refuges here?
     
  5. RoryRory

    RoryRory Perseverance

    Replying to my own thread
    Sorry Padraig I guess we will be led if we are faithful
     
  6. Marmora is one. It certainly has a role to play.
     
  7. HOPE

    HOPE Guest

    ???
     
  8. insearch

    insearch Angels

  9. garabandal

    garabandal Powers

  10. "Quis ut Deus"

    "Quis ut Deus" ADMIN Staff Member

    We were faced with a similar problem so we decided to look for a prayer or novena to move house,we prayed to St Anne and a day after the novena was finished a buyer purchased or house,I also blessed our home with loreto oil before we moved, based on the story that the angels lifted Our Lady's house from turkey and placed it in loreto. I asked that the angels move me and my family (home) to a new and safe place and told them not to worry about lifting the house because it was just bricks and mortar.Home is were the heart is :love:

    Strangely enough I am in the process of building a little chapel under my new house as I felt guided to do so and was trying to think of a name maybe it should be loreto.:)
     
    Mario, HOPE and Carmel333 like this.
  11. padraig

    padraig Powers

    I have heard there are refuges in Ireland. I have no idea if this is true.

    However I did visit a refuge in Italy, it was in the moutains south of Rome. A small lovely little village. I forget its name it was set up by Our Lady. I talked to some of the people who are there they are very good.

    Ah yes I remeber the village is called Galantaro, very hard to get to. It took me ages. I was told about t in Medugorje.
     
  12. Mario

    Mario Powers

    I'll only be able to stumble around, but at least I'll be glad!:ROFLMAO:

    Safe in the Joy of the Holy Spirit!
     
  13. padraig

    padraig Powers

    I think the whole of chapter 30 is about this, Terry. :)

    You will not be the only one stumbling, though we might surprise ourselves. Its amazing what hunger can do.
     
  14. padraig

    padraig Powers

    I had forgotten.

    About three or four years ago I was invited to address a large prayer group in Ireland. The lady of the house invited me. It was a large spread out unusual beautiful place and I saw at once Our Lady had set it aside as a refuge. The lady had not known this.

    But when I was there I saw that a large room being renovated by the man of the house and I asked his wife why they were doing this? She told me she did not know, he just liked to work with his hands.

    I saw at once that this was to be the Chapel of the refuge dedicated to Our Lady. She at once agreed.

    So it is possible one's home may actually be a refuge without you even knowing. :) But this house was perfect, rural with its own land and of very unusual construction , fit to house a large group. So its possible many of these places the people themselves do not even know....
     
  15. Mario

    Mario Powers

    MS7,
    What you share is of utmost importance! We must always be ready to go beyond ourselves and our immediate family. It is an extension of the Sermon on the Mount. In Mt 5, Jesus teaches us the demands of love...

    44 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you salute only your brethren, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same?

    Paul emphasizes the same point in Romans 12:

    20 No, "if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals upon his head." 21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

    Yes, it will take supernatural strength, even if it's mostly with other Catholic families. My young family made its pilgrimage to Medjugorje back in 1987, a time before construction and the expansion of homes had taken place. Imagine playing hostess to a constant, ever changing influx of pilgrims (about 4000/day back then)! :eek: So we have our modern day example. But it is a demanding example which only the domestic Church coupled with Our Lady's maternal care can handle!

    Safe in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!
     
  16. PotatoSack

    PotatoSack Powers

    so how did you know where to go and that the places you were seeing were places of refuge? did you have locutions to guide you, or more of an inner feeling? was there another purpose to your cross-country trip (i.e. vacation, moving, etc.) as usually one does not drive across the country for no reason.

    Thanks MS7, I'm mainly just curious. Did you hit Massachusetts at all on your trips?
     
    HOPE likes this.
  17. PotatoSack

    PotatoSack Powers

    Interesting Padraig. was it a tour guide in Medj who told you of the place, or a pilgrim? and did they literally say that it is a place of refuge during the events? so do you think the whole village will be a refuge? I loved your story on the house in Ireland. I wonder what her place looks like now, 3 years later? perhaps the one who likes to work with his hands has been very busy the whole 3 years!
     
  18. PotatoSack

    PotatoSack Powers

    that is very interesting MS7. do you think the mark will be visible to all people?

    in terms of the consecration for me personally. It had been on my list of things to do (not knowing what it meant at all) because it had been mentioned in several medj messages. then I heard an interview with a priest who had done it and his experience sounded amazing, so it created a bit of a spark inside of me. so I was just casually speaking to Mary in my heart, asking if she wanted me to do this, and the affirmation was immediate and real. that just ignited the spark and I couldn't wait to start it. I was counting down the days until my books arrived from Amazon. I just had the most tremendous sense of urgency to do the consecration NOW. but I recommend it to everyone if you have never done it as I love it. there is absolutely no down-side to doing it. Given MS7's post above and Hope's as well, it might be a good time to renew that consecration if you have done it before.
     
    Adoremus likes this.
  19. Adoremus

    Adoremus Powers

    That is what I sense.

    Years ago, my late father had some very interesting and innovative plans drawn up for our property, consisting of a whole network of beehive-like huts to be used as accommodation in case he ever decided to turn our house into a commercial venture (he was quite the visionary, though not in a religious way). He never got around to having them built. Maybe I should go dig out those plans...
     
  20. padraig

    padraig Powers

    Cathy the lady whose house is a refuge is a member of the forum so she will tell you.

    As I was going up the the Mountain of the Cross in Medugorje I met a young Italian a complete stranger who told me he had a message for me direct from Our Lady!

    I am a complete sucker for such stuff and when he told me there had been Marian Apparitions at Gallantaro I knew I just had to go.

    I did not know it was a place of refuge until I got there and studied the messages and spoke to the people. It was set up. I think at the close of the Second World War.
     

Share This Page