Need prayers.....

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by miker, Jan 27, 2014.

  1. miker

    miker Powers

    May I ask for your prayers as there are just a number of attacks coming at my wife and I from many sides. Our son is struggling with several issues especially anger. My youngest is learning challenged and failing almost every class with no help coming from school. Last, my wife's business partner has stolen quite a large sum and even though we have forgiven her, she has been vicious.

    Sorry for this litany of woe and don't mean to sound complaining but I'm tired both physically and spiritually I know God is with me and is carrying me, but if you could remember me in a quick prayer I know it will be so helpful. Peace.
     
  2. picadillo

    picadillo Guest

    Miker,

    I will pray for you today at adoration. Ever since my mother died one month ago I also feel like my life is caving in. Trying to trust.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2014
    miker likes this.
  3. miker

    miker Powers

    Thank you. And I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. Will remember her in my intentions. I lost my Mom 3 years ago this coming Thursday and we still miss her terribly.
     
    picadillo likes this.
  4. padraig

    padraig Powers

    Praying for you Mike and family
     
    miker likes this.
  5. sunburst

    sunburst Powers

    When it rains,..it pours. I know what it is like to have a child with many challenges,..he passed away in 2002 at age 7. I have older children with anger issues at times,..I think it's the culture we live in,..so many things coming at them. Parents are struggling to makes ends meet and not always finding support in the day to day struggles. As for the school,.. ask the principle to give you the address for the board of education, so you can find out how your son's needs can be met. That might move them if you go above their head. As for the vicious business partner,..maybe you can google how to deal with an unruly business partners.
    Sometimes we need to let off a little steam, so we don't explode. Your family will be in my prayers today. Many God rain down His graces upon you.
     
    miker likes this.
  6. bflocatholic

    bflocatholic Powers

    You and your family are in my prayers, Mike... I will remember you all at Mass today.
     
    miker likes this.
  7. "Quis ut Deus"

    "Quis ut Deus" ADMIN Staff Member

    Do you feel worthless sometimes? Does
    your life seem meaningless? Prayers to
    St. Therese of Lisieux,
    (who is affectionately known as the
    “Little Flower”) can help remind you that
    in God’s eyes your “nothingness” is really something, as long as you give Him your best each day!


    More reading here http://www.ourcatholicprayers.com/prayers-to-st-therese.html
    O Little Therese of the Child Jesus,
    And heavenly sister of mine
    Please pick a rose for Mike and his family
    From the heavenly gardens
    And send it to Mike and family
    As a message of love.

    O little flower of Jesus,
    Ask God today to grant the favors
    I now place with confidence
    In your hands.

    All of Mike's requests

    St. Therese,
    help Mike and family to always believe,
    As you did,
    In God's great love for them,
    So that Mike and family might imitate your
    "Little Way" each day. Amen
     
    Mario and miker like this.
  8. miker

    miker Powers

    Thank you all for your prayers and beautiful words. They are very needed and comforting.
     
  9. PotatoSack

    PotatoSack Powers

    prayers for you and your family mike. same for you and your mom Pic.
     
    picadillo and miker like this.
  10. RoryRory

    RoryRory Perseverance

    Prayers for you and your family on Wed.at Adoration
     
    miker likes this.
  11. grimisocks

    grimisocks Archangels

    As someone who had to fend off spiritual doubts I feel your angst. I will remember your family during my next rosary. God bless you.
     
    miker likes this.
  12. Lots of prayers for everyone! May our trials turn into shiny silver!
     
    miker likes this.
  13. Mario

    Mario Powers

    miker,

    I will hold your family in prayer this coming month.

    May Our Mother, through whom Jesus chooses to crush the evil one, cover you with her Mantle and untie the knot of discouragement. May the Holy Spirit be the healing balm that restores your strength and joy. May the providential care of the Father offset the malice of your wife's business partner. May Divine Mercy complete a marvelous work in the hearts of your children and may the power of the Holy Mass and the Cross of Christ bring healing in your family tree to sever any generational links to anger.

    Oh the unmeasurable love of Jesus! We trust in you!

    Matthew 11:28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
     
    miker and RoryRory like this.
  14. Mario

    Mario Powers

    I'll ask my precious Mom, who went home to the Father's embrace almost 39 years ago, to pray for you all. May she welcome your Moms into the joy of heaven!

    Safe in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!
     
    miker and RoryRory like this.
  15. padraig

    padraig Powers

  16. padraig

    padraig Powers

     
    miker likes this.
  17. miker

    miker Powers

    Again. Thanks all for these heartfelt prayers. God has already softened the heart of our son - he apologized and I'm praying he completely repent and build his relationship with Jesus. I know all is in God's hands and it will all work according to His will. God bless you all. I'm praying for all of your intentions this week and especially at Mass.
     
    picadillo, sunburst and RoryRory like this.
  18. Jackie

    Jackie Archangels

    Prayers for your intention Miker. I have an older child in rebellion. He is away at college and I do not think
    he goes to Mass every Sunday. Don't you love when your kids come back to apologize after an argument? I tell mine, it is the Holy Spirit.

    And about the same as Mario, the number of years that I lost my mother. There weren't the recording and
    videos like now. It is good you have them of your dear mother.
     
    miker likes this.
  19. RoryRory

    RoryRory Perseverance

    Need prayers desperately for son and his wife--- very serious
     
  20. PotatoSack

    PotatoSack Powers

    praying rory...
     

Share This Page