NCYC 2015- Hope for our Church!

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by miker, Nov 21, 2015.

  1. miker

    miker Powers

    I had meant to ask you all to remember my kids and the 23,oo0 other young people attending this years National Catholic Youth Conference. It started on Friday - my son reached out and said it's been (his words-14 y/o) "awesome". They are learning their faith and see Jesus in adoration, confession, and the Mass. They see their priest, bishops, nuns and brothers.

    I can get down sometimes on the future, but when I see and here this, I am restored. They are not the future of the Church- they are part of the Church today. Peace

     
  2. Joe Crozier

    Joe Crozier Guest

    Really edifying and indeed full of hope. God bless them all. Praying for them now. Thanks Miker
     
    miker likes this.
  3. AllyinNY

    AllyinNY Angels

    Several teens from our Church are there! They are supposed to give a testimonial after next week. I can't wait to hear. Our daughter is hoping to go in the next time.
     
    Joe Crozier and miker like this.
  4. miker

    miker Powers

    AllyinNY- your daughter needs to go. Btw, you can see live streaming of event, including Mass tonight at following link:

    http://ncyc.nfcym.org
     
    AllyinNY, Sam and Joe Crozier like this.
  5. Heidi

    Heidi Powers

    My daughter is 14 and I have never heard of this.....I wish she could have gone.
     
  6. miker

    miker Powers

    Heidi - it's done every 2 years in Indy. Maybe suggest it to your parish? It's really worth it. And if you have time maybe watch live stream with your daughter tonight. I don't think you will regret it.
     
  7. miker

    miker Powers

    Btw- they are streaming live right now. :)
     
  8. AllyinNY

    AllyinNY Angels

    She is looking forward to it in 2 years. She could not go this year because she is 13 and doing 8th grade. We have watched some online streaming,
     
    miker and Infant Jesus of Prague like this.

Share This Page