My turn

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by "Quis ut Deus", Jul 25, 2020.

  1. "Quis ut Deus"

    "Quis ut Deus" ADMIN Staff Member

    I have to agree ;):):D(y)
     
    BrianK, AED and Sam like this.
  2. border collie

    border collie Archangels

    Glenties is very central for exploring! You're not in an Airbnb by any chance?
     
    "Quis ut Deus" likes this.
  3. "Quis ut Deus"

    "Quis ut Deus" ADMIN Staff Member

    No border staying at a family home..

    Glengesh pass is something else..
    View attachment 13121
     
  4. AED

    AED Powers

    So beautiful.
     
  5. "Quis ut Deus"

    "Quis ut Deus" ADMIN Staff Member

    Well heading home in the morning and the kids and I are having a sing song overlooking portnoo beach how fitting I chose to sing one of my favourites.... Ah fair well donegal until next time :);):love:

     
    Katfalls, padraig, Mario and 4 others like this.
  6. HeavenlyHosts

    HeavenlyHosts Powers

    You and your family had a lovely time of it. Thank you for this music. Very poignant memory.
     
  7. "Quis ut Deus"

    "Quis ut Deus" ADMIN Staff Member

    Yes we had a great time for sure..
    You know I always hated the word famine my kids know the truth it was genocide without a shadow of doubt
     
  8. AED

    AED Powers

    What a lovely getaway John. I'm so happy for you.
     
  9. Mary's child

    Mary's child Powers

    Thank you for taking us along with you ❤.
     
  10. DesertStar7

    DesertStar7 Guest

    Thank you for the photos, of yourselves and of the countryside. (y)

    It is wonderful "getting out" and into nature. We did that yesterday. :love:
     
  11. AidanK

    AidanK A great sinner

    John you are truly blessed and richer than any billionaire
     
  12. Dolours

    Dolours Guest

    Lovely pics. Great to see such a happy couple and their family getting a break.

    John, you've given me a yen to visit Donegal but you could never turn me into a fan of Christy Moore.
     
    "Quis ut Deus" and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  13. maryrose

    maryrose Powers

    DONEGAL is beautiful. I'm heading for Kerry, Dingle peninsula, the weekend after next for my stacation. That is also a very beautiful part of Ireland.
     
  14. "Quis ut Deus"

    "Quis ut Deus" ADMIN Staff Member

    Awk sure I sing his songs better than him so you can be my fan instead (y)
     
    Dolours, HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.
  15. "Quis ut Deus"

    "Quis ut Deus" ADMIN Staff Member

    Love that part of the world have fond memories of inch strand catching my first bass and looking for fungi the dolphin :) enjoy your hols (y)
     
    HeavenlyHosts, maryrose and AED like this.
  16. maryrose

    maryrose Powers

    Every year since 2001 I have visited Medjugorje but not this year due to the pandemic. I had hoped to visit Knock Shrine this week also but sadly it is closed. I arrived here in Kerry at the foot of Mount Brandon yesterday for a break and have found a really holy hidden spot of celtic Christianity.
    Mount Brandon is a mountain dedicated to St Brendan the navigator. From this spot he set out on his legendary voyage to America centuries before Columbus. He returned and founded many monasteries, a famous one in Clonfert. Eddie Stones runs Emmanuel House of Prayer there now.
    Mount Brandon has many ancient holy spots on it and an ancient Stations of the Cross path which culminates at the summit. Im planning to tackle it in the next few days. I booked our accommodation with eirb&b. What a surprise when I got here to see Our Lady of Fatima plaque outside the house. It has Divine Mercy picture on the front door. When we went inside the first image to greet me was a lovely tiled picture of St. There's and a picture of Our Lady of Medjugorje.
    It's a nice modern house run by a single man.
    I realise now Jesus is here waiting for me in this little hidden oasis. Who would have thought!
    I am so happy
     
    Katfalls, sterph, Sam and 6 others like this.
  17. Jo M

    Jo M Powers

    How wonderful Maryrose. It was meant to be!
     
    HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  18. HeavenlyHosts

    HeavenlyHosts Powers

    :)(y)
     
    Jo M likes this.
  19. AED

    AED Powers

    How lovely! How absolutely like Our Blessed Lord to bring you right to the place He had selected for you. So often when doors seemingly shut against our plans Our Lord has a better plan. I've seen this over and over in my own life.
     
    maryrose, Sam, Jo M and 2 others like this.

Share This Page