My diocese's new bishop

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by RosaryWielder, May 6, 2018.

  1. RosaryWielder

    RosaryWielder Founder of Claritas

    Today at mass, our diocese's new bishop was there and I was pleased to find, that our parish's tabernacle had been centered, (our previous bishop had maintained the rule that tabernacles had to be shifted to the side in the sanctuary) as well as our new statues that we ordered last year had finally arrived.

    I would just like to ask for prayers for our new bishop as well as our diocese. Our diocese is in a bad shape, I have really hard time getting access to basic things the most Catholics take for granted, please pray.
     
    AidanK, gracia, Dolours and 2 others like this.
  2. HeavenlyHosts

    HeavenlyHosts Powers

    Will do
    What part of the world are you in?
     
    RosaryWielder likes this.
  3. RosaryWielder

    RosaryWielder Founder of Claritas

    I'm in a very remote corner of British Columbia, I'm also struggling with secular things as well, specifically finding an apartment. I used to have my own place but certain factors resulted in me loosing it and now I'm back with my parents, I'm trying to find another apartment but, the local economy here is just really bad. (I think it's the collapsing birthrate, but there could be other things at play here as well.) Granted, there are probably a lot of other places out there that are much worse.
     
    HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  4. padraig

    padraig Powers

    I sometimes have thought that if I were in he'll itself I would be so happy there knowing that out of all there I at least would praise and love him.
     
  5. padraig

    padraig Powers

    That this, along the flames would be my heaven.
     
  6. HeavenlyHosts

    HeavenlyHosts Powers

    Thanks for sharing
    Prayers for you
    There are 15 promises granted to those who pray the Rosary
    Will pray for your situation
    Padraig is just plain a happy person as you can see:D
     
    AED and RosaryWielder like this.
  7. padraig

    padraig Powers

    When the war gets tough the rough get going.

    It must be the Irish in me but I kinda like having my back against the wall.

    Like there's were it's supposed to be
     
    gracia, AED and RosaryWielder like this.
  8. padraig

    padraig Powers

    Anyway I find the tougher things are the brighter the fire in my heart.

    I love it
     
    gracia, AED, RosaryWielder and 2 others like this.
  9. Dolours

    Dolours Guest

    I'll say a prayer or two for you, your bishop and your diocese. I'm sure there are worse places you could be than your parents' house.
     
  10. RosaryWielder

    RosaryWielder Founder of Claritas

    I sort of have the same mind set as you, the only problem is I lack the optimism, I need to trust in Our Lord and Our Lady more and be more hopeful.
     
    gracia and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  11. AED

    AED Powers

    You have the warrior spirit Padraig. God bless you!
     
    gracia likes this.

Share This Page