my brother has just died

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by PotatoSack, Oct 19, 2014.

  1. Thomas

    Thomas Angels

    Prayers for you, your family as well as your brother.
     
    PotatoSack likes this.
  2. Timothius722

    Timothius722 Archangels

    My condolences on your sudden loss. You and your family are in my prayers. Peace.
     
    PotatoSack likes this.
  3. Bartimaeus

    Bartimaeus Archangels

    Know that I am with you and will keep you wherever you go,
    and I will bring you back to this land,
    for I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.
    Genesis 28 15
     
    PotatoSack likes this.
  4. Fatima

    Fatima Powers

    My condolences and prayers for you and your family.
     
    PotatoSack likes this.
  5. Mario

    Mario Powers

    Potatosack,

    How beautiful is the timing of your prayer. I recall you once mentioned about regularly placing everything in Mary's hands, so this holy coincidence surprises me not!:) May I ask what your brother's name is, so I can add a personal touch to my prayers? :(

    Safe in the Refuge of the Immaculate Heart!
     
    PotatoSack likes this.
  6. Rain

    Rain Powers

    I am so sorry. Prayers for your brother and family.
     
    PotatoSack likes this.
  7. bflocatholic

    bflocatholic Powers

    I am praying too - for your whole family. A difficult time, to be sure.
     
    PotatoSack likes this.
  8. Carmel333

    Carmel333 Powers

    I'm so sorry! Am praying for your brother and your family.
     
    PotatoSack likes this.
  9. Bonaventure

    Bonaventure Guest

    Terribly sorry for your sudden loss. Prayers for all
     
    PotatoSack likes this.
  10. PotatoSack

    PotatoSack Powers

    Thank you all for your heartfelt prayers for my brother Scott. I am overwhelmed and humbled in reading your posts. I give thanks to God for the consolation and peace he is giving me right now...of course, we'll see how I am doing after the wake and funeral, but right now I am at peace.

    I can tell you that this whole experience has been made easier and more bearable because I am consecrated to Mary. It is our mother who has brought me to a deeper friendship with her son, and it is Him giving me peace and insight at this time. How can someone who turned away from his catholic faith to atheism, has not been to confession since making confirmation in high school, has not had the eucharist in years, does not go to mass, had no last rites and absolution, and is not having a funeral mass make it to heaven?? God's justice and mercy. In His justice, He will determine who is culpable for my brother's atheism. and I think that culpability lies not with my brother. His faith was crushed by others when he was a child. I know God looked kindly on what a loving husband, son, brother, and uncle he was. And in His infinate mercy, God took him when His could could be saved. I don't think my brother could have physically or spiritually survived the events to come, and that is why God took him now, for his heart had opened a crack and that is all you need to save your soul. I do think my Dad was with him in his final moments to help his limited belief all the more. God is so merciful and good!!

    And yes, as Mario mentioned, I had put my brother and all my family in the care of Mary. That gives me much comfort, confidence, and trust in their salvation. Since Mary takes all my prayers and sacrifices, I had asked her some time ago to give my last 3 divine mercy indulgences to my siblings, so they may have a speedy trip through purgatory. That is also giving me comfort at this time, knowing my brother probably cashed in on that indulgence to go through purgatory at warp speed!

    I hope I am not sounding boastful in this post. My point is to give you lots of hope for your loved ones. have hope, even if your loved one is an atheist or no matter what the situation. Only God knows all the complexities that led to that situation and he will be the just judge. All wrongs will be made right. and consecration to Jesus through Mary is such a tremendous gift that you must do, especially in these times. It is the most you can do for the salvation for your family's souls, and as you grow closer to Jesus through Mary, He will give you peace that you just don't deserve!
     
    Beth B, Mac, RoryRory and 6 others like this.
  11. Jackie

    Jackie Archangels

    PotatoSack, I am so sorry. Prayers, a rosary for your brother Scott.
     
    PotatoSack likes this.
  12. RoryRory

    RoryRory Perseverance

    Prayers tomorrow may he rest inpeace
     
    PotatoSack likes this.
  13. Ecclesiasticus 2

    Ecclesiasticus 2 Principalities

    Chaplet of divine mercy for his soul and rosary for your family. Sadness in my heart for all of you.
     
    PotatoSack likes this.
  14. Dawn2

    Dawn2 Archangels

    Jesus please welcome home Potatosack's brother. Please strengthen and console his brother, wife and whole family.
     
    RoryRory and PotatoSack like this.
  15. Timothius722

    Timothius722 Archangels

    Praying for your brother and that your find peace and comfort in the Sacred Hearts.
     
    Maureen M likes this.
  16. Joe Crozier

    Joe Crozier Guest

    I think you are right PS. All God needed was that tiny crack. I lost my brother when he was 50.
     
  17. picadillo

    picadillo Guest

    I will keep your family and him in my prayers.
     
  18. padraig

    padraig Powers

    Prayers walking round the Park tonight.

    I am sorry I seem to have missed this at the time. :(
     
  19. Sorry for your loss Cathy, I will pray for all in the Divine Will. Your words about Scott having a crack in his heart and that's all that God needs remind me of Leonard Coen's lyrics, "There's a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in."
    Be at peace.
    BC
     
  20. Joe Crozier

    Joe Crozier Guest

    You were the first to post when Cathy told us.
     

Share This Page