My baby was stillborn

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by zouxi, Oct 15, 2022.

  1. Jo M

    Jo M Powers

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2019
    Messages:
    5,598
    Gender:
    Female
    Prayers for you and the wife. :cry: I know the sorrow of this loss is unbearable. God bless you both.
     
  2. andree

    andree Powers

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2014
    Messages:
    1,827
    Gender:
    Female
    I am so very sorry for your terrible loss. I will remember your precious Anthony, his parents and family in prayers and mass tomorrow.
     
  3. HeavenlyHosts

    HeavenlyHosts Powers

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2016
    Messages:
    23,500
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    Maryland,USA
    Yes, it’s an awful shock, and you are probably still in shock, you and your wife. Prayers going up.
     
  4. AED

    AED Powers

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2016
    Messages:
    25,825
    Zouxi it was a few years before I could talk of it and certainly the thoughts of it always brought tears. It was a shock for me too. I had only just talked to him on the phone one night. The next day he was dead. Purple Flower is right--wrestle with God til you get to His Heart. There will be peace.. He loves your little one even more than you do truly.
     
  5. ellen

    ellen Ellen

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2017
    Messages:
    789
    Gender:
    Female
    Dear zouxi,
    Garanbandal was right ...there are no words to comfort you and your wife . The shock of Anthony's unexpected death most be mind boggling to fathom. And yet it is that event.....which was so rare and so appalling that it HAD to be at the hand of God!

    I think Heaven has plans for Anthony...just wait and see what comes from this horrific cross that you both now bear!!!

    In the mean time.....Rosaries for Anthony.... and your family.
     
  6. miker

    miker Powers

    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2013
    Messages:
    6,301
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    US
    While blessed with 4 healthy children, my wife and I also experienced the loss of two miscarriages. As a male , I know this loss is different from my wife who had life within in . As the husband and dad, I too mourned this loss of life , but also seeing the deep grief of my wife…and her initial guilt of what she thought she someone did was also a deep pain. I can only say as others here have done…. Prayer , talking to God…even expressing your hurt (maybe even anger) is ok… but don’t stay there. It’s a great mystery on this…. I don’t know the answers. I will say, in many ways, it strengthened my marriage…. My wife and I shared our grieve our loss and our questioning of God together. I know with all my heart… God is good always and in all situation. He loves you and your wife and your first child and baby Anthony forever and completely. I pray for your family. Peace
     
    Luan Ribeiro, sterph, zouxi and 8 others like this.
  7. Mario

    Mario Powers

    Joined:
    Sep 8, 2007
    Messages:
    15,191
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Pulaski, NY
    Prayers for you and your family, zouxi. Yes, such pain when you were so close to holding Anthony alive in your arms!:(:censored::cry: Hail Mary...
     
  8. padraig

    padraig Powers

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2007
    Messages:
    46,002
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Belfast, Ireland
    'I am asking myself why this happened to me, what wrong did I do?'

    I kind of ask myself that question in my own life but sorta the other way round, I ask myself the question the other way round,what wrong did I not do? I am constantly amazed , looking back at myself , my younger self at what a foul oul young do nothing right kind of person I really, really was.

    Some of the things I got up to...well..

    I always remember after going back to my worldly life out in the desert my Spiritual Director asked me the question, 'How have you forgiven yourself so readily?' Kinda like how do you not have nightmares, How do you sleep at night? ( a for instance I have taken human lives on more than one occasion...my enemies in war) .

    But I quoted to him Isaiah:

    Isaiah 1:18

    “Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the LORD. “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.

    He was taken aback by that. But I take God at His word. When he forgives us our sins.


    Quite the contrary, that bigger our sins the more His Mercy.

    When I saw Our Lady anyway I knew from talking to her my sins really were gone.

    What has happened for whatever reason just happened that way , because God willed it. it has nothing to do with your sins, trust me.

    God loves you, loves your dead son trust Him. He gave him to you a little while and took Him back again. He gave him. It was His to give; He took Him back again: it was His His to take back.

    He was only ever given to you on loan, no matter how long he lived.




     
    Sam, maryrose, zouxi and 6 others like this.
  9. "Quis ut Deus"

    "Quis ut Deus" ADMIN Staff Member

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2013
    Messages:
    4,347
    Gender:
    Male
    such testimony....
    As I read though each post of comfort and pain I repeatedly heard the words of Isaiah..

    But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.

    God bless all of you :love::love::love::love:
     
    Sam, zouxi, Luan Ribeiro and 7 others like this.
  10. Mylordandmygod

    Mylordandmygod Archangels

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2020
    Messages:
    188
    Gender:
    Male
    Deepest sympathy to you and your family may god take your child into his arms and hold it there until you are united with it again in heaven
     
    Carol55, zouxi, Luan Ribeiro and 6 others like this.
  11. "Quis ut Deus"

    "Quis ut Deus" ADMIN Staff Member

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2013
    Messages:
    4,347
    Gender:
    Male
    I wanted also to say should I say shout from the bottom of my heart.

    THIS IS WHAT THIS FORUM,, THIS LIVING ROOM,, IS ALL ABOUT,,MOTHER MARYS HOME AND ITS MEMBERS HELPING EACH OTHER CARRY THIER CROSSES.

    That spirit has been missing here for so long..

    Please God may your Holy Spirit enlighten all of the members of this forum and may we grow in love and patience ..:love::love::love::love:
     
    Carol55, Sam, djmoforegon and 11 others like this.
  12. Mark1

    Mark1 Guest

    …I haven’t stopped thinking about this unfathomable cross of yours and your wife’s since I read it. Late last night. I prayed intensely for all of you, and will continue to do so. My mom suffered 5 miscarriages, and I dont think I fully realized the awful, awful nature if it until recent years, after mom passed to Heaven. Your baby will be there waiting for you. Cling to your faith. God bless you
     
    Carol55, Sam, zouxi and 7 others like this.
  13. Carmel333

    Carmel333 Powers

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2012
    Messages:
    1,382
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    Am so very sorry! Am praying for you.
     
    Carol55, zouxi, Luan Ribeiro and 3 others like this.
  14. miker

    miker Powers

    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2013
    Messages:
    6,301
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    US
    Amen, Amen, Amen!
     
    Carol55, zouxi, Luan Ribeiro and 3 others like this.
  15. AED

    AED Powers

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2016
    Messages:
    25,825
    Yes!!!
     
  16. Catherine L

    Catherine L Archangels

    Joined:
    Jan 1, 2020
    Messages:
    285
    Gender:
    Female
    I am very sorry. Sending up prayers.
     
    Carol55, zouxi, AED and 4 others like this.
  17. Byron

    Byron Powers

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2016
    Messages:
    4,213
    Gender:
    Female
    Prayers for healing.
     
    Carol55, zouxi, AED and 4 others like this.
  18. Pray4peace

    Pray4peace Ave Maria

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2014
    Messages:
    786
    Gender:
    Female
    May God bring comfort and peace to you and your wife as you struggle with this devastating loss.

    During the toughest times in my life, I find myself returning to Philippians 4:13 and repeating it over and over throughout the day. Not sure, but maybe this could be of help to you too. Your family is in my prayers!
     
    Carol55, Sam, zouxi and 5 others like this.
  19. Luan Ribeiro

    Luan Ribeiro Powers

    Joined:
    Aug 21, 2017
    Messages:
    4,636
    Gender:
    Male
    no words of comfort are enough at this time; I can only pray that God comforts your heart and that of your wife; united in the firm hope of eternal life.
     
    Carol55, Sam, Mary's child and 4 others like this.
  20. Bernadette

    Bernadette Archangels

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2013
    Messages:
    377
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    Shelby, Ohio
    Today on the EWTN daily Mass Fr. John Paul Mary said besides today being the memorial day of St. Therese of Avila, it is also World Pregnancy and Infant Loss Memorial Day. It's for all those who have lost during pregnancy or infancy. He said God sees your loss and agony and He does not forget your pain. Jesus still bears his wounds and your pain is real and NOT in vain. He also spoke of a ministry called Red Bird Ministry that supports Mothers and Fathers who have suffered a loss. It just seems so appropriate today in your agony that you are not alone and your suffering not in vain. If you look up the EWTN daily Mass on YouTube for today, you can listen to the entire homily.

    You and your family are in my prayers, God Bless!
     
    Carol55, Sam, Mary's child and 4 others like this.

Share This Page