Michael Voris comes out - Honest and moving

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by Krizevac, Apr 22, 2016.

1. davidtlig

davidtlig Guest

No, the Church is largely silent about Medjugorje but Mr Voris has shown himself to be very negative. Also, his ecumenical views are, shall we say, very different to those of Pope Francis.

2. padraig

padraig Powers

Traditionalists are usually very negative about Medugorje. My own parents were both Traditionalists and never believed, no matter how I worked on them. :D
    I never heard of a Trad who believed in Medugorje, Mac on the forum, is a good example of this.;)

I am noly guessing but I think it might be because Our Lady does not appear to take up their cause in her messages there, I really don;t know.

I sometimes, listening to Michael, have the strong feeling that he is a Traditionalist , though he never says so. He reminds me of my father on his views on a lot of things. I have always had the feeling that Michael has an agenda and my guess that it would be Traditionalist. or at least qusi Trad.

Maybe, maybe not , it's just a guess. I am not criticising him for it, just speculating.

Mac and torrentum like this.
  3. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

I watched the recent videos on Church Militant and thought, the homos are definitely gunning for Michael V.
    Church Militant were gunning for the New York gay network clergy. That could get very nasty.

This battle is not about Michael Voris. It is about the abuse of the collections from parishes used to fund gay perverts who pretend to be shepherds of the flock. Just like Judas.

There are other Catholic groups silenced, and I have thought for a long time that if you follow the money trail, it shows a very troubling picture of what is going on, not just in USA. God will come to our aid once He has given the Shepherds ample opportunity to repent and return to the job He set them. That is feeding His Lambs and Sheep.

Our duty is to pray for everyone involved.

padraig and CrewDog like this.
  4. padraig

padraig Powers

I am afraid Judas never died in he Church. He was always there, right at the top. But that should not scandalise us, we are in a war with a terrible enemy, full of rage and spite.

From time to time Exorcists meet the Spirit of Judas from hell in the possessed, he is still knocking about.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    Ed Kleese and Mac like this.
  5. Julia

And I believe we have been told that Priests and Bishops are high on the target list for the demons to tempt, attack and destroy any way they can. Because this is the best evil way to destroy a great number of souls who are under the care and influence of Priests and Bishops.

We need to pray more, and fast if possible for the sanctification of our Priests and ministers. They are the most under attack, so I have heard.

Beth B likes this.
  6. padraig

padraig Powers

I think Julia I have heard of people who spend their whole lives praying for priests. Also of VIctim Souls who offer up their suffering for priests. I must pray more for them, but I keep forgetting. I must say I am very impressed with nearly all the priests I see lately, especially the young ones. Maybe it is my imagination but they seem better and better.

I think anyone who sticks at being a priest these days and lviing his vocation fully in these very idfficult times must be ,very, very holy.

There is a young chaplain in the hospital who touched me a lot. I called by a few times in the sacristy to thank him for saying the 4th Eucharistic Prayer at mass instead of the 2nd which everyone else says, I also make little comments on his sermons and the gospel. I ahve noticed lately when he is preaching he is looking dwon to see how I will react.

I think even these little things, to go and talk to them and thank them helps them.

You are right , I musst pray for them at every mass.

Beth B, Clare A, torrentum and 2 others like this.
  7. Clare A

Clare A Archangels

Please pray for seminarians, especially that we have more of them! I have just returned from Rome, and during that time I met with our seminarians in the English and Scots Colleges. They are of a very high calibre, all young men of prayer and deep faith. It did my heart good to meet them. BUT.... there are not nearly enough. The Scottish seminaries are all closed except for the Rome one which has (I think) 19 candidate, and one can assume they won't all continue to ordination. We need very many more ardent young men to come forward.

torrentum, Sam, Beth B and 2 others like this.
  8. Dolours

Dolours Guest

With respect, Padraig, I'm no traditionalist and am very negative about Medjugorje.

I never heard of Michael Voris until I joined this forum. Apart from seeing one or two of his Youtube videos, I don't know a whole lot about him. Whether or not the Archdiocese was organising a smear campaign against him, the whole sorry business just leaves me feeling very, very sad. I hope that God will give him the grace to be merciful to those who were less than merciful towards him.

His opinion on Medjugorje is irrelevant.

Clare A likes this.
  9. Clare A

Clare A Archangels

I agree with Dolours. If belief in Medjugorje is a litmus test, I fail it as well and I am not a traddie either. I have known about Michael Voris for some time. He has a lot of energy and a passionate faith. I do wish he would focus more on the positive, however.

We are all sinners and I admire Voris for his openness. If he's been to confession and amended his life, then he's cool with God and that's cool with me.

10. CrewDog

CrewDog Guest

It seems to me that Our Christian "Litmus Test" can be found in The Apostle's Creed.

GOD SAVE ALL HERE AND BLESS MY COMRADES IN ARMS, LIVING & DEAD!!

Dolours likes this.
  11. padraig

padraig Powers

I always suggest to people who are opposed to Medugorje that they go out there and see for themselves. I think the pigrimages are a bit pricey but I think Ryan air run a direct flight from Dublin to Dubrovnik very cheaply indeed. From there you can catch a bus or taxi right into the village very cheaply and accomadation is never a problem.

I went there and it was quite one of the most extraordinary spiritual experiences of my life. I would recommend it to anyone.

PotatoSack likes this.
  12. davidtlig

davidtlig Guest

I find this comment on Medjugorje being a 'litmus test' strikes a chord with me. I do find myself using a person's attitude to Medjugorje to be a very clear guide to that person's discernment. Not to whether they are good or bad person or whether they are holy or not but to their openness to the Holy Spirit. The reason is because so much information is available about what has happened there over the past 30 years or so and it has been subject to so much investigation by Church and secular alike. I'm sorry if what I'm saying here seems to be a criticism of anyone, that's not my intention. It is just that we are all frail individuals totally reliant on God's grace to lead us to truth and we can so easily put up 'defences' in ourselves that block the Holy Spirit.

I believe that the announcement of the early secrets of Medjugorje will ultimately authenticate the apparitions there and then those 'defences' that people have had will become apparent to them.

Julia likes this.
  13. Dolours

Dolours Guest

I wouldn't go there, Padraig, because I have so many reservations about it that even if I saw something extraordinary happen I wouldn't trust that Our Lady or her Son were the source. I know a few very good, holy people who are completely convinced of its authenticity and tell me that I should look at the fruits. Well, for me the fruits are a dispute between the Franciscans and the Bishop; a priest having a baby with a nun; priests saying Mass and hearing Confession without the Bishop's permission; pre-arranged apparitions; visionaries making money off the apparitions; a visionary being startled while supposedly in a trance and a feeble attempt by a handler to explain it away by saying it looked like Our Lady was dropping the Baby Jesus; visionaries lying about what they were doing when they saw the first apparition; and just general disobedience. I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole and, frankly, people like David suggesting that sceptics aren't open to the Holy Spirit makes me doubly suspicious of it. Since when has being open to the Holy Spirit equated to gullibility or falling for every self proclaimed visionary or locutionist?

Sorry if that causes offence. I wouldn't have listed my reservations if there hadn't been an inference that I was "blocking" the Holy Spirit. I don't want to get into an argument about it. Suffice it to say that we are not obliged to believe in approved apparitions and we most certainly are not obliged to believe in the unapproved such as Medjugorje, so I'll plod along and trust that the Holy Spirit will answer my prayers whether or not I pay heed to sanctimonious warnings from the devotees.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
    Clare A, Julia and Totus tuus like this.
  14. CrewDog

CrewDog Guest

Since I've infested this site and others I have suggested, strongly, that anyone "pushing" a NOT APPROVED Apparition, Seer or What-Ever should, Up-Front", declare the subject of the post/discussion is NOT APPROVED but might be worthy of investigation and thoughtful reflection...... NOT worthy of Belief 'cause that is The Church's job to decide!! ..... IS IT NOT!!!???

GOD SAVE ALL HERE!!

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
    Julia and Dolours like this.
  15. Julia

I respect your sincere discernment on the Medjegorje apparitions Dolours. I do confess to feeling Medjugorje is genuine and the means which God is using to bring about the Triumph of Immaculate Heart of Mary.

Always remember Saint Patrick had to go over the heads of the English Bishops to complete his mission to the Irish people, by going to Rome and the Holy Father in his day. We never know the workings of God.

There are however many other messengers that I do no feel comfortable with. And as you say we should not get into disputes over our personal feelings on these issues.

God bless you for your many great posts on various topics, they are always good to read.