Masks in church

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by garabandal, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

I was simply responding to glorifying God in song.

Donna259 and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  2. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Right. :)

3. Sunnyveil

Sunnyveil Archangels

Consensus is a logical fallacy . a majority of scientists may assert that anthropogenic global warming is occurring but their assertions arent fact. Same with masks preventing covid. Where's the proof??
    Further what type of face covering works? N95 masks only? Scarfs?
    Why arent masks treated as biohazards if theyre trapping dangerous pathogens?
    Do masks cause harm to the wearer?
    Scientific consensus is meaningless and too easily becomes tyranny.

Tanker, Joan J, HeavenlyHosts and 3 others like this.
  4. Sunnyveil

Sunnyveil Archangels

AGREE -- 100%

AED likes this.
  5. Sunnyveil

Sunnyveil Archangels

Also masks are a way to pit people against each other to achieve conformance to tyranny. If you dont wear it or, next, dont get the vaccine, it shows youre an uncaring selfish person.
    How easily we were moved from worrying about overwhelmed ICUs without enough ventilators to requiring a mask at all times even if youre 6 feet away from anyone else at Mass.

Joan J, AED, Adoremus and 1 other person like this.
  6. many things are mandatory in society, so they are all a preparation for tyranny. are masks the preparation for the government of the antichrist? please, let's think a little more and stop being ignorant. there is a disease out there and masks help sometimes. It is not something irrational.

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  7. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I truly see your point. I think you are using your God-given brain. It’s not a cut and dried issue.

AED likes this.
  8. Donna259

Donna259 Archangels

yes these norms keep society civilized. Like being forced to stop at a red light. Everyone is expected to do so and those who don't will usually be punished either by an accident or getting caught by the law.

I agree to your point, but this is something so new forced upon us. PLease don't be upset as we struggle with its difficulties for all of us. And of course, when will this all end is the next question. I simply HATE wearing a mask but I do so for others and myself during a pandemic.

Te Deum, AED and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  9. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

Oo, you make an incredibly valid point. I washed everything in hot daily. Disinfected everything in the garage the first month of shutdown. My Dad & I had to ease up as we learned more about the CCP factor.

10. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

I wear it for everyone's comfort and pray differently and for different concerns.

Will we has less flu this coming season because people have improved their hand washing & will finally stay home when sick? I sure hope so. We have all had conversations w people who came to work sick.

Donna259 and Julia like this.
  11. AidanK

AidanK A great sinner

There are parts of this world where the wearing of masks has been mandatory for generations. The compulsory wearing of the niqab and burka imposed upon women. It subjugated dehumanises and disenfranchises women making them all appear uniform and inconsequential taking away individuality and self expression in the formation of a docile "herd". But of course this could never happen in the west , could it?

Jo M, Te Deum, Adoremus and 3 others like this.
  12. AidanK

AidanK A great sinner

I wonder what the "covid figures" are like amongst niqab wearing Muslim women

Donna259 and Adoremus like this.
  13. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

You know that is a very good point. People just get on with it normally, some get the flu others seem to be immune. I do and will wear a mask when asked for the sake of peace; but I think they are not what they are cracked up to be. It was interesting to read doctors, nurses and surgeons wear masks so as not to get their own body fluids in open wounds. Mask were never used by medics to protect them from common or garden germs, I think hygene is the norm in that regard. And another interesting thing; years ago nurses used to work the wards and bed bath patients each day for hygenic purposes. Nowadays you are lucky to get offered a bowl of water if you are not able to get to the bathroom yourself. Hygene in hospitals is no longer considered essential or so it seems. I speak from experience.

In general, I do believe however a major problem in the modern workplace is the air conditioning. If windows were opened there would be far less risk of contamination. It has been said the filters in those systems are very expensive, and you can bet your bottom dollar cost cutting exercises will mean poorer quality filters and cleaners are used. To top it all, the buildings with air conditioning are built with windows that are sealed, so no chance of fresh air.

It would seem this will be a major cause of infections circulating around air conditioned buildings. Effect....more viral spread. IMHO

Te Deum likes this.
  14. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

I don't think those women wear their niqab hijab in the house. Under those black things, they are wearing modern and stylish clothes, but just not allowed out of their homes without the extra covering. Anyway, the husbands/men are exposed to the virus, so the women will be much the same as the rest of us.

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  15. Tanker

Tanker Powers

Good observation. I wonder too. Interesting.

I haven't really weighed in because I wear the masks in church because it is required at the moment. I do NOT agree with it but I would do anything to be with Jesus. The 2 months when churches were closed I longed for church so I will wear it. However, this is something completely different .

How many people really think our governments care about our health? I mean honestly. They closed down the world's societies and cause massive unemployment and loss of homes and places to live, many people are struggling to even feed their families. And very few governments have offered any kind of help to the people for something THEY did. We have quarantined the HEALTHY and not the sick. This is diabolical.

Jo M, Don_D, Te Deum and 4 others like this.
  16. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I totally agree with you on all points you have made in this post.

17. Catherine L

Catherine L Principalities

Last Wednesday, I went to stand outside of church with my mask on waiting for priest to open up church door for confession at 7 pm. Several people were standing around waiting. My mask covers my mouth but not my nose due to my asthma difficulties. One woman starts talking to me (more than 6 ft from me) and I'm like "what? I can't understand you as I'm hearing impaired." She used her fingers motioning me to pull up my mask up more to cover my nose. Feeling frustrated and I said kindly, "no, because I have asthma. You're fine and we're more than 6 ft apart." She continues to step away even farther. Geesh, she's the first person that I had someone tell me how to wear my mask! I despise mandate masks...its so controlling and dehumanizing. Some are just so pushy & paranoid with fear...so sad. Sigh.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    Te Deum, Adoremus, Sam and 2 others like this.
  18. AED

AED Powers

Yes. Me too. Caught between the mask fanatics who scream "murderer" if you don't wear one and rebels who yell "sheep!" If you do. "Clowns to the right of me Jokers to the left of me and here I am stuck on the middle with you." Paraphrasing tom petty.

19. AidanK

AidanK A great sinner

Dear AED, "Stuck in the middle with you" is a brilliant song originally a hit for Steelers Wheel and written by the late great Gerry Rafferty who died from alcoholism much too early

AED and Donna259 like this.
  20. AidanK

AidanK A great sinner

Nor do people wear covid masks in their houses