Maria Divine Mercy

Discussion in 'The mystical and Paranormal' started by Fatima, Apr 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glenn

    Glenn Guest

    I have had this argument with those who claim to be " Catholic" , and believers in MDM. The first rule of the church is " Obedience". This article below, usually leaves them with little to say. How can you be disobedient to the Pope , when church authority demands your obedience, and even our Blessed Mother showed obedience to church authority during the apparitions of Garabandal ? If she obeys, how can you not ? http://www.ourlady.ca/info/ourLadyShowsWay.htm
     
    Miriam likes this.
  2. padraig

    padraig Powers

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2007
    Messages:
    45,952
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Belfast, Ireland
    She left in a huff after I advised her to stop spreading the messages until they were reexamined and asked her questions about who her Spiritual Director was/is and after others on the forum began a critique. :)

    It is till a mystery who this priest might be. But I cannot imagine any sensible priest letting her go ahead with these messages.

    I am sorry Rome has not intervened directly to quash all this. But maybe there has to be some kind of formal process?
     
  3. Glenn

    Glenn Guest

    Padraig, as soon as legitimate questions are raised, " you " become a roadblock to divine messages ???? Seriously ? Mark my words as the opposition is mounting publically now, her desperation will lead to angrier messages, and one with greater doctrinal error.
     
  4. Carmel333

    Carmel333 Powers

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2012
    Messages:
    1,382
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    So many of her predictions have NOT come true...just reading what she predicted on this very forum (after Rain so kindly posted the link) I am amazed MDM hasn't started to question these messages herself. I had an apparition with a message about the sacrament of marriage in 1997, and after meeting our Lord I would be SCARED TO DEATH to teach or post something contrary to His Churche's teaching. I felt His love for me was bigger than the universe, and yet I knew how He loves all in this way, and how He would protect His souls from false teaching and there would be justice to pay for each lost soul that I may influence. He Himself says, if anyone teaches any of my littles ones to sin, it would be better for them if they had never been born. So, yes, I truly believe I would be scared to death to publish any message I received even if "Jesus" told me to. I would probably go through every outlet of the Church to give me direction. So anyway, my point was: having seen Him myself, again, I know He has justice for those who in any way lead His souls astray, and I would be scared to death....:eek:
     
    Krizevac and Miriam like this.
  5. Glenn

    Glenn Guest

  6. Rain

    Rain Powers

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2007
    Messages:
    1,578
    Location:
    USA
    Thanks for the link, Glen.

    Excerpt from the Archbishop of Brisbane:


    On her radio interview, and elsewhere, Maria Divine Mercy said or at least strongly implied that she had submitted herself to church authority. Hmmm.
     
  7. padraig

    padraig Powers

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2007
    Messages:
    45,952
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Belfast, Ireland
    I wonder what her disciples are thinikng? They musy be very loyal to stay with her.
     
  8. Carmel333

    Carmel333 Powers

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2012
    Messages:
    1,382
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    As per many of the messages, they are made to feel that MDM is now their only link to God, and if they don't believe the messages, they will be lost.
     
  9. padraig

    padraig Powers

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2007
    Messages:
    45,952
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Belfast, Ireland
    Sigh.

    Terrible.
     
  10. Jon

    Jon Archangels

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2013
    Messages:
    627
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    USA - Wisconsin
    I don't know. Maybe you are aware of people that have bound themselves to Maria Divine Mercy and could be considered disciples, but those that I have encountered are more of a "blend'. What I mean is that they are Catholics who are aware of Marian apparitions, are practicing their faith, and continue to believe in the genuine approved apparitions, (and those that are not condemned), yet they were also following the MDM messages.

    This seemed to come about because of the first conditions I mentioned (that they were paying attention as part of their expression of faith...much like the original thread on this forum when Maria actually joined and interacted for a while, and many here were also paying attention).

    Then, it seems, these messages continued, and without any church position coming from her bishop, people assumed they could or should still test the spirit and discern them. Many of the doctrinal errors are/were subtle, and didn't seem in opposition to the church (if you didn't look closely, or have the ability to recognize some of the inconsistencies with Church teaching)....until the election of Francis, I suppose. (Aside from the "Book of Truth", Holy Word assertions). That is why I initially tried to email them directly about the "book" itself, and the sale of them, and about some statements attributed to Jesus that didn't sound like Jesus Christ, the Son of God (I posted the MDM site replies to my emails earlier in this thread).

    A little less suspicious, I guess, are the LTTW messages being promoted on some threads here, because I think the "seer" is in submission to a known authority (at least a local priest, but I haven't seen any Bishop connection made). Yet still, I when I read several of them, I did not get a "genuine" feeling about the words attributed to Jesus on LTTW either, as the littany of modern cliches that emanated within them seemed very worldly.
     
  11. padraig

    padraig Powers

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2007
    Messages:
    45,952
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Belfast, Ireland
    No I agree Jon. LTTW is suspicious. But I think I put it in the, 'Its not over till the fat lady sings', category. :D
     
  12. Carmel333

    Carmel333 Powers

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2012
    Messages:
    1,382
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    There was a lady near me in Minneapolis, who was getting messages, posting them with permission of a spiritual director (one who was also a director for Sister Lucia of Fatima also I believe). Suddenly the Bishop asked that her messages not be published and removed, and they were promptly removed with a copy of the notice she received on her website. I think she was called "Little Mary" Anyway I was impressed by her humilty and obedience! She was always in the open, and had prayer groups at her house, and anyone could see she was also living a holy devout life. I should look and see if her site is still there. Her messages did talk about the Warning approaching and the return of Jesus also. Perhaps someday her story will also be released to the faithful, but as I said, I was very impressed with her prompt and humble obedience to the Church. Oh yes here still is her site http://www.littlemary.us/
     
  13. padraig

    padraig Powers

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2007
    Messages:
    45,952
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Belfast, Ireland
    It's difficult to discern with a lot of messages. Some of them have a huge output and who has the time . Many messages from purported seerers are in the category, 'Jesus loves you, Mary cares, 'category which is fine but kind of you think, 'Is this all there is to it?

    Such messages very rarely contradict Scripture/the teachings of the Church so nothing to complain about there.

    As to prophecy, well often such things are on the long finger, in other words no definite date or circumstance..and even when they do bomb, well even great saints have bombed on prophecy.

    Where I do think false seerers al leventually fall and are caught out is that they are like satellites that fall to Earth, eventually the force of gravity pulls them down in flames to Earth.

    The same with the False give them time they all plumett downwards, the false does not stand.
    So apart from the ovious terrible ones, like MDM its just a watching waiting game.

    The Church is so wise in this. She watches and waits. So I suppose we must be patient and be like the cat who watches the mouse hole. If their is a mouse in their eventually she will pop out.:D

    The satellite will fall to Earth.

    [​IMG]
     
    Genuflect and Carmel333 like this.
  14. Phillip

    Phillip Angels

    Joined:
    May 15, 2013
    Messages:
    271
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Iowa
    As soon as LTTW starts advocating schism or questionable doctrines then I'll wash my hands of it. But for now I am going to keep reading the site. If Pope Francis does consecrate Russia then it will get interesting.
     
  15. padraig

    padraig Powers

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2007
    Messages:
    45,952
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Belfast, Ireland
    I think Carmel the same thing goes for true messages in reverse. The devil may bury them but they will rise back up again.

    St Grignion De Montford's 'True Devotion' was buried in such a way for generations but popped right back up there.[​IMG]
     
  16. padraig

    padraig Powers

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2007
    Messages:
    45,952
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Belfast, Ireland
    Yes Phillip. I have not ruled out LTTW yet. I am not an AMerican so perhaps I am misunderstanding the cultural, 'Accent'. But as I say I am not a fan.
     
  17. Glenn

    Glenn Guest

  18. Phillip

    Phillip Angels

    Joined:
    May 15, 2013
    Messages:
    271
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Iowa
    LTTW makes definite predictions about the papacy of Pope Francis, Syria and the Middle East, etc. These predictions should be shown to be true or false fairly soon. If peace takes hold in Syria or Pope Francis dies of a heart attack in a couple of months (heaven forbid!) then LTTW is not authentic.
     
  19. Miriam

    Miriam Archangels

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2011
    Messages:
    660
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    Galway
  20. HOPE

    HOPE Guest

    This is what Maria Divine Mercy said on the other thread that Rain gave a link to

    Hello everyone. I am Maria. The European Seer of thewarningsecondcoming.com

    I would like to say a few things. These messages are authentic. I did not invent them. I never asked Jesus for this work. I am certainly unworthy and was not a very religious person beforehand. But Jesus loves sinners and likes a challenge. I have no interest in getting attention or generating any kind of revenue from this. the most important thing is the Jesus loves us all with such a deep abiding passion that it is quite unlike anything we could ever imagine. I see him and his Blessed Mother through prviate apparitions and inner locutions. The Warning is going to take place within a few months now. So prepare all of you. These are the words of Jesus Christ. so I would ask you to humbly pray before you pull his most Holy Word apart.

    Prophecies revealed to me are already happening. The Catholic Church were given all these details in advance. The earthquake in Spain and Volcano eruption in Iceland happened exactly as I was told. Three world leaders - one from mainland Europe and two from the middle east will be killed within a month. When they happen I would ask you then to accept the truth and bow your heads. Our Lord told me that his most holy word would be ridiculed, mocked, scorned. Just as he was mocked when on earth his true word, via the authentic visionaries, will also be mocked.

    God Bless you all. Maria​
    Anonymous, Jun 1, 2011
    #41

    I underlined the part of her prediction of the warning being a few months from the time of her post, June 1, 2011
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page